My take - just got back

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Absolute tripe. 

If Fox has done what Odabajo had done today, he’d be hounded out of the City. 

Big lump upfront bullied us and it happens regular. Said last week Borner and Lee’s weren’t big enough and I also said many on here were getting carried away after beating a Barnsley side that will finish bottom. 

And finally, appoint a fcvkubg manager. 

What were the pies like?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, vulva said:

It's early days, but this is the second time in 5 matches that I am going to say the same thing: I've not been that impressed. His speed on the ground is only hampered by the speed of his brain, and I don't mean that in any overly-critical way. Is he a RB, because I am beginning to think he's more natural, either by default or through coaching, higher up the pitch?

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Big lump upfront bullied us and it happens regular. Said last week Borner and Lee’s weren’t big enough and I also said many on here were getting carried away after beating a Barnsley side that will finish bottom.

Easy solution. Put an man in front and sandwich him. It doesn't even need to be anyone tall either, Bannan could do it. The fact you have a 6' 2" defender behind you and someone in front of you, makes challenging for the aerial balls more difficult. On the deck, no chance as you have two on you all the time. I am referring to things like goal kicks, free kicks and corners, not all match.

Borner and Lees are plenty tall enough. Borner is the polar opposite of Odubaju for me in so much as he reads the game so well, and he is half a second minimum ahead most of the time. He might not be the quickest over the ground, but watch how many times he wins headers and tackles in dangerous situations because of his anticipation.

For me, just like with Millwall, we got the team and the tactics wrong. I was in a box today and as soon as Nuhiu came on, you could almost hear the PNE fans groan. In fact a couple of PNE fans, realising I was a Wednesday fan asked why he wasn't on from the start. I'm not saying he should have been on from the start, but Fletcher up front, on his own, when we have other forward players, is crazy. There is nothing wrong with 4-4-2, it's the tactics you apply to the formation and roles you give to the players that is critical.

Edited by ChapSmurf

Guest gizowl

Where are all the Nuhui and Fessi knockers tonight?man up and apologise to the said players for the disgraceful things you've called them, someone called Ian one the biggest culprits. 

54 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Sounds like a very light weight away performance. Teams like Preston and Millwall must relish playing us. 

Not sure lightweight is the right term. 

Wasn't like PNE battered us and had us constantly under the cosh. 

It was just very flat and lacking in any real energy or tempo. 

Once again, it took us going a couple of goals behind to really wake up. Once we did, it was pretty much one way traffic. Too little too late though. 

• Like 1

Nothing in the game until we give them the penalty, they then on top til half time. Same second half until we give penalty than we take it to them and it’s a different game. Could have got a point in the end.

Thought both full backs were poor. 

A lot of people making mountains out of mole hills. You take the errors out the game and we are well in a v tight game. Hope we can be more attacking minded in future games, like at the end of the game. 3 at the back for me. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

4 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Said it before the game it would be 2-0 when I saw the squad after Luton game.

FF (rhs) and Luongo (deep) should start with Bannan (Ctr). Murphy and Fox on for last 15 if needed. 3 at the back with wingbacks and take the game to them. Reach/Lee drops in if 4 needed at back. Bannan links both groups but drops back in if Luongo has gone forward.

Westwood

Iorfa         Lees        Borner

Luongo

Lee                                          Reach

Bannan

FF                 Harris

Rhodes 

(Nuhiu/Fletcher)

Bullen too long at the club now, way too scared/negative and way too nice...spends Friday press conference answering questions about opposition strengths...who gives a f*^k about the opposition?

I genuinely saw six wins under Bruce to start the campaign, these teams are not difficult to beat with our squad.

I really don't rate Nuhiu but if we are going to just lump the ball forward then he needs to be up there to hold it up (he can be good at this). Fletch is way past his best and can't do that role now, gets bullied. Fletch also needs to stay up on their last player and not leave the lines of the 18 yard box and stay in there for crosses...he was missing so many times and offside because he's too lazy to get back onside.

Just some thoughts...

Fletcher too lazy?

Must be a different Fletcher to the one who plays for us.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Fletcher gets bullied..:tango:WTF::duntmatter:

Apparently.

The same Fletcher that mauled and clattered the CBs so often for the first 15 minutes that he looked likely to get a very early yellow. The same Fletcher that won many headers against a pair of CBs, and the same Fletcher who scored a superbly headed goal.

• Like 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

Apparently.

The same Fletcher that mauled and clattered the CBs so often for the first 15 minutes that he looked likely to get a very early yellow. The same Fletcher that won many headers against a pair of CBs, and the same Fletcher who scored a superbly headed goal.

I hope it's been posted in drink..

Perhaps he'll rerun the game tomorrow over a coffee and see it clearly..

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, vulva said:

Absolute tripe. 

And finally, appoint a fcvkubg manager. 

'Fox actually played ok in my opinion.

we lacked any creativity for 80mins. Couldn’t get our wingers on the ball and Westwood was just having to hopelessly hoof it up front 

lacked ideas throughout. But we could see that midweek and nothing improved.

odabajo imo has looked out of his depth in 3 of the  last 4 games. Palmer and fox as full backs for me

3 minutes ago, Ilikebeevers said:

'Fox actually played ok in my opinion.

we lacked any creativity for 80mins. Couldn’t get our wingers on the ball and Westwood was just having to hopelessly hoof it up front 

lacked ideas throughout. But we could see that midweek and nothing improved.

odabajo imo has looked out of his depth in 3 of the  last 4 games. Palmer and fox as full backs for me

One thing that certainly needs work is the amount of times we pass back from advanced positions to Westwood. We did this a lot in Carlos era and mustn’t do it again. It’s fine in a team who’s defenders are comfortable and creative with the ball. We don’t possess such a Defence.

after a rubbish journey sat in traffic I was feeling positive when I got to my seat, had us down for a 3.1 win, my positivity didn't last very long though the game was very boring, Moses was annoying before giving the 1st pen away as he kept messing around trying to dribble in his own area instead of clearing the ball.Then there was the hoofball up to Fletcher all the time , which wasn't working but, although bored I didn't really feel threatened by Preston, the pens gifted them the game.

I hope lessons have been learnt