Goals....

I've been working away down in Hertfordshire this last week so i was unable to attend last night's match against Luton but managed to find it on a radio station. During the talking up of the game the 2 commentators (one being a former Luton player) spoke of our lack of firepower in front of goal but how we have a lot of strikers. They said how had we got a striker capable scoring on a regular basis and with the service we're now capable of supplying him with players like Bannan, Harris, Murphy and Reach we would be there or there abouts at the end of the season. The outcome was that we would probably finish top half of the table but fail to make the play-offs based on that. I then listened to the match and just as they said our main strikers failed us again and we had to rely on who ideally should and does put them on a plate for the strikers. My fear is over time the lack of goals will really take a grip on us and send us tumbling down the league even thow we've completely outplayed our opponents week in week out. We've all seen it before we dominate but because we can't score we get a 0-0 draw or the other team nicks it with a late break or a penalty. I'm loving us being top of the league I'm just looking at the long term picture. Up the Owls. 

It fairly obvious to see. Fletcher needs 5/6 chances to put one away. We need someone much more prolific in front of goal than that. What Fletcher does do is hold the ball up well and bring others into play but it’s goals that win you games.

At some point Fletcher will start scoring he goes on games of 5-6 scoring sprees always does , but other than that hes leading the line well . 

We all know we need an overhaul in the striker department that we hopefully get in Jan or next preseason

Fletcher set up the winner.

Bit unlucky to have one chalked off.

Delighted with his contribution to the win last night.

Think when you played 4-3-3 the wide players take more of the goalscoring burden and bag more than in a 4-4-2 , and so far they are doing ok on that score.

Apps        Goals    Assists 
Kadeem Harris         4               2  
Jacob Murphy          3               1   
Steven Fletcher       4               1             1