Adam Reach

18 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Hes only play in midfield hardly pillar to post, yes I agree with people hes better on the wing, but hes been lackluster, sometimes getting dropped is what gives you that motivation back so hopefully it's worked now so swap him in for Murphy next game for me.

By midfield i assume you mean forward, left mid, centre mid, right mid, left back and right back.

Sorry, yes, you are correct. He hasn't played centre back or goalkeeper...

7 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

By midfield i assume you mean forward, left mid, centre mid, right mid, left back and right back.

Sorry, yes, you are correct. He hasn't played centre back or goalkeeper...

When was the last time he played left back or right back? 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dropped and we put in the worst performance of the season. In fact the worst display I’ve seen in a long time.

But Owlstalk and Wednesday Twitter know best...

You can't say he had been playing well in the games leading up to today.

Consistency is key to maintaining progress. We have a squad with many who can perform at top 6 level in this division 'on their day'. Unfortunately most of them have too many off days to maintain that level throughout a season.

Last weekend for example it was Bannan on the bench after we had played well the game before - we were poor first half at Millwall and improved when he came on.

Perhaps if we went into games, especially away, with a more positive mindset then we might get ore out of our midfield in an attacking sense.

37 minutes ago, coe_22 said:

He is. Neshed yet another 50/50 today. No wonder he’s got a good injury record!

Agree

Reach is one of our best players for a variety of reasons and can influence games.

He's not been at his best this season but even when he is he neshes more challenges than any gifted player I've seen in a Wednesday shirt.

Sorry Petals if some of you don't like this opinion.

Edited by 33
Petals

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Yeah but he isn’t a hard tackling midfielder, we don’t give grief to hutch for not dribbling past 6 players and megging 3 defenders because his game is to do the dirty work. 

Reach doesn't do that either

Not looking for him to be a Hutch but do expect him to challenge for a 50/50. Not jump out the way and allow the opposites to break away.

Edited by 33

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You can't say he had been playing well in the games leading up to today.

Consistency is key to maintaining progress. We have a squad with many who can perform at top 6 level in this division 'on their day'. Unfortunately most of them have too many off days to maintain that level throughout a season.

Last weekend for example it was Bannan on the bench after we had played well the game before - we were poor first half at Millwall and improved when he came on.

Perhaps if we went into games, especially away, with a more positive mindset then we might get ore out of our midfield in an attacking sense.

Three of those games he was playing out of position.

Its like banging your head against a brick wall on here half the time 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Three of those games he was playing out of position.

Its like banging your head against a brick wall on here half the time 

So what is his best position then?

He has been playing out of position for ages if that is the case.

1 hour ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Always rated him, just not as a centre mid. It’s criminal that he’s come on and just provided that sublime assist. Should have started, he’s a quality player and we should be making the most of his talent.

I mentioned te the other day, for me he needs pairing with one of the quick lads on the opposite wing. 

We can mix it up then with a different style of player on each side. I like to be tactically flexible and create the opposition different problems going forward 

For me we go reach & Harris. 

Then we can rotate or change things up with Murphy & Nando. 

This way we keep pace on one flank to stretch teams, but we have guile and craft on the other flank from Nando or reach. 

Makes complete sense to me. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

So what is his best position then?

He has been playing out of position for ages if that is the case.

On the wing. Left or right.

Did a job in the middle when we had an injury crisis under Jos. That’s it. The lad has played here, there and everywhere and still has been a consistent performer for the team.

Now imagine what he’d be like if we played him week in week out in his best position.

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Im not saying he does, but he does a lot of work off the ball. Is pretty much spot on positionally and  Creates plenty of chances and can score goals. 

My point was you cant judge a player for not jumping into tackles when it isn’t his game. 

Reach gets far too much stick from our fans. 

I said he was one of our more important players.

Not asking for him to jump in to tackles but sure as hell don't want him to jump out of most of them.

Edited by 33

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

On the wing. Left or right.

Did a job in the middle when we had an injury crisis under Jos. That’s it. The lad has played here, there and everywhere and still has been a consistent performer for the team.

Now imagine what he’d be like if we played him week in week out in his best position.

He certainly shouldn't be in a wide position ahead of Harris and when we are playing a 3 Murphy/Forestieri offer a more direct threat.

Maybe he should be given a go instead of Murphy but he hasn't played a wide midfield/wing role for a long time and when he did play that position in his early days at Hillsborough he wasn't always convincing.

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Lee aside. ( he was poor today but generally good) we have one plan so far under Bullen. Knock long diagonal balls to our wingers. 

The way we are playing doesn’t suit bannan or reach, and tbf the last three games we have been found out and teams are playing to that. 

The quality of the players has bailed us out so far but tactically we have it wrong. 

I tend to agree that our tactics have been wrong and we have been heavily reliant on Fletcher and Harris in an attacking sense.

How do you think we should line up and play?