Time to end the charade

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

He's wholly under qualified, has a history of a couple of wins before imploding, and is an Estate Agent.

Have some pride and ambition man, and expect better.

I have both, I dont sit there accepting rubbish as I am sure you dint either. Media said he asked Houghton to take it and wouldnt and Bruce did a runner. Name your candidate who is ready now to take us up, realistically?

7 minutes ago, Sykes said:

It's alright saying Bullen isn't going to take us anywhere, but who do Owlstalk think is going to do that? Nobody in the pool of out-of-work managers that's for sure. 

Well let’s go out and be the big fish and take one then. We’re Sheffield Wednesday.

8 minutes ago, Sykes said:

It's alright saying Bullen isn't going to take us anywhere, but who do Owlstalk think is going to do that? Nobody in the pool of out-of-work managers that's for sure. 

Thats the fault of DC if he's only looking at the out-of-work market.

The pundits will now increase the pressure by asking the same question i.e. Why haven’t Wednesday sorted out their new manager yet?

It’s a very reasonable question too. If Mr C thinks Bullen is the answer, then he needs to give it him, otherwise get someone else in. Allowing a caretaker to carry on long term is not the answer. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's kind of the Chairmans job to bring in the right person to take us forward.

The last time he did that we ended up with Jos, I'd rather have Bully. 

All complaints and no solutions. 

I give Bullen a few more games, it's early doors and we haven't won at Deepdale in forever and they didn't score a goal from open play. We're far from the 0 - 3 vs Burton but from the way the forum is going off you'd think we just lost to Bolton U17's. 

• Haha 1

Just now, theowlsman said:

The pundits will now increase the pressure by asking the same question i.e. Why haven’t Wednesday sorted out their new manager yet?

It’s a very reasonable question too. If Mr C thinks Bullen is the answer, then he needs to give it him, otherwise get someone else in. Allowing a caretaker to carry on long term is not the answer. 

I’ve been making this point for a few weeks now. After every win it’s “give it him” and every defeat it’s “don’t want him”. Fans, players and even the coaching staff now need to know the plan moving forward.

Bullen has managed 9 games since Luhukay left so surely that’s enough for Chansiri to decide if Bullens the man. 

What cant continue is this constant hysteria after every defeat. We need to know who the manager is and what the plan, all we’ve heard from the club is “Bullen will be in charge for Reading”. Is he on trial? Are we still looking? What’s going on. 

We've heard nothing from the chairman since Bruce walked. So as a result of Bullen being in caretaker in charge for as long as he has been, we're no nearer to knowing if the chairman is actually looking for a new manager or he genuinely sees Bullen as an option to replace Bruce full time.

The problem for me with Bullen is whatever result we might get, there will always be that underlying feeling from the fan base as to whether he's the man for the job or not. Somewhere along the line, maybe not this season but certainly from next summer this squad needs re-shaping. It's a massive job for a manager with experience never mind a man in his first managerial job.

As I've already said I think he'll get the rest of this month in charge and he'll more than likely get a decent result or two but keeping him in charge is just putting off the inevitable IMO and this time I don't think it's set in stone that he'll stay on the coaching staff this time. I think he has genuine aspirations to be a manager and after 6 years of coaching and 3 times being the caretaker boss, if he doesn't get the gig this time, it's more than likely he'll never get it here?

I'm not banging the 'give bullly the job' drum, but I'm interested to know...

If we had someone like Hughton or Rowett in charge now and had the same results would we be calling for their head? I doubt it...

1 minute ago, Sykes said:

The last time he did that we ended up with Jos, I'd rather have Bully. 

All complaints and no solutions. 

I give Bullen a few more games, it's early doors and we haven't won at Deepdale in forever and they didn't score a goal from open play. We're far from the 0 - 3 vs Burton but from the way the forum is going off you'd think we just lost to Bolton U17's. 

Have you seen any of the last 3 games ?

I've been to the 2 away and watched Luton on the box ,the performances have been diabolical bar 10 minute spells 

If we are struggling against the unfancied teams in this league then we are gonna get hammered against the better teams in this league 

This team has more than enough quality to be challenging for top 6 but with bullen at the helm we will be struggling to make top 12 

Open your eyes 

Maybe charade isn't the right word.

I've no doubt that Bullen has an idea how he wants us to play, based on who our opponents are.

But these games are organised chaos.

It's about how a manager reacts to situations which sorts the wheat out from the chaff.

I guess it's the same with TV anchormen and -women.

It's when there are problems that those who've "got it" come to the fore.

I don't know if Bullen's got it, because presently he lacks experience.

He needs to go away and get it.

2 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

I’ve been making this point for a few weeks now. After every win it’s “give it him” and every defeat it’s “don’t want him”. Fans, players and even the coaching staff now need to know the plan moving forward.

Bullen has managed 9 games since Luhukay left so surely that’s enough for Chansiri to decide if Bullens the man. 

What cant continue is this constant hysteria after every defeat. We need to know who the manager is and what the plan, all we’ve heard from the club is “Bullen will be in charge for Reading”. Is he on trial? Are we still looking? What’s going on. 

As a player, you’d want certainty. Uncertainty creates conjecture, rumour, an uneasiness within the camp. 

Players perform better when they’re settled.

13 minutes ago, runningaround said:

I have both, I dont sit there accepting rubbish as I am sure you dint either. Media said he asked Houghton to take it and wouldnt and Bruce did a runner. Name your candidate who is ready now to take us up, realistically?

That's the Chairman's job not mine.

8 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Watch his demeanour change now just like it did last time 

some of it has been creeping in recently, 

nice guy no manager though 

This is spot on and what I was talking about, hes gotten abit negative when he speaks again just like last time.