My take - just got back

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

And one more thing. That’s me done at Preston. Been loads of times, and only time we’ve come away with anything was when Chris Woods has the game of his life. And he was a duffer as well. 

You should have gone when Megson was in charge, a nice 2-0 victory for us then garymegson

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

All this Hector would have had him in his pocket rubbish. Hector got the run around in a few away games last season.

We have conceded 4 goals in 5 games, 3 through direct errors, none anything to do with any problems at centre-back and its not as if any team has created loads of chances against us either. 

2 penalties as well. Centre half is the very least of our problems, I genuinely think that is where we are strongest 

Just now, RichieB said:

You should have gone when Megson was in charge, a nice 2-0 victory for us then garymegson

Probably. Shame really because it’s quite a nice set up, big away end and St Gregory’s club is a decent spot. 

43 minutes ago, vulva said:

Absolute tripe. 

If Fox has done what Odabajo had done today, he’d be hounded out of the City. 

Big lump upfront bullied us and it happens regular. Said last week Borner and Lee’s weren’t big enough and I also said many on here were getting carried away after beating a Barnsley side that will finish bottom. 

And finally, appoint a fcvkubg manager. 

Agree about Fox. Would have been crucified. He did ok today. Nothing special but ok. But prefer Palmer. Iorfa at RB too. 

41 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Agree with most, although maybe not the the Lees / Börner part...I think they can fight with the best of them. Problem is we did get around the second balls today.

It was an awful performance.

Its been the same game plan for 3 straight games. Its flipping boring firing the ball into Fletcher all the time. Get it to Harris feet and let him run 

Never thought I’d say this but with Palmer and Fox as full backs I think defence is looking ok.  Biggest worries for me are:

a) midfield 3 offer little creativity and no real physical presence, unless you count some of Hutch’s rash challenges (those players fell short in 2016 and haven’t improved since).  I know all 3 are well loved but don’t think they are the way forward as a unit.

b) lack of goal threat from front 3 - extra pace out wide has been refreshing but Fletcher gets very little support.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Absolute tripe. 

Big lump upfront bullied us and it happens regular. Said last week Borner and Lee’s weren’t big enough and I also said many on here were getting carried away after beating a Barnsley side that will finish bottom. 

SPOT ON BUD

Have to agree, terrible display.  Took three hours to get there to watch that.  Said to the other half that's the last time i'm going there.  Never seen us do much at Preston.   Thought performances were shocking, tactics shocking, we were getting totally carried away after two games.  

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Never thought I’d say this but with Palmer and Fox as full backs I think defence is looking ok.  Biggest worries for me are:

a) midfield 3 offer little creativity and no real physical presence, unless you count some of Hutch’s rash challenges (those players fell short in 2016 and haven’t improved since).  I know all 3 are well loved but don’t think they are the way forward as a unit.

b) lack of goal threat from front 3 - extra pace out wide has been refreshing but Fletcher gets very little support.

wev'e been short of real quality up front since....bloody hell been a while..Preston are nothing special after watching them today..but neither are we

6 minutes ago, Mus said:

Have to agree, terrible display.  Took three hours to get there to watch that.  Said to the other half that's the last time i'm going there.  Never seen us do much at Preston.   Thought performances were shocking, tactics shocking, we were getting totally carried away after two games.  

Was a really bad journey. Didn’t factor in the Lakes and Blackpool BH traffic. 3 hours from Sheffield. 

Just got back myself.

Well, we were hopeless until the Big Man came on and started getting about them.

Prior to then, our main tactic was aimless hoofs to Fletcher. He won a few, but there was rarely anyone around him. It was nothing, aimless football. Something we've seen too often over the years. 

Preston aren't a good side imo and yet they were sleepwalking into a 2-0 win until we finally showed a bit of quality.

There is talent in this side, but mentally I'm not convinced.

Too often they are happy to let games pass them by; waiting for something to happen rather than trying to force something to happen.

With that mindset, they will lose more away from home than they win. You cant turn up for a last hurrah with 10 minutes to go and expect to pick up points. 

Ratings 

Westwood 6 - had little to do outside of picking the ball out of the net 

Moses - minus 2 - woeful

Lees 4 - bullied by the PNE striker 

Borner 6 - solid

Fox 6 - solid

Hutch 5.5 - didn't really impose himself

Bannan 5 - too much Barry Alonso today 

Lee 5 - barely involved 

Harris 6 - ok, but seemed to lose sight of the ball a fair bit 

Fletcher 6.5 - good header and worked hard, but Ronaldo would find it hard work with that service 

Murphy 5.5 - ok, but pretty ineffective 

Subs 

Nuhiu 8 - our best player by a mile 

Reach 7 - decent cameo and a great cross for the goal

Nando 6 - had a few moments

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

We don't play through the midfield!! How can they be creative without the ball.

We don't have possession to be creative - we are route 1 every time.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Absolute tripe. 

There were a load on here that wanted us to poach the Barnsley manager :duntmatter:

Said it before the game it would be 2-0 when I saw the squad after Luton game.

FF (rhs) and Luongo (deep) should start with Bannan (Ctr). Murphy and Fox on for last 15 if needed. 3 at the back with wingbacks and take the game to them. Reach/Lee drops in if 4 needed at back. Bannan links both groups but drops back in if Luongo has gone forward.

Westwood

Iorfa         Lees        Borner

Luongo

Lee                                          Reach

Bannan

FF                 Harris

Rhodes 

(Nuhiu/Fletcher)

Bullen too long at the club now, way too scared/negative and way too nice...spends Friday press conference answering questions about opposition strengths...who gives a f*^k about the opposition?

I genuinely saw six wins under Bruce to start the campaign, these teams are not difficult to beat with our squad.

I really don't rate Nuhiu but if we are going to just lump the ball forward then he needs to be up there to hold it up (he can be good at this). Fletch is way past his best and can't do that role now, gets bullied. Fletch also needs to stay up on their last player and not leave the lines of the 18 yard box and stay in there for crosses...he was missing so many times and offside because he's too lazy to get back onside.

Just some thoughts...

Edited by toooldforthis