Football home and away

Why is there all this bullshit about having to play a different way if you are away from home ?..its a game of 11 against 11 on a football pitch, it comes down to desire and wanting to be better than the opponents you face, going out and attacking and playing like your life depends on winning the game..thats how you get promoted, i f@cking hate those piggies but thats what they did last season and you have to take your hat off to them no matter how much it hurts, so pick the best attacking team you have and go for it, football is a simple game or at least it used to be before all this technical sh@t changed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s not quite as simple as that though is it , there has been tactics since day one . You don’t match up a slow defender with an opponents fast winger for example . I understand your sentiment to just go and attack teams and believe we are far better attacking than defending .

29 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It’s not quite as simple as that though is it , there has been tactics since day one . You don’t match up a slow defender with an opponents fast winger for example . I understand your sentiment to just go and attack teams and believe we are far better attacking than defending .

Im not saying dont rotate players if there is a need to match up but its the way you approach the game...we need to press more.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Im not saying dont rotate players if there is a need to match up but its the way you approach the game...we need to press more.

I agree , why did we play so cautiously yesterday until 2 down , are we simply not good enough to impose on good , well organised sides ? 

Guest The Horse

Couldn't agree more.

I've said it before but home advantage should be a thing of the past for modern professionals.

Home crowd shouldn't bother them.

We gave SWFC the most passionate, tribal, loudest support I've ever seen in all my years at Wembley 2016 and it all counted for Jacques Merde.

If you have the better players, impose yourselves and let the others worry about you.

And you're right, it hurts to say it but Wilder gave no respect to no bugger last year and pretty much smashed most teams. And with players no better / worse than ours.

Which goes to show - the right manager makes a world of difference.

Well, a league of difference actually.