Time to end the charade

32 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Bully's a follower not a leader.  Petrescu or Big Sam should be the man. 

I tend to agree in part. In recent interviews he said he's followed Bruce's plan and kept it simple. That works short term but I don't see any long term vision. 

During recent interviews, his language has changed from putting his hat in the ring, to working game to game and doing what's best for the club,  slightly distancing himself. 

A few players have also referenced that he's done well, rather than a definite give him the job, it's been a why not or in some cases also stressing that the players deserve credit. 

I may be wide of the mark, but mirrors the Carlos days when players ran the show, we've also started to play that way, not turning up in first halves and short bursts of effort in the second half. Same coach, same players, same culture emerging without the control of an experienced manager.

However, I don't think we should appoint based on past 'glories', so not Allardyce etc. We need someone whose stock is on the rise, not decline. I'd like to see us go for Cowley at Lincoln, or someone like Neil, Cook already managing in the Championship.

If we were going to appoint one of the out of work mob, we've had 6 weeks to do that, surely we need to expand our talent pool search.

On 24/08/2019 at 17:03, theowlsman said:

There is no fooooking sentiment in football, not if you want to be winners.

Get the managerial position sorted sharpish please Mr C.

Bully got us some useful points and thanks Bully, but we all know, yourself included, that you are not the man to take us to the Premier League.

Thats what everyones waiting for.....Its pointless folk slagging  Bullen off..what do you expect him to do?

just p 8ss off?

DC has pulled a rabbit out of the hat once...Its up to him to prove it wasn't simply sheer luck...the said rabbit hopped up the A1...

The next rabbit has to be a similar rabbit.

Where are they?

Holloway?

pulis?

rowett?

We don't even know if all the buggers mentioned are even bothered about the job.

The worry is ..They aren't, cos they know a little more about the situation than we do.

If this is a make or break season..The one DC referred to at the meeting...Its nigh on time he made a statement.

even a siege mentality under Lee bullen would be better than the seeming indecision that is emanating from Hillsborough...both staff and fanbase...

25 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats what everyones waiting for.....Its pointless folk slagging  Bullen off..what do you expect him to do?

just p 8ss off?

DC has pulled a rabbit out of the hat once...Its up to him to prove it wasn't simply sheer luck...the said rabbit hopped up the A1...

The next rabbit has to be a similar rabbit.

Where are they?

Holloway?

pulis?

rowett?

We don't even know if all the buggers mentioned are even bothered about the job.

The worry is ..They aren't, cos they know a little more about the situation than we do.

If this is a make or break season..The one DC referred to at the meeting...Its nigh on time he made a statement.

even a siege mentality under Lee bullen would be better than the seeming indecision that is emanating from Hillsborough...both staff and fanbase...

spot on. We've supposedly had 100 applicants and either the one chosen didn't want it or none were good enough. If it's the former it is permittable to chose more than one applicant. If the rumours are true Bruce was Ashleys 11th choice ffs. We need a decision soon

On 24/08/2019 at 17:03, Theboylangers said:

Needs moving back to being a coach where he belongs. 

It's not going to work long term, the reason being that I don't think the fan base will accept him as full time manager and will get on his case when the losses inevitably occur. 

he hasn't got it, that's the 'reason'.

it was obvious to some before his appointment, it's become obvious to some since his appointment, and it's still not obvious to some now, but they're getting quieter.

can you imagine the carnage if bully had been given the gig after the first few games as the 'give it bully after two games brigade wanted'?

we need a proper manager in with some tactical nous, to turn draws into victories, and defeats into draws.

DC has a good plan.

Lets broadly split his options into two. Lee Bullen Vs someone else.

If going the LB route, it makes perfect sense to see how he gets on in the caretaker role first. It’s an opportunity for DC to try before he buys. Doesn’t lose a popular member of the coaching team, but gives him a chance in case he is good enough. Appointing him before now would have deprived him of that opportunity. If it doesn’t work out, he simply gets a more experienced manager in. Makes perfect sense

On 24/08/2019 at 16:57, WelshOwl74 said:

Bullen nice bloke but ain't a manager 

DC down to you now 

I can't agree with this because it says next page over the green like button.so when I press it, it just goes to the next page. So I agree with this. :Chansiri: