I know it’s still early days but I just feel that tomorrow is the type of game we should be winning if we have real aspirations of being in an around the top 6 this season . With it being us though I just know it won’t happen . 

ALL games are the type of games we should be winning if we have real aspirations.

Football doesn't work like that though.

Two teams are playing to win and PNE are on the back of a decent win.

Enjoy the ride!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

A draw would be a decent result 

10 points from 5 games means 2 points per game which is promotion form.

i don’t think it’s dropping points at Preston that will cost us a promotion campaign 

• Agree 6

Would be very pleased with a point tomorrow, tough place to go, losing it wont make or break out season we're still in August.

• Agree 3

Half of last season's top six failed to win away at Deepdale last season.

It's not an easy away day, and certainly not catastrophic if we don't win there, despite what you 'just feel'.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away.

Tomorrow’s a day away.

Today, is gonna be the day when they throw it all back to you.

One day at a time sweet Jesus.

• Like 1

Preston at their place, is one of the tougher games of the season Get anything there, and it’s a good result

• Agree 2

I'll be happy with a point, I'll be estatic with a win, probably do a jig all the way along Blackpool prom tomorrow night if we win. :image:

No team has the right to go to Preston and assume they 'should win' - a very tough place to go.

• Agree 3

I'll be shocked if we win. We never seem to and it's always a tricky match. A draw would be decent enough for me. 

Looking forward to a convincing win tomorrow and some cheeky retro ' on our way'.:image:UTO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dn15owl said:

I know it’s still early days but I just feel that tomorrow is the type of game we should be winning if we have real aspirations of being in an around the top 6 this season . With it being us though I just know it won’t happen . 

I say this every week

• Agree 1

Was in two minds about Bullen getting the job permanently but, being Scottish, I think Id rather we just get Jos back so I don't have to see another "Jimmy hat" on this forum :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Win tomorrow and I will start to believe that we are the real deal and in for a good season. Would be happy with a draw.

• Agree 1

Always tough at Preston, but we'll take a good support as ever and if we play our pressing game, hopefully we could turn em over this time, fingers crossed!

They have one less recovery day.

Will this make any difference?

Probably not but one can hope. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away.

Tomorrow’s a day away.

Today, is gonna be the day when they throw it all back to you.

One day at a time sweet Jesus.

It's all well and good saying that but answer me this, is yesterday tomorrow today.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Surely everyone (should) be thinking that, I think we need to get rid of this mentality of "I'd take a draw" or its going to be tough to come away with anything there.

The blunts didn't have that mentality, the manager, players and fanbase should go out with the idea we are going to win every match.

Edited by Spookone
  • Like 1

When was the last time Preston North End saw a Wednesday like this one?  This ain't the tip-tap in their own half Wednesday.  PNE just may be in for a surprise.  Wednesday no longer plays for Draws, Wednesday plays to Win, might Draw in the process, but certainly not playing for a damned Draw.  Either way, Win or Lose, PNE will know they've been in a fight.  

• Agree 1