Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

Well, I've racked me brains trying to think of a better Chairman we've had, and for all the criticism he gets on here, it should be easy. But I can't think of one, he's the best we've had in my lifetime. So, who has a better one in mind?

He's learning fast and will only get better, good times ahead if we all pull together. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

They all have done good things and bad things. 

It's all a bit subjective. 

 

Not really, for a Chairman, most measures are objective, with regards to their success. 

 

Pretty much League & financial position. Not subjective at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

 

Not really, for a Chairman, most measures are objective, with regards to their success. 

 

Pretty much League & financial position. Not subjective at all.

 

Well it is.

. I'd argue that having the highest ticket prices in the league for second division football might be considered bad by some supporters.

 

I'd argue that a chairman who wanted to change the clubs colours like the Cardiff one did might be considered a bad thing by supporters.

 

Bert McGhee helped us rebuild. But wouldn't splash that extra bit to help Wilko really go to the next level. 

Was that good or bad? Howard thought bad and left.

 

On the other hand, he didn't allow us to spaff money to oblivion chasing the dream ... like Richards did. 

 

On the other hand some would argue that on Richards' watch they had thier most enjoyable years following the team.

 

So yes. In a thread asking who fans think has been the best chairman , yes, I do think it's subjective. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Well it is.

. I'd argue that having the highest ticket prices in the league for second division football might be considered bad by some supporters.

 

I'd argue that a chairman who wanted to change the clubs colours like the Cardiff one did might be considered a bad thing by supporters.

 

Bert McGhee helped us rebuild. But wouldn't splash that extra bit to help Wilko really go to the next level. 

Was that good or bad? Howard thought bad and left.

 

On the other hand, he didn't allow us to spaff money to oblivion chasing the dream ... like Richards did. 

 

On the other hand some would argue that on Richards' watch they had thier most enjoyable years following the team.

 

So yes. In a thread asking who fans think has been the best chairman , yes, I do think it's subjective. 

 

These are details, but as measures of success, Chairmen are measured on league & financial position.

 

The Stripes thing was Massive, for me, & thank God he did the right thing in the end. But ultimately, the afore mentioned will be what he will be objectively measured on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

 

These are details, but as measures of success, Chairmen are measured on league & financial position.

 

The Stripes thing was Massive, for me, & thank God he did the right thing in the end. But ultimately, the afore mentioned will be what he will be objectively measured on.

 

Oh I get the measures of success thing. 

 

But in my time following  weve lifted one trinket,  I'll probably never see us do it again. So it's the smaller things I judge on!

 

The kit might be a small thing to some. But what's a club without its identity! I could quite easily have judged him on that alone!

As you say, fortunately he's come around and actually delivered the best one for years. 

 

(Just don't ask about junior socks in the megastore:laugh:)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

 

A bit crude for my liking, could you change it back please?

naughty word machine changed it, you'd have preferred what I actually put I reckon. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Oh I get the measures of success thing. 

 

But in my time following  weve lifted one trinket,  I'll probably never see us do it again. So it's the smaller things I judge on!

 

The kit might be a small thing to some. But what's a club without its identity! I could quite easily have judged him on that alone!

As you say, fortunately he's come around and actually delivered the best one for years. 

 

(Just don't ask about junior socks in the megastore:laugh:)

 

As an S6 born & bred, identity is massive to me Snotty.

 

But the measures of success, of  league & financial position,  will be what Chansiri is objectively judged on.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

 

As an S6 born & bred, identity is massive to me Snotty.

 

But the measures of success, of  league & financial position,  will be what Chansiri is objectively judged on.

 

Aye, true enough Zedders, true enough, that's how the history books will remember. 

 

But us, with fire in our bellies judge them with our passions!

 

We should probably have a gaviscon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Aye, true enough Zedders, true enough, that's how the history books will remember. 

 

But us, with fire in our bellies judge them with our passions!

 

We should probably have a gaviscon. 

You'd be better off with something for your Snotty nose..but I'm not a doctor..

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Was that the meeting that the club wasn't told about until after it had happened where the first people to know about it was the Star...yeah reyt

Genuine question.

 

Can you provide us with a link to this? Interested in which meeting was held without the club knowing.

 

TIA

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mycroft said:

 

Remind me what we won under his regime?

2nd division champions 3 times,Runners up 1,first division/ premier league runners up 1,Fairs cup/europa league quarter finalist 1,Fa cup runner up 1.

We got the world cup staged at S6 because of Taylor and vastly improved facilities including the North stand,the lepp and seats in the south stand lower

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

2nd division champions 3 times,Runners up 1,first division/ premier league runners up 1,Fairs cup/europa league quarter finalist 1,Fa cup runner up 1.

We got the world cup staged at S6 because of Taylor and vastly improved facilities including the North stand,the lepp and seats in the south stand lower

 

Cheers so he has to be the most successful Chairman we've had in living memory?  Or does one League cup trump that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2019 at 00:56, Morepork said:

Remember the footage of Dave Richards around the time of the cup win and thinking what a great chairman we had at the helm......couldn’t have been further from the truth.

 

I guess my point is, can these things really be judged real time or does it need to be retrospectively??

We won't know whether Chansiri has been a good chairman until he leaves or completely succeeds. So far he's tried and failed and made us the most expensive mid table Championship side in the history of football in the process. Richards tried and succeeded........and then failed big time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, debram said:

He's learning fast and will only get better, good times ahead if we all pull together. 

He could have done his GCSEs and A Levels in the time he's been here. He's learned very slowly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

We won't know whether Chansiri has been a good chairman until he leaves or completely succeeds. So far he's tried and failed and made us the most expensive mid table Championship side in the history of football in the process. Richards tried and succeeded........and then failed big time. 

 

But not with his own money though. 

 

And nearly sent us under. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...