Wednesday 1 Gillingham 0 1980

I’ve been recalling some games in the 1979/80 season, my first one of going regularly. What are people’s recollection of this game? From memory we got a

penalty near the end and Smith scored. It was a few days after the Easter game at the Lane. Anybody have any more memories of this match??

27 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

It was just after Easter towards the end of the game  Smith scored a penalty.  Think it was in your first season going to the games regularly. just after we played united away.

28 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

It was just after Easter towards the end of the game  Smith scored a penalty.  Think it was in your first season going to the games regularly. just after we played united away.

That’s uncanny how you knew that.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

You're joking aren't you? I can't remember what I had for me tea.

I often wonder how people remember games like they do, I only remember the stand out ones so I'm not using that many megabytes, truth be known, it could be microbytes I'm using.

Certain games just stand out for no reason. One such game was the season after in a 2-2 draw with Orient, it was apparently Mirocevic’s debut and he scored. I remember nothing about the game, but I do remember at half time seeing that someone had took a sh*t in the urinal. I was sat in the South stand. I wonder if anybody on here was the mystery sh1tter???

• Haha 6

Guest Theboylangers
46 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Certain games just stand out for no reason. One such game was the season after in a 2-2 draw with Orient, it was apparently Mirocevic’s debut and he scored. I remember nothing about the game, but I do remember at half time seeing that someone had took a sh*t in the urinal. I was sat in the South stand. I wonder if anybody on here was the mystery sh1tter???

I would have been at the Gillingham game but plead not guilty to dumping in the urinals.

:duntmatter:

51 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Have you got any more fascinating anecdotes from days of yore?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I was at the game in the South Stand but it wasn't me.

I shat in the sink.

• Haha 3

1. All I can remember is it was one of those games where we had to grind out the result, complete anti-climax following the derby game at the Lane. Also over that same period (it was the Easter fixtures) we lost 1-0 away at Bury in a game we were all expecting to win.

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

Not guilty, now a sink that's a different matter!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Fast Forward said:

Have you got any more fascinating anecdotes from days of yore?

Yes, but I can’t possibly put them on here. All I’ve ever wanted to know in life is 

1) Why did Mark Chapman kill John Lennon?

2) Did Sid kill Nancy?

3) Who shat in the urinal v Orient in 1980?

Edited by sexpistol
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Yes, but I can’t possibly put them on here. All I’ve ever wanted to know in life is 

1) Why did Mark Chapman kill John Lennon?

2) Did Sid kill Nancy?

3) Who shat in the urinal v Orient in 1980?

Sid didn't kill Nancy Heroin killed them both. 

DON'T DO DRUGS  !.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Sid didn't kill Nancy Heroin killed them both. 

DON'T DO DRUGS  !.

I agree about not doing drugs, but didnSid stick the knife in her? Or, as has been alleged, a drug dealer whilst Sid was  out of it.

Who knows ? Due to Sid and Nancy being  dead by the time we played Orient in 1980  that rules either of them out of doing a poo in the urinal.

• Haha 2

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Went to the game, went to all the games then home and away.

Can't remember it.

Can only just remember the derby games, Cardiff away and the last home game. Even then I can't remember who we played in that game, was it Palace?

We played Colchester in last game of season at Hillsborough, drew 0.0,about 30.000 was the attendance as we confirmed promotion to the old division 2.Best away games that season were at the lane where we took the ground over and Blackburn who also got promotion, it was a night game, sell out 9,000 in the away end, we played great that night, was trailing 1.0 at half time but scored twice in the second half as Wednesday attacked the away end. We went mental, what an atmosphere. Johnson and King scored I think, that put us in the driving seat to pip Chesterfield to third place, Grimsby and Blackburn finished first and second.