Fox to Sunderland

1 minute ago, Dizzys Dad said:

The many posters on here, who continually criticise Morgan Fox (and others), are the main reason why we are also-rans.

Why not try encouraging players who aren’t having a good time, instead of joining the lynch mob.

Can anyone who is a member of the lynch mob, come on here, and justify why you call yourself a SUPPORTER of Sheffield Wednesday ?

They will..and tell you that you don't understand football..

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

They will..and tell you that you don't understand football..

I don’t slag fox off during games. Except the odd groan when he misplaced another pass. But I will criticise him in the pub and on here. He isn’t anywhere near good enough to play for us. He is a liability and other teams target him when he plays. I’ve been watching us for fifty years most of which as a season ticket holder and don’t miss many away games. Why shouldn’t I be able to have an honest opinion on a players ability

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

The many posters on here, who continually criticise Morgan Fox (and others), are the main reason why we are also-rans.

Why not try encouraging players who aren’t having a good time, instead of joining the lynch mob.

Can anyone who is a member of the lynch mob, come on here, and justify why you call yourself a SUPPORTER of Sheffield Wednesday ?

So the reason we are also rans is because we have some fans that criticise and boo some players?

Guess you are right. Maybe our failings have nothing to do with disastrous signings and transfer policies, and equally woeful managerial appointments we’ve made. :duntmatter:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

I don’t understand why any fan prefers to berate, rather than encourage players. How does that help the team?

Against Millwall and Preston my bitter disappointment turned to rage at times so I kind of understand.

I don't hold grudges when I've calmed down tho.. it's taking a while with Odubajo tho I must admit..

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I don’t slag fox off during games. Except the odd groan when he misplaced another pass. But I will criticise him in the pub and on here. He isn’t anywhere near good enough to play for us. He is a liability and other teams target him when he plays. I’ve been watching us for fifty years most of which as a season ticket holder and don’t miss many away games. Why shouldn’t I be able to have an honest opinion on a players ability

I've never said you couldn't Plonk...but at least you've got that one off your chest..

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Thay is okay if you do it with every player. 

If anybody can say with honesty, that they slag or praise every player equally, then that would be fair enough. 

But I will guarantee that most people will pick on a player to slag off, but will not do it to their favourites. 

How much has been bid for Morgan Fox? I would say in the region of £150k. He’s in the final year of his contract and the Makems will know fine well of the abuse he gets from the fans. 

How much do do you think we will accept? £300k? Let’s face it, we would release him at the end of next season.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

5 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

So the reason we are also rans is because we have some fans that criticise and boo some players?

Guess you are right. Maybe our failings have nothing to do with disastrous signings and transfer policies, and equally woeful managerial appointments we’ve made. :duntmatter:

So why give all the abuse to the players. Direct it at the people who made the disastrous signings, made the woeful managerial appointments and set the transfer policy. Not the players FFS.

Fox falls into the category of player, who I thought might leave, if we were to get reasonable offer. Pelupessy and Winnall are two more. I thought they might have left before our window closed, but when they didn’t, I was happy for them to stay Likewise, if we get a decent offer now, all three could go, without it causing us too many problems. Yes it would leave us without the preferred 2 players for every position, but given that we have a lot of adaptability within the squad, we could easily get by

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Fox falls into the category of player, who I thought might leave, if we were to get reasonable offer. Pelupessy and Winnall are two more. I thought they might have left before our window closed, but when they didn’t, I was happy for them to stay Likewise, if we get a decent offer now, all three could go, without it causing us too many problems. Yes it would leave us without the preferred 2 players for every position, but given that we have a lot of adaptability within the squad, we could easily get by

With 1 window left until the end of the season I admire your optimism..re "could easily get by"..

Just now, Dizzys Dad said:

So why give all the abuse to the players. Direct it at the people who made the disastrous signings, made the woeful managerial appointments and set the transfer policy. Not the players FFS.

Hey, I don’t abuse our own players, I was just making a point about your post. For what it’s worth I don’t think Fox is a good enough player for the championship, and he’s way off the level of a championship club with promotion aspirations.

But I do agree the abuse is unnecessary and is not helping anybody. But having a boo boy element to our fan base is not the main reason we’ve been languishing in the lower leagues for the last 20 years is it?

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

With 1 window left until the end of the season I admire your optimism..re "could easily get by"..

I suppose what I’m saying is, losing any of those three players wouldn’t adversely effect our chances of promotion