Preston - V - Wednesday OMDT

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Rubbish.

Nobody can set up a team for a full back to make two farcical naive tackles like that.

If you or anyone else look elsewhere for blame you are plain and simply wrong. 

Is he a full back? or played out of position, if so who's fault is that?

Disappointing, can't legislate for individual errors, but sounds like we were poor and didnt deserve much from that game. 

A good start, now becoming an average start as our performances deteriorate. Luton in midweek and today reminiscent of Carlos days, poo in the first half then decide to have a go for 20 minutes in the second half. 

With a settled team, our performances should be much more cohesive and concerns me how we surrender possession of the ball to the opposition. 

Rubbish.

Nobody can set up a team for a full back to make two farcical naive tackles like that.

You've clearly never played at any sort of half decent level or coached if you think that. A player doesn’t just happen to make daft mistakes like that without it being replicated in training, you can often spot areas that need to be worked on in training, unless he trains like a Premier League player and plays match days like a Pontins League player.

Bullshit performance; not a promotion winning team when you consistently turn out poo displays like we've seen first half last 3 matches... fair enough Odebajo had a bad day at work, but he should have been subbed at 45... not allowed to go on and make an identical mistake... THAT is just poor by him, poor by Bullen. As someone else said, when we get goals against us, Bullen doesn't seem to know what to do and it takes too long to come up with a reaction. And you don't always have that much time, which is why I'd be looking for a more experienced manager to come in now. He really needs to command the changing room now and discipline the players over these poor performances. This can't be allowed to go on.

2 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

We weren't unlucky John Pearson.

We had a decent last 15 minutes which are capable of for an entire game but wasted 75 minutes.

Not for the first time.

Or

We were under no pressure as an away team for 75 minutes but a clown performance from one defender gifted two goals.

We could have got into that game from nil-nil, even one-nil.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Rubbish.

He picked the side ffs

I have been saying from the first game Odjob is not a full back 

I would have thought Bullen would have noticed as well 

Just now, N0rtherner said:

Bullshit performance; not a promotion winning team when you consistently turn out poo displays like we've seen first half last 3 matches... fair enough Odebajo had a bad day at work, but he should have been subbed at 45... not allowed to go on and make an identical mistake... THAT is just poor by him, poor by Bullen. As someone else said, when we get goals against us, Bullen doesn't seem to know what to do and it takes too long to come up with a reaction. And you don't always have that much time, which is why I'd be looking for a more experienced manager to come in now. He really needs to command the changing room now and discipline the players over these poor performances. This can't be allowed to go on.

Yep when things are going against us Bullen shows how much out of his depth he is. Time to stop messing about DC and get in a permanent manager. 

Or

We were under no pressure as an away team for 75 minutes but a clown performance from one defender gifted two goals.

We could have got into that game from nil-nil, even one-nil.

Seriously, up until we scored we had one shot on goal in 75 or so minutes. I sense you’re reluctant to admit Bullen has not got the nouse to step up to the job. 

2 minutes ago, Matthew Thomas said:

You've clearly never played at any sort of half decent level or coached if you think that. A player doesn’t just happen to make daft mistakes like that without it being replicated in training, you can often spot areas that need to be worked on in training, unless he trains like a Premier League player and plays match days like a Pontins League player.

Played a half decent level and now I coach.

No doubt Odubajo shows lunatic tendencies on the training ground hey?

I have NEVER singled out a player for a defeat on here, but my God this is the one. Blame Bullen, blame the line-up, blame whatever you want, but nothing can prepare a coach or team for a player doing THAT. 

13 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

Sheffield United lost 2-1,   welcome to the premiership United 

Not at all relevant, they are in the league above us and we have lost.

We gave it large when they were in the 'pub league' now the tables are well and truly turned. 

We accuse them of being obsessed,  they are in the top league in Europe, we aren't and we will be of absolutely no consequence or thought to them as it should be.

Edited by One De Bilde
Error
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew Thomas said:

Seriously, up until we scored we had one shot on goal in 75 or so minutes. I sense you’re reluctant to admit Bullen has not got the nouse to step up to the job. 

Theyd had two shots including the penalty. We’d had two shots. We were away. Not for one minute am I saying we were Barca, but we were totally in an away game without those stinkers of tackles.

FT 2-1

What can I say.  2 stupid mistakes from the same player has cost us today.  

To judge Bullen on two mistakes is a bit harsh.  We weren't good in the first half, but we certainly did improve in the second half and got better with each substitution.  

I think Bullen  needs two wins next week.  See what happens.  

A big week ahead.  

Take it easy all.  

UTO!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

Played a half decent level and now I coach.

No doubt Odubajo shows lunatic tendencies on the training ground hey?

I have NEVER singled out a player for a defeat on here, but my God this is the one. Blame Bullen, blame the line-up, blame whatever you want, but nothing can prepare a coach or team for a player doing THAT. 

If you genuinely coach, then take this advice from me, the coach is responsible for picking the team, who plays where, individual instructions, team tactics, deploying the captain, devising set pieces, working on such things as pressing strategy in training, identifying player weaknesses and strengths and working on those, reacting to players making mistakes on the pitch and having contingency plans for when changes are needed. But yes, let’s just all boo the player, it’s all his fault. Except for all the stuff the coaching team and Bully should have been doing that directly affects performances. 

• Haha 1

I guess it depends what we want.

Clearly we won't be in the promotion mix based on this performance here.

Surely even the most ardent Bullenistas wouldn't dispute that.

We're below par currently, and we'd need a manager who can glean above-par results to have a chance of promotion.

In other words, Bruce.

It's that fat, bent-nosed, treacherous b*stard who's brought this situation about.

I hope he gets sacked and his nose drops off.

In fact, I hope he gets impetigo on his arris.