That's why we should have spent the £5M

Big clubs flexing their muscles over players that will never have a career there does my head in. 

I mean, you can even make the case its a completely FRAUDULENT system how the monopolising clubs like Chelsea operate in regards to transfer policies and 'developing' younger talent. 

Currently Chelsea have 27 players out on loan, 26 players in their first team squad and that's before you even get into the U23s, U18s, etc...

They operate like players are stocks and shares. Buy a young player with potential, get them to sign savvy tactical long term contracts with various loopholes, send them through the coaching/loan cycle without ever kicking a ball for the club..

What are you left with? A player like Hector you can exploit for maximum value at the expensive of his career or a failed prospect who you wash you hands with as if they were never there. 

10 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Big clubs flexing their muscles over players that will never have a career there does my head in. 

I mean, you can even make the case its a completely FRAUDULENT system how the monopolising clubs like Chelsea operate in regards to transfer policies and 'developing' younger talent. 

Currently Chelsea have 27 players out on loan, 26 players in their first team squad and that's before you even get into the U23s, U18s, etc...

They operate like players are stocks and shares. Buy a young player with potential, get them to sign savvy tactical long term contracts with various loopholes, send them through the coaching/loan cycle without ever kicking a ball for the club..

What are you left with? A player like Hector you can exploit for maximum value at the expensive of his career or a failed prospect who you wash you hands with as if they were never there. 

The football bodies have addressed this already and have proposed plans to limit non-domestic loans as of the 2020/21 season. Why do you think there has been this huge upturn in young players leaving big clubs to play abroad? Why Celtic and Rangers are suddenly signing Man City and Liverpool youngsters and Italian and German clubs snapping up young talent?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45643965

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/30/chelsea-confident-new-rules-capping-loan-players-will-not-mean/

Edited by Minton

10 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Surely not...he was only on £17k p.w. at Chelsea? 

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/chelsea-f.c/payroll/

According to that billy sharp is on 12k / week.:biggrin:

Jason Cundy has said repeatedly on Talksport that he average salary for the players on loan at Chelsea is 32k / week