Reach's place under threat

On 21/08/2019 at 11:36, adelphi1867 said:

Apart from the forward line up, we have competition in all places now, so NO player should be a shoe in, not even FF, the only thing missing now is a natural goal scorer, a Billy the Pig type.

'billy the pig' types cost good money, and I'm not sure we have competent cover for fletcher.

3 hours ago, dorian gray said:

'billy the pig' types cost good money, and I'm not sure we have competent cover for fletcher.

You are right we light in the Hold up forward type, and yes 'Billy the Pig' type at this level is expensive, but there are players in the lower leagues, even Non-league, who we could develop.

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

You are right we light in the Hold up forward type, and yes 'Billy the Pig' type at this level is expensive, but there are players in the lower leagues, even Non-league, who we could develop.

we should have been doing this a decade and more ago, the circumstances surrounding the club for the last 15 years dictated that we didn't.

7 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He's not agressive enough for that position 

In the long Luton highlights there's one where he put his toe out flimsly with his body positioned completely wrong, in a left back sort of area - their player just nudged it past him, it was a dangerous moment and left us exposed - if he plays in that way he is definitely not a left back

Found it:

Edited by jomaco

It’s not all about starting every week reach again as proved his worth like every season he’s been here his versatility is key by having him in the squad it can cover around 4/5 positions. There won’t be many match-day squads where reach is not in 

I think as the season progresses Harris and Murphy will make those wide positions their own and the recognised center mids in bannan Luongo lee and Hutchinson will be used more frequent in the the middle 

however with Tuesday Saturday Tuesday fixtures, injuries, suspensions, and fatigue I fully expect reach to play more than 35 games in appearances Even if he doesn’t have that one position this year here’s an excellent squad player and I mean that with no disrespect 

it’s a squad game