The Big Man

56 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not sure there are many players in this league that can come off the bench and make an impact like that in 15.minutes.

If we are serious about promotion I just feel we shouldn’t still have to rely on players of his ability  - been there, tried it and it didn’t work first time, nor the second. If you keep trying the same thing don’t be surprised when you get the same result.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, doubleo said:

If we are serious about promotion I just feel we shouldn’t still have to rely on players of his ability  - been there, tried it and it didn’t work first time, nor the second. If you keep trying the same thing don’t be surprised when you get the same result.

That's just not how it works. It's a squad game.

We have 4 forwards that have come off the bench and none of the others have managed to make an impact on a game. We can't bring in anyone else until January. Would you really just cast him aside because he played a bit part in 2 play off campaigns that didn't result in promotion?

5 hours ago, doubleo said:

So by that rationale you want to drop lee Bannan and hutch too?

Edited by kingsidney

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, S1Owl said:

Maybe so but aint he most effective when he comes on late when defenders are tired & he drags them about 

Totally agree. That’s next Saturday against QPR!

10 hours ago, kingsidney said:

So by that rationale you want to drop lee Bannan and hutch too?

Not at all, but if you’re saying that The Big Man is in the same class as them then clearly I’ve not been paying attention for the last few years.  My point is that if we are relying on him to change the game and get us promoted we’ve Tried that for years, and it’s become stale and predictable.

To throw the cat amongst the pigeons - I love BB and think he’s one of the best we’ve got, but the results have gone pear shaped since he came back. Not blaming him but maybe the system when he’s playing. Luton outplayed is the first half, opened us up 3 times with better football than we’ve shown yet this season, and our midfield didn’t seem to know who was doing what, and our goal was down to a defensive wee wee tail up. Couldn’t score against 10 men, and now the debacle at Preston. 

Throwing Dave on for the last 15 mins hoping he will create some chaos seems an act of desperation rather than a well worked out game plan.

Guest LittleG
21 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not sure there are many players in this league that can come off the bench and make an impact like that in 15.minutes.

Can't be arsed to trawl through all the other teams squads, appearances and minutes played so I'll take your word for that.