Time to end the charade

4 minutes ago, poite said:

I'm not banging the 'give bullly the job' drum, but I'm interested to know...

If we had someone like Hughton or Rowett in charge now and had the same results would we be calling for their head? I doubt it...

The difference is, we've been here before with Bully.

• Like 1

So suddenly there’s no decent managers in WORLD football who would want the Sheffield Wednesday job? Don’t believe that myself.  Bullen is really better than the 100 applicants the club received? Don’t believe that either 

14 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

You’re saying Bullen is better than all the out of work managers?

Really, are you that clueless?

The only one I'd want at the minute is Hughton and that's not on the table.

Look at how Stoke are performing after poaching Nathan Jones. Nothing is certain and I think it's too early to say Bullen isn't up to it. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

The pundits will now increase the pressure by asking the same question i.e. Why haven’t Wednesday sorted out their new manager yet?

It’s a very reasonable question too. If Mr C thinks Bullen is the answer, then he needs to give it him, otherwise get someone else in. Allowing a caretaker to carry on long term is not the answer. 

Trouble is, you and I know he isn't the answer, in fact anyone with a reasonable knowledge of football will say the job is too big to give to someone who hasn't managed before

We risk losing a good club man because our chairman hasn't got a clue about football

I feel sorry for Bullen, he never should have been put in this position

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I suspect Bullen’s time is just about up, but need to look at players as well.

I’m not talking Odubajo, there will be enough comment on him. Over 3 years ago, many of us were at Wembley to witness a disappointing Wednesday performance in the play-off final, but we were consoled by the fact that the Owls were on the up. Hutch, Bannan and Lee played that day, and came up a little short. What makes us think these 3, not in the first flush of youth and having struggled to stay fit for prolonged periods are now the way forward in midfielder?

Don’t get me wrong, all decent players individually but not good enough as a midfield 3, and certainly not able to step up to Premier League standards in (unlikely?) event we are promoted.

Just now, Sykes said:

Look at how Stoke are performing after poaching Nathan Jones. Nothing is certain and I think it's too early to say Bullen isn't up to it. 

So you checked every available manager in the world out you must have been busy

Just now, Sykes said:

I’m with you on accepting Hughton as manager by the way. He’d be a good option once he realises his dream job of managing Huddersfield Town is no longer available.

Not just because they've beat us today, but we could do alot worse than Alex Neil, over achieving with a small budget at Preston, got Norwich promoted, and is only 38.

We need a clear plan and structure. Bullen was never the answer. This needs sorting quickly now. No more sitting and waiting around DC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Trouble is, you and I know he isn't the answer, in fact anyone with a reasonable knowledge of football will say the job is too big to give to someone who hasn't managed before

We risk losing a good club man because our chairman hasn't got a clue about football

I feel sorry for Bullen, he never should have been put in this position

Spot on Hoots. These last couple of games has shown that he hasn't got the nouse to be a manager. Looked on the stats on 71 minutes and we hadn't had a shot on target. Great coach great bloke but not a manager

• Like 1

Just now, RichieB said:

Not just because they've beat us today, but we could do alot worse than Alex Neil, over achieving with a small budget at Preston, got Norwich promoted, and is only 38.

We need a clear plan and structure. Bullen was never the answer. This needs sorting quickly now. No more sitting and waiting around DC. 

Meets the profile we should be looking at. And with more resources at his disposal might do a good job, and there are other similar options available fitting the same profile i.e. experienced Championship manager with a record of having got teams promoted to the Premier League.

I believe using the same profile resulted in Steve Bruce becoming our manager. 

Meh.

If there was an outstanding candidate out there (who wanted the job and was available) then it would be a no brainer.

As it is, we have a caretaker in charge who is seemingly learning on the job.

Rock and hard place springs to mind.

30 minutes ago, Sykes said:

It's alright saying Bullen isn't going to take us anywhere, but who do Owlstalk think is going to do that? Nobody in the pool of out-of-work managers that's for sure. 

We do we slwsys have to look at out of eork managers. Its time we showed some ambition and do what other clubs do , and go and poach a  in work manager from another club.we have the money to pay compo , we got it ftom Newcastle. 

Presumably all the 100 applicants have been told they were unsuccesful or are some waiting to be told? I doubt that they are so either make Bullen the manager.or appoint one of them.

29 minutes ago, runningaround said:

hardly the point I was making though is it. Even through the wins it's like you are waiting for a moment to strike LB. Whilst I think he maybe deserves upto 10 games as we are a play off contender at best, you seem to have him down as Irvine esque. 

Fulham, Leeds and W Brom will be ahead whoever we have so play off is realistic isnt it not? If he loses abjectly over next 4 to 5 then yes I agree. But who is out there who is obviously better, available and willing?

Lots of decent managers out there   I cant be ar.ed going through it all again , if Chansiri doesn't sort he will lose the money he thinks hes saving, with lower gates

Please sort Mr Chansiri (Love You and I know you'll do what's best)

Bullen saying 2 mistakes cost us today and yeah they did but nothing about how awful we played on top of these mistakes? Apart from the last 15 we where awful. We didn’t have a shot on target until Fletcher scored. We have so much talent available now, we need someone that can consistently get the best from this squad. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, darra said:

Spot on Hoots. These last couple of games has shown that he hasn't got the nouse to be a manager. Looked on the stats on 71 minutes and we hadn't had a shot on target. Great coach great bloke but not a manager

I mentioned in threads after Barnsley, and again in threads after Luton, we will struggle to score against the better teams

I got shot down each time

Some fool said we were on course to score a record number of goals because we had scored 3 against a poor Reading, and 2 against a poor Barnsley

Trouble is, you don't get to play Reading and Barnsley every couple of weeks

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Like I’ve said before.

People think too highly of our squad. We made some good signings in the summer and addressed some clear deficiencies. But for me it’s still mid table Championship. 

A better manager could probably get more out of them than Bullen, but the out of work candidates are absolutely woeful. 

And whoever comes in needs to be able to add quality in January. Because regardless of who the manager is, the squad ain’t all that.