Pat Nevins comments....

12 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Would love Big Sam, in the Bruce mould as well. Not a chance he'd come here/we'd be able to afford him though. He also has a promotion from this level on his CV with West Ham as well as the very good Premier League CV.

Steve Bruce was on hefty wage by all accounts, I'm sure it'd be enough for Big Sam.

5 minutes ago, bigsheff said:

Steve Bruce was on hefty wage by all accounts, I'm sure it'd be enough for Big Sam.

Not sure mate, apparently he comes with a massive backroom team too. Sure I read somewhere he was the highest paid British manager while at West Ham.

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Not sure mate, apparently he comes with a massive backroom team too. Sure I read somewhere he was the highest paid British manager while at West Ham.

We need some backroom staff too...

if he was highest paid British manager at that time you could argue he was the best too... who was he up against Moyes, Pardew, McClaren?

Guest Jack the Hat
12 hours ago, RevOwl said:

If DC wants a suit manager i'd rather he got Carlos back. 

I’ve got a suit and I’m not obsessed with talking about throwing meat on bbq’s. Am I qualified? Anyway I’m just in my way to Asda to get some meat to chuck on the BBQ.

Looking at all the names associated with the job, big Sam might be the best out there.

People say he’s expensive, but I’m not sure. A few years ago when his stock was higher then maybe, but now, he’s only worth what a chairman will pay him. Otherwise he won’t be back in football.

i do wonder at his age, if he’d be prepared to work in the championship with a club who aren’t fancied to challenge this season.

I think we could do a lot worse, if and it’s a big IF, he’s fully up for the challenge.

It'd be nice to have a high profile manager again

13 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Having heard Pat Nevin comment on Talk Sport 2 this evening that Big Sam was in his view in the running for the managerial job and that he was sat in the stands today it does make you wonder? Or maybe he was just watching the game as a fan. 

Not for me. He’s a lump it manager who’s style of play wouldn’t suit our players and like Bruce he’s past his sell-by and would walk out on us at the drop of a wallet. 

6 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

Be ironic if Newcastle having nicked our manager are relegated and Big Sam comes in and takes us up having been shown the door by them............if Carlsberg did promotion and relegation!

If Carlsberg did promotion and relegation

It would be us swopping places with the Blunts

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.