Rowett win-win

Just now, Costello 77 said:

If the sticking point with Hughton is money I'd be looking at ways to make the money available..

He's the only one I really rate..

I hear D- Haulage is an up and coming company, very profitable too.

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Burton a relatively small club to the playoffs twice is an achievement. It can happen to many managers. Carlos arguably had a squad capable of getting top two and his recruitment was shocking in areas, but two playoffs was decent. 

Birmingham were challenging us for 6th place and his sacking more or less sealed our place in the playoffs.

Derby were top 2, scored the third highest amount of goals in the league that season and lost narrowly in the playoffs. That happened to Brighton when we beat them. Derby fans didn’t want to lose him to stoke despite this.

Stoke was a disaster but after he left they got worse!

Burton achieved promotion after he left.

My point was that he hasn’t set the world alight at his other jobs. He’s performed probably slightly above average.

if people think he’s the man to take us to top 2 or even top 6 then I respectfully disagree.

he will get my full backing if he does get the job though.

7 minutes ago, mrrodge said:

My point was that he hasn’t set the world alight at his other jobs. He’s performed probably slightly above average.

if people think he’s the man to take us to top 2 or even top 6 then I respectfully disagree.

Who is then? Realistically 

Guest LittleG
3 hours ago, tarn owl said:

You can run a list of achievements for most managers who are available, Steve Mclaren, Moyes, Coleman, Pulis. Doesn't necessarily make them the right man for the job. Lots and lots of managers available who have had great success that are being dismissed. It will be a personal call that some will disagree with. I think Rowett is a better option than lots of those names, but Rowett will still be available after 10 games if Bullen is not capable. I think let Bullen finish a proper run before hiring someone like this. I would hire Pulis out of the current crop of out of work managers if came down to it. So happy to wait and see if Bullen comes good first.

I know it's all about opinions  but I'm glad you're not doing the hiring 

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

True but I can think of plenty of reasons why most of those mentioned are not right for the job or wouldn’t want it (Moyes wants the US, McLaren is a joke, Coleman wasted his chance to shine, Pulis is effective but would need to buy a new team of giants).  But those don’t apply to Rowett who has had two different scenarios at derby and Birmingham and had both in and around the top six. Stoke has harmed him but I think it’s a red herring. 

The main issue with Rowett is his huge backroom team.

If we could realistically pick anyone in or out of work who would it be? 

Honestly no one jumps out at me. I would have liked Hughton. But obviously isn’t coming. I don’t believe the hype in the cowleys, I like Alex Neil, but don’t think he would leave PNE at the minute. Derek mcinnes at Aberdeen interests me, but still unsure on him. 

For now, I would give Bullen more time and wait to see what happens. Stranger things have happened in football than a caretaker manager being a success. Let Bullen finish 10 games and see then. If still not happening then I would approach Aberdeen and PNE and go from there. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

We have a limited budget?

So doing well is mid table and playing shyte football.

Yeah be a reyt capture for us

We do now, but we have spent money and have a decent Championship squad, that would allow you to move players in/out. We don’t need that much to get close to playoffs either....

Plus I reckon DC would spend again if we were close in January....

16 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Honestly no one jumps out at me. I would have liked Hughton. But obviously isn’t coming. I don’t believe the hype in the cowleys, I like Alex Neil, but don’t think he would leave PNE at the minute. Derek mcinnes at Aberdeen interests me, but still unsure on him. 

For now, I would give Bullen more time and wait to see what happens. Stranger things have happened in football than a caretaker manager being a success. Let Bullen finish 10 games and see then. If still not happening then I would approach Aberdeen and PNE and go from there. 

McInnes got sacked by Bristol city didnt he? 

20 hours ago, mrrodge said:

No he hasn't, but he's better than what we currently have because at least he's a manager.

Bullen isn't.

Whoever we'd get to replace Bullen would probably deliver slightly above-par performances, as you say, but that's the profile of the manager we can realistically expect to attract.

We don't have the outrageous luck to get a Wilder, we don't have the name in the game to get a Bielsa, and we don't have the parachute cash to get a Hughton - assuming he'd drop to this level in the first place and would stay there once the PL comes calling in January.

On 27/08/2019 at 14:14, Ellis Rimmer said:

What about the dull football? Do you want to watch that weekly? Fans quickly turn their backs on dull football if it's not working well and the Wednesday crowd are pretty harsh these days 

Sorry pal, but it doesn't come much duller than what we're seeing under Bullen!

17 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

They could have been out of sight by then... a better team will be. Should we wait until we get a battering, because believe me, we will?

13 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

Oh, and, the first half was as bad as anything Jos turned out, and as insipid a performance since the days when Gray set us up to snatch a 0-0 every week

You are hard to please

28 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You are hard to please

Ha... I'm not. Been called a Clapper on here many times!!! I can just see a lack of organisation, a lack of imagination and a lot of hope. This transposes on to the players.