Rowett win-win

But......

according to Rowett himself, he has not spoke to swfc..

I find this hard to believe, as an out of work manager surely he will have applied for the vacancy.

If so have DC etc just ignored his application without even a thanks but no thanks ?

I draw £110 if Rowett gets the job but £330 If Ian Holloway is installed but I'd willingly give it up for us to have a successful season with Lee Bullen at the helm.

PS - Look out, look out there's Fannies about lol

Edited by paddyowl

Rowett is not the man for me. I'm interested to hear the viewpoints of people saying he has done well at 3 of his 4 clubs

Burton - lead them to 2 playoffs but ultimately failed. Did Carlos not do this for us yet his tenure is seen as a failure by some fans

Birmingham - ok he led a poor team to a decent mid table finish.

Derby - spent a lot on wages on old players and then failed in the playoffs.

Stoke - disaster

I think he'd be a great appointment, he has done well at 3 out of 4 clubs and as others have said Stoke are a showerofshit in free fall.

He sounds like he'd be up for it, done well on a budget and we have a very decent team for him to work with.

He wouldn't be my absolute first choice if I could pick any manager in the world but we could do a hell of a lot worse and I would be disappointed with him at all.

8 hours ago, ANDY said:

But......

according to Rowett himself, he has not spoke to swfc..

I find this hard to believe, as an out of work manager surely he will have applied for the vacancy.

If so have DC etc just ignored his application without even a thanks but no thanks ?

do managers still apply for jobs ?......i'd have thought everything is done thru agents these days ...

22 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Done well on a budget everywhere.

Stoke was a poor run, but they got one of the best young managers in after him and got even worse. Some issues bigger than the manger there.

I think we’ve missed a trick not going for him. 

That for me raises alarms over the appoint "up and coming" manager, e.g.Cowley. Based on the Stoke experience, Rowett beats one of the best young managers. Do we go for experience, but not quite successful (Rowett/Monk), experienced, done it, but boring (Pulis) or the greater gamble of done it at a lower level (Cowley)?

I don't envy the job Chansiri has. And with the current state of the fan base, I suspect the majority will go "FFS" when the appointment is finally made, because there aren't any outstanding candidates.

On 25/08/2019 at 23:33, Ellis Rimmer said:

He's done nothing and plays dull football. No thanks.

Also I forgot he's as fickle as Bruce and will be away in a shot if a better offer comes along

Hes done okay at every club.

I dont this hes in a position to 'walk' anymore though plus Wednesday would be the biggest club hes been at.

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Hes done okay at every club.

I dont this hes in a position to 'walk' anymore though plus Wednesday would be the biggest club hes been at.

We want to do better than ok don't we?

Are we bigger than Derby and Stoke?

He flutters his eyelashes if bigger clubs are interested, he can't be trusted, even if we are bigger than other clubs he's managed we are not much bigger so he will likely do the same again.

What about the dull football? Do you want to watch that weekly? Fans quickly turn their backs on dull football if it's not working well and the Wednesday crowd are pretty harsh these days 

I actually also think Rowett would be a good appointment. He said when he got the Derby job he knew he had to play a different style of football as the fans demanded it. Did well at Burton and Brum with limited budget. Failed at Stoke but that tanker will take a while to turn.

plus points, he knows championship, is a free agent, lives in area (presume) and wants job. He also loves Winnall!

Low risk, love Bully, but don’t think he is a manger, if GR fails, look again at end of the year.

54 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

We want to do better than ok don't we?

Are we bigger than Derby and Stoke?

He flutters his eyelashes if bigger clubs are interested, he can't be trusted, even if we are bigger than other clubs he's managed we are not much bigger so he will likely do the same again.

What about the dull football? Do you want to watch that weekly? Fans quickly turn their backs on dull football if it's not working well and the Wednesday crowd are pretty harsh these days 

Think you are being too picky here ...name me your choice ?