Subs:

Dawson

Nuhiu

Rhodes

Winnall

Lee

Luongo

Murphy

With Lee, Hutch and Reach in the squad I don’t think we need a defender on the bench

That would by my side for the next league game

Edited by McRightSide

It was a ridiculous decision to play Murphy instead of Reach yesterday. And it’s not hindsight, I said so in the matchday thread yesterday morning.

As expected we were outnumbered and totally outplayed in midfield while having two out and out wingers who didn’t get any ball .

I have no idea how Bullen expected us to win the game but to be fair although we were awful they wouldn’t have scored without the stupid pens

18 hours ago, slinger208b said:

Not warranted if he's pulled from pillar to post.

Might as well try him as goalkeeper...

Lee played 3 positions yesterday before coming off and nothing worked until as usual they start attacking late on, they need to get the ball down and play football

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Westwood

Iorfa

Lees

Boerner

Fox

Reach

Bannan

Hutchinson

Harris

Fletcher

FF

Subs:

Dawson

Nuhiu

Rhodes

Winnall

Lee

Luongo

Murphy

With Lee, Hutch and Reach in the squad I don’t think we need a defender on the bench

That would by my side for the next league game

Going backwards there.

Hutch and Bannan doesn’t work as a midfield two.

FF doesn’t work in a front two.

21 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Well I’ve thought a bit about that and I don’t know. I do know that he certainly wouldn’t have him anywhere near central midfield.

Think we can agree on something then :biggrin:

Guest Kagoshimaowl
19 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pops up with an assist gets us back in the game.

Just saying. Our best player should not be on the bench. 

Best player?  Ha ha

1 hour ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

Lee played 3 positions yesterday before coming off and nothing worked until as usual they start attacking late on, they need to get the ball down and play football

Nothing to do with the decision for him to be dropped being based on performing poorly since the Espanyol match when he doesn't play in a preferred role...

Guest Kagoshimaowl
24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

By quite some distance too. 

Harris, Westwood and Bannan are all better players than poncey Reach and that’s just off the top of my head. Great assist yesterday but he’s been crap in the first 4 games and deserved to be dropped.

24 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Harris, Westwood and Bannan are all better players than poncey Reach and that’s just off the top of my head. Great assist yesterday but he’s been crap in the first 4 games and deserved to be dropped.

lol

Bannan on his day quality but has his flaws, Westwood made 2 errors already this season and Harris won’t judge on 5 games.

I would like to see Reach used at left back with license to bomb on (especially at home) like when he came on yesterday. 

Hutch and Bannan play like centre halfs anyway so there is cover. 

He had a good spell there when he came here. He needs space to run in to. 

4 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

‘Poncey’ Reach. The same ‘Poncey  Reach’ that carried the team for 2 years, when others were off form, injured or whatever.

Ps Where do you get off singling out & slagging any Wednesday player.

Maybe to the less sophisticated ‘fan’, his perpetual contribution goes unnoticed.

Maybe you’d be happy with the likes of a’Cattermole’ type. He’s not ‘Poncey’ and gets ‘stuck in’. He’s fu ***n garbage, but he’s not ‘Poncey’.

Also where do you base your assessment of Westwood from? It is widely accepted he has had a slightly iffy start. Do you base your ‘assessments’ on watching live football, because they seem somewhat wide of the mark on a depressingly regular basis.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

‘Poncey’ Reach. The same ‘Poncey  Reach’ that carried the team for 2 years, when others were off form, injured or whatever.

Ps Where do you get off singling out & slagging any Wednesday player.

Maybe to the less sophisticated ‘fan’, his perpetual contribution goes unnoticed.

Maybe you’d be happy with the likes of a’Cattermole’ type. He’s not ‘Poncey’ and gets ‘stuck in’. He’s fu ***n garbage, but he’s not ‘Poncey’.

Also where do you base your assessment of Westwood from? It is widely accepted he has had a slightly iffy start. Do you base your ‘assessments’ on watching live football, because they seem somewhat wide of the mark on a depressingly regular basis.

Here we go again. A personal attack on poster for simply giving an opinion just because your is different. However let’s look at the facts. In the tackle he is a total wimp! That is a fact. It’s also a fact that he’s had a terrible start to the season although granted he’s being played out of position in the centre.

Stop making a mountain out of a molehill! I like Reach and his assist on Saturday when he came on was excellent. That is the Reach that I want to see. The one who keeps it simple because he’s excellent when he does that. My choice of wording could have been better, my bad! However, it doesn’t change the fact that in no way shape or form is he our ‘best player’ and my 8 year old can tackle better than Reach!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

lol

Bannan on his day quality but has his flaws, Westwood made 2 errors already this season and Harris won’t judge on 5 games.

Ok let’s wait and see over the season. My guess is that if all players stay fit, Reach will often sit on the bench.