Odubajo is a wing back.

17 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd want a penalty for that if I were the attacker...

Odubajo_Foul.gif.4aa3492318cc9e9d9d50770fa44be41a.gif

In the second half a pen got waved away where their player literally had his arms ruond our's neck.

Think it was Harris.

Nothing.

Then again he didn't fall on the floor like that player did. Clearly the contact didn't send him to the floor there. the player dived.

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beholder said:

In the second half a pen got waved away where their player literally had his arms ruond our's neck.

Think it was Harris.

Nothing.

Then again he didn't fall on the floor like that player did. Clearly the contact didn't send him to the floor there. the player dived.

There was one when big Dave went through a few players and had the same situation with a player on his back. Stayed in his feet and got the corner, 100% sure if he'd have gone down and appealed we would have got one.

25 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Well I think you are going to be a little disappointed then 

Oh no!

:duntmatter:

It's not as if Odubajo is some unknown entity; he's an established Championship right-back who's played well over a hundred games in that position.

For whatever reason, he's not had the best of starts in a Wednesday shirt - it happens. But that doesn't mean that the self-appointed experts who've decided that he's incapable of playing the position in which he's been most frequently deployed over the course of his career are right.

Just now, The Dukeries Owl said:

We've got a really good right back called Liam Palmer.  Play him there FFS :wacko:

Yeh i think this is the way forward now.

Albeit he was injured today.

Back to Fox and Palmer left and right.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Oh no!

It's not as if Odubajo is some unknown entity; he's an established Championship right-back who's played well over a hundred games in that position.

For whatever reason, he's not had the best of starts in a Wednesday shirt - it happens. But that doesn't mean that the self-appointed experts who've decided that he's incapable of playing the position in which he's been most frequently deployed over the course of his career are right.

I don't care if he had a world cup winning medal at right back , that was then this is now .

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Not a full back. 

Clear as day.

He'd be fine in a 343 or 352.

Even as a wing back he'd be required to make the same tackles he did today in the box. I'm sure he was RB most of the season Hull beat us at Wembley. He's had a rocky start but let's not dismiss him too soon.

32 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Then you're a soft bugger. Moses shouldnt have his hands on him but the player was looking for a pen like so many do nowadays.

That's what opposition defenders tend to call me (among other things) when I win penalties against them, yeah.

You can't go grabbing hold of an opposing attacker in the box and be shocked if you give a penalty away, I'm afraid. It's not the 1980s anymore.

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

So he was first choice right-back in a promotion-winning team at the age of 23, but not a right-back at the age of 26?

Got it.

Good glad thats clear . 

Just so we are crystal , are you happy to keep playing him there after his start with us ?

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Good glad thats clear . 

Just so we are crystal , are you happy to keep playing him there after his start with us ?

That's a big call for Bullen to make. He seems him in training and will have a far better handle on him than we fans have after four appearances.

If he feels today was an aberration and that Odubajo might respond better to an arm around the shoulder, then he may stick with him. If he feels he needs a kick up the backside or to be taken out of the firing line, then he may drop him to the bench, assuming Palmer or Iorfa are back for the next match.

I'll be happy with either - I've seen what Odubajo can offer at right-back when he's played there for other teams, even if he's not shown it in a Wednesday shirt in his first four appearances, 

He's looked suspect every time I've seen him, Bullen tried to give him chance to make up for his error when most would have subbed him at HT, and then he does it again, you can't write it. 

Nobody was suprised about that first penalty, no complaints from the fans or players. He should have just dealt with it. 

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That's a big call for Bullen to make. He seems him in training and will have a far better handle on him than we fans have after four appearances.

If he feels today was an aberration and that Odubajo might respond better to an arm around the shoulder, then he may stick with him. If he feels he needs a kick up the backside or to be taken out of the firing line, then he may drop him to the bench, assuming Palmer or Iorfa are back for the next match.

I'll be happy with either - I've seen what Odubajo can offer at right-back when he's played there for other teams, even if he's not shown it in a Wednesday shirt in his first four appearances, 

You are assuming Bullen knows what he is doing .