Another night of safety. Thanks SAG!

This seems like some sort of vendetta by SCC, my understanding is:

• There were issues after the game v SUFC at the Leppings Lane end
  • SAG or SYP then had an independent crowd control expert who monitored crowd movement after the Villa game, he deduced that the Leppings Lane concourse was not big enough to accommodate the numbers heading to it
  • SAG/SYP/SCC issue a prohibition notice on this evidence giving the club very little wriggle room
  • The club suspend ticket sales on the North leaving it for ST holders only and heading everyone exiting onto Leppings Lane causing delays and people filtering out onto a busy carriageway
  • SCC then say this is not good enough and threaten further sanctions

Does anyone know if this is basically the situation?

If it is:

• Who made the ludicrous decision to hold the derby match on a Monday night and why
  • Who organised the segregation of rival fans at the away end
  • How many other incidents have occurred/arrests been made at other matches where this access has been in use (there must hundreds of games been played)
  • Add in the fact that SCC are also throwing parking tickets out like confetti during games and this all seems like a targeted approach
  • The club have always acted on any previous safety measures recommended by SAG
  • Who are the member of SAG and what is their football allegiance

Last but not least John Motherareshole is a wee wee tail.

41 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Have you sent that anywhere?

Seems like you should be representing the club here!

This 'problem' goes way back including restrictions of the NW corner; restrictions on the upper and lower LL and closing the NW wing and other 'measures' that have been implemented.

The reaction of SAG and SYP to this latest round of measures also IMO questions the credibility of those earlier decisions.

No problem with the Wycombe or Arsenal or other near capacity games with low-medium away contingent - common denominators here - dispersal policing/arrangments and disregarded antisocial behaviour at the United game & dispersal policing/arrangments at the Villa game.

It is equally important to say that Sky also have a responsibility here and derbies should be lunch time kick offs - not evening or 3pm games - the whole city suffers problems from behaviour, not just the Leppings Lane end.

IMO, this is an operational problem within a 1/2 mile radius of the ground, not a stadium problem that justifies widescale closure and SAG are exacerbating fundamental matchday organisational problems and conveniently passing off their own shortcomings as a stadium issue.

See through this on a round table basis and using relevant and current reference points, accurate informative studies and first hand experience by Police Commanders, end users and safety organisers and I am sure it can be resolved.

Acting on ill informed snapshots in time and not assessing ALL contributory factors or solutions is dangerous and verging on incompetent IMO.  There is at least 30 years recorded operational experience and no doubt CCTV evidence / footage of all exits on this ground post Hillsborough and many of us have been walking that LL exit for more than 50 years - you have to ask why is the % increase in 'issues and associated problems' spiking since SAG imposed their measures?  I would be surprised if the club were not happy to trial solutions but someone needs to look back at past evidence but also monitor and record them and learn from them and then take the necessary steps - not make it up as they go along and find the same problem 'pops' up elsewhere as a result of their own misguided actions.

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Have you sent that anywhere?

Seems like you should be representing the club here!

No - just fuming that our ground is in the hands of an unaccountable and secretive group who have the ability to shut down the stadium or restrict the use of it so severely and that appear to not be capable of recognising what they are doing, not equipped to manage, let alone consider the consequences of their actions or even ask the right questions to the right people sufficiently to formulate a reasonable, understandable and acceptable response.

It a management tailspin and someone needs to pull the stick back and accept responsibility.

Love to see the minutes of their meetings and try to understand how we are where we are....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

No - just fuming that our ground is in the hands of an unaccountable and secretive group who have the ability to shut down the stadium or restrict the use of it so severely and that appear to not be capable of recognising what they are doing, not equipped to manage, let alone consider the consequences of their actions or even ask the right questions to the right people sufficiently to formulate a reasonable, understandable and acceptable response.

It a management tailspin and someone needs to pull the stick back and accept responsibility.

Love to see the minutes of their meetings and try to understand how we are where we are....

It’s a public service isn’t it? Ask to see the minutes?

i think you should be the fans spokesman 

Get my vote anyhow!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

The one good thing with the Prohibition Notice in force is the reduced number of police on duty on match days at Hillsborough. This, in turn, should see release officers for wider policing and will no doubt lead to a marked reduction in car crime along Herries Road and it’s feeder streets.  Every cloud and all ... 

See it now mate.

”Innocent youth sustains severe lacerations on wrist whilst robbing cars on Herries Red during Sheffield Wednesday game.

Mr Well minted Mothersole of Sheffield council speaks out.

”This is another example of Sheffield Wednesday refusing to conform to our recommendations and yet again demonstrates the hugely unsafe nature of Hillsborough. We made it clear in our report that it was Sheffield Wednesdays responsibility to ensure no cars were parked in this area and made it clear there would be severe repercussions if it happens again”.

Quizzed on his sartorial choices, he responded he always wears a red & white tie because it compliments his completion.

• Haha 2

If this had been mentioned before then apologies. Having been to both Barnsley and Luton games and exiting quite late from the South stand, Barnsley on to Penistone Road and Luton on to Parkside Road it became apparent that the greatest potential danger is on Penistone Road. If that potential danger remains then I fear the worst at some time in the future. When tragedies at football grounds occur there is a scramble for those responsible to switch the blame on to the victims - the fans. I sense that what is going on now is an attempt to prepare for switching the blame in case anything goes wrong.  I don’t get the feeling from any of the organisations involved that their number one priority is safety of supporters. It is time to stop the blame game and find a logical sensible solution to this. Lots of logical, sensible, solutions have been posted on this thread by the people who matter most. The fans. Time for those at the top to listen to us. But will they?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

It's due to evacuation time in case of an emergency. 

You can evacuate a lot more people with twice as many exits.

To me the obvious answer would be to fill the Stand as previously and usually slowly exit at Penistone Road, if in the very unlikely event of an evacuation being necessary open the "emergency" exits at Leppings Lane end and even onto the pitch if safe to do so.

Suppose they would be worried about a crush at Penistone Road end or in the concourse with more people exiting at the same end.

It's been stated that in the event of an emergency fans will exit from both ends of the north stand as was the case before. If the capacity has been reduced because we now exit from 1 end only then I'm really starting to get a bad feeling about all this. 

This SAG are laughable.

They and SYP must be the only organisations in the country that are incapable of dealing with a crowd.

I think it is them that needs a look at themselves not SWFC.

I find it hard, under any circumstance, to find one good reason as to why pushing 10,000 or more fans onto an extremely busy main road is more safer than allowing entry/access via the LL. 

I can only take the impression that they seem to be waiting for accidents to happen to allow them to justify this shoddy, ill-thought report they have approved.

Surely, holding the away fans for 10 minutes to allow the surrounding areas to disperse is more safer than the current poo show they have created? (not that it was a problem before). 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Portugal Owl said:

If this had been mentioned before then apologies. Having been to both Barnsley and Luton games and exiting quite late from the South stand, Barnsley on to Penistone Road and Luton on to Parkside Road it became apparent that the greatest potential danger is on Penistone Road. If that potential danger remains then I fear the worst at some time in the future. When tragedies at football grounds occur there is a scramble for those responsible to switch the blame on to the victims - the fans. I sense that what is going on now is an attempt to prepare for switching the blame in case anything goes wrong.  I don’t get the feeling from any of the organisations involved that their number one priority is safety of supporters. It is time to stop the blame game and find a logical sensible solution to this. Lots of logical, sensible, solutions have been posted on this thread by the people who matter most. The fans. Time for those at the top to listen to us. But will they?

A simple solution is that the police do the job they are paid for and stop moaning. 

28 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

This SAG are laughable.

They and SYP must be the only organisations in the country that are incapable of dealing with a crowd.

I think it is them that needs a look at themselves not SWFC.

I find it hard, under any circumstance, to find one good reason as to why pushing 10,000 or more fans onto an extremely busy main road is more safer than allowing entry/access via the LL. 

I can only take the impression that they seem to be waiting for accidents to happen to allow them to justify this shoddy, ill-thought report they have approved.

Surely, holding the away fans for 10 minutes to allow the surrounding areas to disperse is more safer than the current poo show they have created? (not that it was a problem before). 

The problem here is we are dealing with an incompitent police force and an equally incompitent council.

If it inevitably results in a bit of a showdown or attempt to close the ground, I'm sure plenty of us would make ourselves heard in person.

Would it be pointless creating a fan petition to contest, stating that all safety concerns have nothing to do with how our club handles events?

19 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

https://www.southyorks.police.uk/media/4337/crowd-risk-analysis-hillsborough-stadium-south-yorks-police.pdf

The report indicates in figure 17 and comments on page 16 that the following number of away fans as highlighted below entering the egress are fine when our home turnstiles at that end are in use:

As can be seen the total area available is approximately 765m2 resulting in crowd figures at the various densities as follows. 1 person per metre2 765 persons 2 persons per metre2 1530 persons 3 persons per metre2 2295 persons 4 persons per metres2 3060 person 

The report states this becomes a risk with 2,295 away fans and is a potential dangerous issue above 3,060 away fans.

Having been at the match yesterday I know Luton did not have in excess of what this report deems safe numbers for the egress to operate with the Leppings Lane home turnstiles in use.

However, SYP and SAG have used this report to inflict a blanket ban on the use of this area by home fans, thus causing more problems than was previously the case.

Spot on. If they must do something like this, at least look at the away ticket sales first.

Guest The Claw

what was really funny was because most of the fans could not exit from the south stand to leppings lane they all converged on the bridge so usually twice as many on it. wonder what weight capacity it has considering it will not allow cars on it..................................SAG though, did the uni dude risk assess this. if anything happens it sit with the little idiot who has not taken external consideration into account as well as internal ones......fool!

44 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The problem here is we are dealing with an incompitent police force and an equally incompitent council.

Unfortunately, we are stuck with SYP.

Not so the council & it’s lackies.

We supposedly live in a democracy and there are measures that can be taken to give the council a stark reminder who is supposed to serve who!

Come local Election Day, vote the b!!!!!!rds out. 

Same goes for Police Commissioner.

Decide what is most important to you & vote accordingly,

We do it all the time for player of the month etc where we sort of ‘rig’ the vote with our numbers 

Do the same in the real thing.

Sick of the jumped up twa**s!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/08/2019 at 15:14, Peacenocchio said:

.......or the potential of a meteor strike.

That's week one of SAG school, right after Death, Famine, Pestilence and US Invasion. By the end of the year, they are more concerned about keeping the earth warm so our iron core doesn't solidify, causing our magnetic field to stop functioning.

I'm surprised they ever leave their homes.

On 21/08/2019 at 15:38, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Is it quicker to get to Hillsborough Corner after game when exiting at Penistone Road? 

Depends which end of the North Stand you're on. If you're toward the away end, you've to wait for the 8,000 fans in front of you to get out first. Doesn't make a great difference heading towards town TBH.

It's a pain in the *** though if you're heading towards Manchester and you're on that side of the North Stand!