Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

None existent today , bannan was shocking , we aren’t dictating play at all in middle of the park just sitting too deep . Not one of lee, bazza or hutch plays in the other half 

 

In tough away games I don’t see what value Bannan adds. I used to think he got bullied in a two but it’s in a three too. Luongo would start with Hutch and Lee for me I’m away games. 

  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same against Luton.

Reach got all the flack, yet in the first half he was in there on his own, while the other 2 were chatting to Lees about his holidays, even Murphy started drifting inside, so we lose our width.

Reach, Fletch, Harris and Murphy tried to press but the gap behind them was massive so Luton just popped the ball in there.

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s as if relying on the same midfield that failed us at Wembley over 3 years ago is still good enough...

 

A shame there isn't a +10 button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long have I been saying that Bannan needs dropping.

 

He slows us down and demands the ball when it isn't necessary.

 

It also shows why Bullen shouldn't be Manager.

 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bannan is an excellent player but needs to be in the oppositions half or have an open pitch.

If he is put under pressure he drops deeper and deeper. We need to utilise the opposition leaving space behind, when they close BB down.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect Luongo won't be far away from a start. 

Though apparently doesn't have a pre-seasono behind him.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy to say with hindsight but wanted luongo to start to todaythoight it would have been his kind of game 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also the Barnsley match was our best performance. Bannan misdeed it through injury. 

 

All I need to say.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord Snooty said:

I suspect Luongo won't be far away from a start. 

Though apparently doesn't have a pre-seasono behind him.

He should be 2 weeks into his own private preseason now. Another 3 weeks and he should be good to go. Can we wait that long?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our best performance against Barnsley Bannan didn't play 

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s as if relying on the same midfield that failed us at Wembley over 3 years ago is still good enough...

Fully agree. We've all been say I g that we want a beast in midfield and we end up back with these three. Hutch and BB play too deep and, if everybody's honest, Lee is not back to the player he was. Hes not the strongest in the tackle, nor is he making those late runs into the box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

 

In tough away games I don’t see what value Bannan adds. I used to think he got bullied in a two but it’s in a three too. Luongo would start with Hutch and Lee for me I’m away games. 

It's not only BB that gets bullied, Lee does as well. We have still not signed the dominant midfielder we've all been crying out for; unless it's Luongo.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

None existent today , bannan was shocking , we aren’t dictating play at all in middle of the park just sitting too deep . Not one of lee, bazza or hutch plays in the other half 

Bullens got them scared to show up for away games, they are getting nose bleeds looking at the table lol

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Bannan is an excellent player but needs to be in the oppositions half or have an open pitch.

If he is put under pressure he drops deeper and deeper. We need to utilise the opposition leaving space behind, when they close BB down.

This^^^ i hate it when he's dropping too deep to get the ball, he's so much more effective further forwards with people making angles for him

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally think playing 2 out & out wingers leaves us too thin in the middle, particularly away from home. Granted Bannan hasn't reached his usual standards yet this season but making a scapegoat of our best & most productive player over the last 3 seasons is ridiculous. Today's issue was more down to the system. 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're going to play 4-4-3, then the central midfielders have got to be getting into that final third and making things happen.

 

Lee and Bannan were non existent today. Time for Luongo to get his chance.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...