Lunchtime Filth

He can head the ball further than I can kick it. 

Really impressed by the timing of his interceptions, which then put us straight into the counter-attack.

Looks a great acquisition. Two goals against in 4 games bodes well, and let’s be honest one of them was a goalie brain-fart.

Preston are banging in goals. Saturday will show where Borner-Lees are at.

Watched all the pre season games & thought he looked unbelievable.

I thought maybe too good to be true & did he just look good playing ‘lesser’ teams. 

No chance, my initial optimism more than born out. 

I may have gone over the top & they are different players, but my initial thoughts were ‘Roland Nilsson’. 

Fantastic player.

Big congrats to whoever is responsible.

23 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Reminds me a bit of Terry, wins the headers, doesn't try daft stuff but 90% of the time finds a man. He's not just heading it away, he's heading it to one of our players, or in positions we can challenge for it. 

Ws going to write something similar. Intelligence is there. So often over the years we’ve had defenders head it to stupid areas or straight back to the opposition. He seems to find a man or make sure he puts a damn good distance on a header.

23 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Ws going to write something similar. Intelligence is there. So often over the years we’ve had defenders head it to stupid areas or straight back to the opposition. He seems to find a man or make sure he puts a damn good distance on a header.

When the back four was doing heading practice before the game.  He headed one to the floor.  Bullen gave him a rollocking and made him practice heading it up and away.