Another night of safety. Thanks SAG!

5 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Duckenfield has no involvement with SYP now. Neither SYP nor the Federation are paying for his defence. ( or his spell check). 

I might be wrong, but aren't you a police officer.  Apologies if I've got that wrong.  If you are, what do you think has caused the current situation?  I'm genuinely interested to get the a view from the 'other side'.

The silence from SWFC on this hopefully means they've escalated the matter to their lawyers. 

Even the most bias fan against SWFC would see this is total persecution, based solely on the SYP slating of their handling of 89 and their inability to manage a local derby at Hillsborough when the return fixture at the stain had home and away fans openly fighting and throwing bottles at each other on Bramhall Lane with no mention of 'sanctions'.

We need to stand up and fight this because it's only going to get worst.

6 minutes ago, Animis said:

The silence from SWFC on this hopefully means they've escalated the matter to their lawyers. 

Even the most bias fan against SWFC would see this is total persecution, based solely on the SYP slating of their handling of 89 and their inability to manage a local derby at Hillsborough when the return fixture at the stain had home and away fans openly fighting and throwing bottles at each other on Bramhall Lane with no mention of 'sanctions'.

We need to stand up and fight this because it's only going to get worst.

This is what irks me. More trouble at the Lane last year than at Hillsborough. 

"Here is a large cricket  bat. I want you to take it and smash that Victoria sponge up with it"

"Really?"

"Yes"

SMASH! SMASH! SMASH!

"What have you done to that cake?! You've ruined it!"

"Eh?! You told me too!"

"No, no, we're very dissapointed you've done this. No more cake for you"

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

I might be wrong, but aren't you a police officer.  Apologies if I've got that wrong.  If you are, what do you think has caused the current situation?  I'm genuinely interested to get the a view from the 'other side'.

My view.I think that it's unforeseen consequences. As I've said before SYP said they want to police the matches differently. Not as many officers on duty. Friendlier approach. I think a report has been done to try to assist that and the report has raised issues that were unforeseen. I sometimes take my elderly neighbour. He sticks at the side of me like glue as if I could help him if the wheel came off. He doesn't "get" the crowd. However he loves it when he goes with us. My kids used to worry. Not any more. On the outside looking in its a bizarre set up. Like all grounds. BUT NOT DANGEROUS. Football fans get it. University lecturers possibly don't? (some).  I think at the moment people/ organisations have jumped on the band wagon because they are scared. I have no inside information or more knowledge that anyone else. Just my thoughts. The people in charge of SYP now were no where near the events of Hillsborough so have no agenda.

And no need to apologise. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

Good to see the local MPs are on the case..,,

Not

Penistone Rd being one lane north bound before and after match has happened for years but coppers filming fans as they left the ground \ crossed the road is a new one and so obviously agenda driven. Where are they when cars are getting broken into?

The police also have nothing to do with the stadium and how it is run. They only are needed for public areas and if the club requests them on premise.

Every ground in South Yorkshire has the same issues as Hillsborough so fairs fair, apply the same to them. It is H&S after all

The concourse bit they are on about on LL is allegedly the bit in front of the turnstiles and exit areas and not inside the ground. I’d like to know why the authorities constantly think football fans cannot live amongst each other. There’s more trouble in bars than football grounds, are they going to insist on curfews?

When the CEO of the Council gets involved publicly, and issues that type of statement, I think it's safe to say it's gone beyond the in-tray of their ex-gardener Steve Lonnia.

I sense some frustration in his tone, and indeed threat. This is going to get interesting, as our official attendance is 34.5K at present and even less if SAG don't agree to open up netted off seats and restricted views.

Whilst we are pulling mid 20K, the club can probably take the restrictions. However, if we continue to hover around the top, we'll start to push 30k and at that point the commercial impact will start to be felt. Therefore, we need to sort this out, hopefully with some sensible diplomacy, but have the lawyers on stand by if the other side refuse to be reasonable.

• Like 1

I think people would take SYP more seriously and see them as being fair if a prohibition notice was served on Sheffield United too, who experience the EXACT same issues that the SYP/SAG are discriminating against us for. Obvious agenda going on here, I've said before, they hate Hillsborough, it reminds them of their incompetence. 

SYP are a joke imo 

50 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Duckenfield has no involvement with SYP now. Neither SYP nor the Federation are paying for his defence. ( or his spell check). 

Not for the want of trying though ... 

South Yorkshire's Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) has refused to pay the legal costs of David Duckenfield who faces charges over the Hillsborough disaster.

The National Secretary of the Police Superintendents' Association of England and Wales wrote to Dr Billings on 17 November asking him to reconsider his decision over the funding, the PCC said.

"We are a staff association and it is our responsibility to look after the interests of the members we represent," said Ch Supt Dan Murphy, National Secretary. 

"Every person, regardless of the charges they face, is entitled to a fair trial and a proper legal defence. We believe the decision by the PCC not to fund these legal costs sends a message to every police officer that they may not be supported".

Dr Billings said he considered the issues raised by the association but would not change his decision.

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes
  • Thanks 1

'Unforeseen'...

Such a great word.

Especially when used by those in authority, the decision makers and 'experts' or expert witnesses when under cross examination...

I hope 'Reasonable' and 'Credibility' will be mentioned at some stage in due process and not forgetting 'Disclosure'.

4 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Not for the want of trying though ... 

South Yorkshire's Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) has refused to pay the legal costs of David Duckenfield who faces charges over the Hillsborough disaster.

The National Secretary of the Police Superintendents' Association of England and Wales wrote to Dr Billings on 17 November asking him to reconsider his decision over the funding, the PCC said.

"We are a staff association and it is our responsibility to look after the interests of the members we represent," said Ch Supt Dan Murphy, National Secretary. 

"Every person, regardless of the charges they face, is entitled to a fair trial and a proper legal defence. We believe the decision by the PCC not to fund these legal costs sends a message to every police officer that they may not be supported".

Dr Billings said he considered the issues raised by the association but would not change his decision.

Not withstanding the above, I note and appreciate your response to Sham67. 

All Unions/Federations have a duty to fight for the best for their members. ( getting like the politics thread this :rolleyes:). 

35 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is what irks me. More trouble at the Lane last year than at Hillsborough. 

Maybe if Mothersole took his few hundred thousand a year tongue out of their ass, he may have known what you refer to, including Innocent Norwich fans brutally attacked & hospitalised, ambushes with bottles & flares when we played them. What they jokingly class as segregation on the away end which means the 'home' fans leaving are able (& willing) to pepper the unfortunates below them with anything they can lay their hands on including coins etc etc & this INSIDE the ground. Guy next to me got one on the forehead splitting it immediately. Absolutely mental. 

Prohibition order for said offences??? Crowd restrictions???  More segregation to protect the away fans??? 

Nah, not a chance, that's only OUR reward for the police themselves messing up.

THEIR reward for continuous offences. 

Before greeting the crowd SUFC players, staff and their families will enjoy a reception inside the Town Hall, by way of congratulations from the city of Sheffield.

John Mothersole, Chief Executive at Sheffield City Council said: “Many congratulations to Sheffield United, who have gone from strength to strength since joining the championship two years ago, and should be very proud of what they’ve achieved.

“In the last 12 months we’ve worked closely with Sheffield United on two successful bids for major international sporting competitions in 2021 – the UEFA Women’s Football Championships and the Rugby League World Cup – which will put the city and the club in the world’s spotlight. It’s fitting that the Blades will now make a move into what many believe is the world’s leading football league and we wish them every success as they take on this next challenge.”

Judge for yourself the comparable treatment of us & them and still maintain there's no agenda at play.

Edited by bigthinrob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

A more friendlier way of policing by SYP?

An ground safety report commissioned behind the Club's back,

The closing off of 50% access and egress in the name of safety.

The netting off of seats because existing vometaries that have existed since 1962 are inadequate.

The blind eye turned to the troubles at the Bramhall Lane stand, Norwich, Bristol City and us twice. Without any recourse to the Blades. A stand which has no holding area, yet ours is classed as inadequate.

Friendly? Reeks of an agenda to me.

• Thanks 1