Time to end the charade

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I mentioned in threads after Barnsley, and again in threads after Luton, we will struggle to score against the better teams

I got shot down each time

Some fool said we were on course to score a record number of goals because we had scored 3 against a poor Reading, and 2 against a poor Barnsley

Trouble is, you don't get to play Reading and Barnsley every couple of weeks

The thing is i wouldn’t even class PNE as one of the better teams in the league. We where hopeless in an attacking sense until we pulled a goal back. Sure they are a decent team and are good at what they do but we need a manager that has the tactical knowledge to get something from teams like them. 

Why do we have to have an out if work manager? Everyone keeps banging on about this

Can’t we approach a club in a proper way?

Anyway, like a said about Jos after about a day and the same here..we need a proper manager. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Like I’ve said before.

People think too highly of our squad. We made some good signings in the summer and addressed some clear deficiencies. But for me it’s still mid table Championship. 

A better manager could probably get more out of them than Bullen, but the out of work candidates are absolutely woeful. 

And whoever comes in needs to be able to add quality in January. Because regardless of who the manager is, the squad ain’t all that. 

So what do we do carry on like this and split the fanbase even more or appoint someone else? We cant continue like this because l can see it getting toxic

4 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Why do we have to have an out if work manager? Everyone keeps banging on about this

Can’t we approach a club in a proper way?

Anyway, like a said about Jos after about a day and the same here..we need a proper manager. 

Totally agree, 

Its not worked before, it wasnt or isnt working now. 

Edited by Maddogbob

22 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Not just because they've beat us today, but we could do alot worse than Alex Neil, over achieving with a small budget at Preston, got Norwich promoted, and is only 38.

We need a clear plan and structure. Bullen was never the answer. This needs sorting quickly now. No more sitting and waiting around DC. 

I’m not sure about Neil, but could be convinced.  Where I am 100% with you is the need for clear plan and structure.  It seemed like we were heading that way under Bruce, but now not so sure.

It was always insane that some people seemed to think that because Bruce set us off in the right direction last season and early this pre-season then all Bullen (or anybody) had to do was oversee it and things would basically look after themselves. That’s not how managing a football team works. It actually pretty disrespectful to how difficult being a good manager is or how bad they can be.

I wholeheartedly thank Bullen for the job he does but we need a quality manager bringing in. Either of the most proven quality or biggest potential (if DC has someone who can spot it).

1 hour ago, striker said:

Just listened to Bullen and the first time I've disagreed with his assessment. So far he's been spot on and honest but today sounded like excuses.

Completely true. It’s like the performance was ok but just a couple mistakes cost us. When in reality it felt like we was second best and if that’s the standard Bullens happy with then I’m all for looking elsewhere for a manager. 

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We've lost two actually

And struggled to beat mighty Barnsley and mighty Luton at home

Try to keep up

Is that the same Barnsley who beat promotion favourites Fulham on the opening day?

There are no easy games in this league. As I’ve said before I hope Bullen doesn’t get the job. There will always be people amongst our fan base waiting to stick the knife in after a narrow defeat or poor performance and he deserves better than that.

Unfortunately the Wednesday job isn’t quite as glamorous as it used to be. I don’t know who you want as manager but the talk of poaching from another championship club (Neil for example) would be seen as a leap sideways. 

1 hour ago, mrrodge said:

Is that the same Barnsley who beat promotion favourites Fulham on the opening day?

There are no easy games in this league. As I’ve said before I hope Bullen doesn’t get the job. There will always be people amongst our fan base waiting to stick the knife in after a narrow defeat or poor performance and he deserves better than that.

Unfortunately the Wednesday job isn’t quite as glamorous as it used to be. I don’t know who you want as manager but the talk of poaching from another championship club (Neil for example) would be seen as a leap sideways. 

Every dog has it's day

They haven't won since and they got thumped at home today by an equally poor team

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

The thing is i wouldn’t even class PNE as one of the better teams in the league. We where hopeless in an attacking sense until we pulled a goal back. Sure they are a decent team and are good at what they do but we need a manager that has the tactical knowledge to get something from teams like them. 

Agree, they are a brilliantly run club but paying even a 350k fee would give them a nosebleed. They buy for pennies and sell for pounds.

So as usual its an inexperienced squad and one we should honestly be overpowering.

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I fear the chairman has backed himself into a corner by allowing this situation to meander along and as a result doesn't have a clear idea of what to do?

I think this is the result of DC not having a proper " Football man " advising him . 

• Like 1

The problem is Bullen has been caretaker manager now 3 times. Reluctantly on probably 2 other occasions but give it him a third time and he starts to believe he’s the man. 

The players no doubt like him and he’s been at the club a long time so has a bit of an aura about him or a face of the club if you will. He also loves the club so is desperate to succeed and no doubt thinks his passion for the club will help him do that. 

Bullen has managed say less than 30 games as Wednesday boss? We have seen the reactions on here to some choice of boss such as Holloway, Rowett, even Pearson but those guys  have a ton of experience in this damn dogged bi**h of a league and know when to pull/push and get results in this league. 

We need to say thanks Lee but it’s time to bring someone in with knowledge and experience of this league. 

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I think this is the result of DC not having a proper " Football man " advising him . 

A proper experienced CEO is needed. No Multi Millionaire runs all their businesses and every day decisions like Chansiri. You employ someone experienced in the field and let them run it for you, obviously having input but you need to trust the staff you employ to run the business to your vision.

I’m pretty sure we have no one in this role since Miere left the club. Off the field we seem ten steps behind everyone. Wether that’s kits, tickets, stands, managerial appointments, player recruitment. 

If interviewing Bullen for the Wednesday job the first question i’d ask him is why, if he wanted to be a manager, didn’t he apply for jobs around the region, Chesterfield, Doncaster etc. 

He’d be number one choice now and a shoe in had he gone elsewhere and proven himself. 

Great bloke, but I’ve never been convinced he’s got the gravitas needed for a job like this one.