Palmer or Fox

Ok friends, just a quick call to arms !!

Should Palmer not be fit for tomorrow and Bully goes for Fox... PLEASE, give him a right royal welcome and an extra cheer when his name is read out. If we do that then I’m convinced that we will have an effective full back on our hands.

Go on, try it, you’ll notice the difference !

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fox will play an important part this season, at times. Accept his limitations. Recognize he's dangerous from set pieces, good at crossing and if there's a challenge which needs to be made he'll go rattling in without hesitation.

He's never taken the p1ss out of the club, so we shouldn't be taking it out of him. 

Edited by Ozymandias Owl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, outlaw pete said:

Neither for me,both are poor players. Neither would get into big Ron’s promotion team nor Wilkos team. We need better.

Yes, Nigel Worthington was better, but even he used to get stick in his day. 

This season we only have Fox or Palmer to choose from and strikers who are going to sit on the bench or not even make the 18 who are getting paid more than them. That's been the Wednesday way. Recent signings suggest that's changing. 

Palmer does look like a different player though since Bruce started him at LB. He will play a big part this season hopefully. 

Don’t get the slating of Palmer, he’s a very sound defender at this level. 

Fox too isn’t as bad as people make out. Yes he’s not especially comfortable on the ball but he’s a decent defender and provides perfectly adequate cover IMO.

Palmer the first choice for me though, should come back in so long as he’s 100% fit.

• Like 1

Phil King used to get slaughtered too but 25 years later he is a cult hero. I can understand a few collective groans when a player messes up but booing one of our own before a match just isn't going to help anybody. Fox is OK. Not the best, but let's get behind what we've got.1149295287_happyclapper.jpg.25b5f34bc57953f96e54eedff28cb990.jpg

I'm happy with Palmer at left back, he's turned into a good player at this level, not great but certainly good. If Fox plays like he did the other night is more than adequate.

People who give them stick need to re-evaluate the situation, Palmer is a much better player than he was and Fox looks like he's stepped up a level or two.

Not into sticking the boot into our players but Fox is a waste of a shirt.  Offers absolutely nothing.  Refuses to pass forward and if you notice, our players only pass to him as a last resort.  People say he's a good defender; he gets skinned repeatedly, caught out of position and struggles to even force players out wide/onto the wrong foot.

Again, not a fan of slating our players but I wouldn't have him anywhere near the team, not if we're serious about challenging.