1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

On the wing. Left or right.

Did a job in the middle when we had an injury crisis under Jos. That’s it. The lad has played here, there and everywhere and still has been a consistent performer for the team.

Now imagine what he’d be like if we played him week in week out in his best position.

He certainly shouldn't be in a wide position ahead of Harris and when we are playing a 3 Murphy/Forestieri offer a more direct threat.

Maybe he should be given a go instead of Murphy but he hasn't played a wide midfield/wing role for a long time and when he did play that position in his early days at Hillsborough he wasn't always convincing.

So a professional footballer should jump out of most 50/50 balls?

• Disagree 1

Just now, 33 said:

So a professional footballer should jump out of most 50/50 balls?

Im debating with someone on a day where you called Murphy Jordan. 

I will put this down to my new skills of not engaging into pointless debates, I'm a changed man 

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Lee aside. ( he was poor today but generally good) we have one plan so far under Bullen. Knock long diagonal balls to our wingers. 

The way we are playing doesn’t suit bannan or reach, and tbf the last three games we have been found out and teams are playing to that. 

The quality of the players has bailed us out so far but tactically we have it wrong. 

I tend to agree that our tactics have been wrong and we have been heavily reliant on Fletcher and Harris in an attacking sense.

How do you think we should line up and play?

Fairy Snuff

Maybe I will tackle my inadequacies so as not to let the side down in future.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I tend to agree that our tactics have been wrong and we have been heavily reliant on Fletcher and Harris in an attacking sense.

How do you think we should line up and play?

I don’t actually think there’s anything wrong with our formation, I just think we had success against a couple of poor defensive teams knocking these long diagonal balls, teams have sussed that out and we are now getting the ball stopped before Harris and Murphy get a chance to get the ball. 

Im no tsaying stop it all together but we need to press higher up the field. We missed reach today, because for all this neshing talk when we press high he covers so much ground and makes opposition players make mistakes. 

If our midfield pressed higher we play better, don’t give them time to bring the ball out like we have the last three games, up the tempo, we have a midfield of lee reach and bannan who are all quick enough in mind and skill to play this way and create quick chances and through balls. 

We also need to be able to play through the middle, just don’t have one option of long balls, we probably have the most skilful midfield in the league and we are by

passing them 

Edited by 2roland2

3 minutes ago, 33 said:

Fairy Snuff

Maybe I will tackle my inadequacies so as not to let the side down in future.

Cool. 

Posted (edited)

So did bullen make another mistake by benching him? Hes beginning to make them quite frequently if that's the case, it just adds weight to claims hes not.good enough to manage us.

Edited by stocksyuto
  • Agree 1

FWIW I thought Reach had his better contributions when in the mobile deep no 10 role.

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I don’t actually think there’s anything wrong with our formation, I just think we had success against a couple of poor defensive teams knocking these long diagonal balls, teams have sussed that out and we are now getting the ball stopped before Harris and Murphy get a chance to get the ball. 

Im no tsaying stop it all together but we need to press higher up the field. We missed reach today, because for all this meshing talk when we press high he covers so much ground and makes opposition players make mistakes. 

If our midfield pressed higher we play better, don’t give them time to bring the ball out like we have the last three games, up the tempo, we have a midfield of lee reach and bannan who are all quick enough in mind and skill to play this way and create quick chances and through balls. 

We also need to be able to play through the middle, just don’t have one option of long balls, we probably have the most skilful midfield in the league and we are by

passing them 

Completely agree about the tempo and high pressing and said similar in other threads. 

We just seem to be far too passive at times, especially in away games. 

Owlstalk and Wednesday Twitter did not play him out of position or drop him.

The manager is to blame not the fans. 

• Agree 1

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Completely agree about the tempo and high pressing and said similar in other threads. 

We just seem to be far too passive at times, especially in away games. 

I might get stick for this and I love bannan but he slows the game down so much at times, he’s sometimes like a wasp, ducking everywhere but others he sits far too deep and slows things down which is annoying. 

The high tempo higher up the field pressing suits suits him and reach much more. And if lee is sat around reading the game picking up lose balls from the pressing he will create chances. 

I think its more frustrating this season because i feel we have the players, and even the players in depth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dropped and we put in the worst performance of the season. In fact the worst display I’ve seen in a long time.

But Owlstalk and Wednesday Twitter know best...

True, but we did bring on our saviour in FF.

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I might get stick for this and I love bannan but he slows the game down so much at times, he’s sometimes like a wasp, ducking everywhere but others he sits far too deep and slows things down which is annoying. 

The high tempo higher up the field pressing suits suits him and reach much more. And if lee is sat around reading the game picking up lose balls from the pressing he will create chances. 

I think its more frustrating this season because i feel we have the players, and even the players in depth. 

I agree, from the little cameo appearances we have seen of Luongo it looks like he could be involved in pressing in the opposition half and make the most of possession in that area.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

When was the last time he played left back or right back? 

Can't remember and can't be arsed to look...

We looked better when one of our best players was on the pitch.

Shocker.

Posted (edited)

FF or Adthe...?

Edited by 33
Don't bite

14 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Can't remember and can't be arsed to look...

Lol neither can I,  what do you think of bullen makin yet another mistake then by benching him.

35 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Lol neither can I,  what do you think of bullen makin yet another mistake then by benching him.

I think the mistake is not playing him in his strongest role.

If he isn't going to do that he might as well be on the bench until needed for that role...

Adam Reach isn't the problem............

• Agree 1