Adam Reach

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I don’t actually think there’s anything wrong with our formation, I just think we had success against a couple of poor defensive teams knocking these long diagonal balls, teams have sussed that out and we are now getting the ball stopped before Harris and Murphy get a chance to get the ball. 

Im no tsaying stop it all together but we need to press higher up the field. We missed reach today, because for all this meshing talk when we press high he covers so much ground and makes opposition players make mistakes. 

If our midfield pressed higher we play better, don’t give them time to bring the ball out like we have the last three games, up the tempo, we have a midfield of lee reach and bannan who are all quick enough in mind and skill to play this way and create quick chances and through balls. 

We also need to be able to play through the middle, just don’t have one option of long balls, we probably have the most skilful midfield in the league and we are by

passing them 

Completely agree about the tempo and high pressing and said similar in other threads. 

We just seem to be far too passive at times, especially in away games. 

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I might get stick for this and I love bannan but he slows the game down so much at times, he’s sometimes like a wasp, ducking everywhere but others he sits far too deep and slows things down which is annoying. 

The high tempo higher up the field pressing suits suits him and reach much more. And if lee is sat around reading the game picking up lose balls from the pressing he will create chances. 

I think its more frustrating this season because i feel we have the players, and even the players in depth. 

I agree, from the little cameo appearances we have seen of Luongo it looks like he could be involved in pressing in the opposition half and make the most of possession in that area.

35 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Lol neither can I,  what do you think of bullen makin yet another mistake then by benching him.

I think the mistake is not playing him in his strongest role.

If he isn't going to do that he might as well be on the bench until needed for that role...

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Exactly.

In a squad which includes Lee, Bannan, Hutchinson and Luongo, Reach should be nothing more than a backup central midfielder, but he's a very good winger at this level, and should be rotated with Harris, Murphy and Forestieri over the course of the season.

We're still talking about a player who's been ever-present in an injury-ravaged squad over the past two seasons, notching 12 league goals and 18 assists along the way.

Played in his natural position, he's one of our best players.

Exactly. Clueless in CM, but as a winger he's a very decent option. With 3 wingers for 2 positions, he'll definately get enough game time there over the season.

Silly decision from Bully to play him CM. Luongo would be a much better option.

3 hours ago, 33 said:

Reach doesn't do that either

Not looking for him to be a Hutch but do expect him to challenge for a 50/50. Not jump out the way and allow the opposites to break away.

There’s more than one way to be brave on a football field.

He carried us after Carlos went, whilst other players were hiding in plain sight. I watched them - never showing for the ball, tucking themselves away, just enough effort to get by. He was often the only player on the pitch willing to risk anything.

Its just not his game, but the lad is no coward.

But you carry on, I bet you still think you look good in flares and have a nice curly perm.

Just now, NYCOWL said:

He carried us after Carlos went, whilst other players were hiding in plain sight. I watched them - never showing for the ball, tucking themselves away, just enough effort to get by. He was often the only player on the pitch willing to risk anything.

But you carry on, I bet you still think you look good in flares and have a nice curly perm.

Agree 100%

Today proved exactly why he should never be in the middle, sensational cross for the goal.

49 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Exactly. Clueless in CM, but as a winger he's a very decent option. With 3 wingers for 2 positions, he'll definately get enough game time there over the season.

Silly decision from Bully to play him CM. Luongo would be a much better option.

Honestly can't get my head around him playing Reach there instead of Luongo.

6 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

Bet your Dad wouldn't have put up with it.