1 hour ago, OWL1969 said:

Why would anybody other than somebody born & in Huddersfield leave Rangers for Huddersfield? 

Huge club to traditionally championship/League 1 club who have just had their time in the sun and are going back to their natural level.

Doubt many who leave Rangers for us either tbh.

Because sadly they have more money than us. I dont think he's going anywhere but if he did I think he'd go with Hudds over us

Theres no denying Rangers are a massive club but its Scottish football after all

Edited by onefurlongout
missed word

6 minutes ago, onefurlongout said:

Because sadly they have more money than us. I dont think he's going anywhere but if he did I think he'd go with Hudds over us

Theres no denying Rangers are a massive club but its Scottish football after all

They may have more money, but they have spent badly and have some major issues to resolve which could take a couple of years to resolve, by which time the parachute payment will have finished

We are actually closer to the finished product which would surely be more attractive

1 hour ago, General_Grievous said:

Don;t shoot the messenger and all that but my mate works back office at Ibrox and all the talk in the place this morning is that Gerrard is talking to a championship club to be the new manager. Obviously could be us or Hudds - or someone else for that matter!

Why do all these rumours start with a mate in the back office?

50 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Would Gerrard really be put off of managing us based on the stadium. I thought it was a little bit of a surprise him going to Rangers with Liverpool's Celtic love in. That shows he thinks about these issues sensibly, it is not healthy for Liverpool fans to have some irrational hatred of Wednesday 30 years on and I don't think Gerrard would give much credence to it.

Think his cousin died in the disaster.  He would get loads of abuse from Liverpool fans and tarnish his reputation with them. I just don't think that he'd risk it to come here

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Is it just me who thinks his impressions are very average?

there ok but it’s like listening to a bloke in the pub who’s a bit funny. Certainly not worthy of the attention he gets imo 

I don't know, the impression he does of old cabbage head nearly made me wet myself.

1 hour ago, OWL1969 said:

Why would anybody other than somebody born & in Huddersfield leave Rangers for Huddersfield? 

Huge club to traditionally championship/League 1 club who have just had their time in the sun and are going back to their natural level.

Doubt many who leave Rangers for us either tbh.

It’s cold in Scotland 

Honestly don't think 99% of Liverpool fans would care. They played at Hillsborough for 15 years or so after the Disaster, and the justice/truth campaign was never about boycotting Hillsborough or Sheffield Wednesday. 

Suppose Gerrard personally might have some issues with it seeing as his cousin died at Hillsborough, but that's for him to decide.

If we want him, which seems a bit presumptuous given he hasn't really got many credentials as a manager.

• Thanks 1