Team for PNE (a)

Stick with the system.

Westwood

Iorfa, Borner, Lees, Palmer

Bannan, Hutch or Luongo, Lee

Reach, Fletcher, Harris

Think we played far too deep first half v Luton with Bannan dropping deep and Hutch already sitting. Too predictable without KL for me.

2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Could be a big day for our wingers tomorrow with Murphy facing a totally right footed LB & Harris up against the lamentable Fisher!

We just need to support them and KL is the only midfielder who has the legs to do so at present. I would like to see both wingers played as we have an out ball to both flanks then and pace to stretch on the counter.

26 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

We just need to support them and KL is the only midfielder who has the legs to do so at present. I would like to see both wingers played as we have an out ball to both flanks then and pace to stretch on the counter.

Don't you think Reach or Luongo can support the front 3 as well

12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Westwood

Odubajo Lees Borner Palmer

Reach Lee Hutchinson Bannan Harris

Fletcher

That’s the team. Need the option of one of Murphy or Harris coming off the bench. Pace can really kill a team late on in games. 

It’s typical Wednesday really.

After finally moving to 433 and getting players to fit it quite a few teams seemed to be playing a diamond in midfield as an effective way of countering teams playing it.

Luton did it to us first half and I have noticed Charlton and PNE having success with it.

It will definitely be a clash of tactics tomorrow. Of course we will stick with 433 but it will be very tough and there is a danger we get overrun in centre midfield and fail to get our wingers in the game 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts with the same team as Luton. 

Id swap Luongo or Lee for Reach personally, but I just can’t see Bullen not playing Reach. I do thinks there’s a chance he’ll drop Murphy for Lee and move Reach side right, though I think that’s quite a defensive option. 

I’d  have Nuihu on the bench for his physical presence.

We do have options, which is good. Iorfa, Palmer, Lee, Luongo, Fessi (in my opinion) all could be viable starters

39 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I don't think anyone links the play as well as KL. He can fetch the ball and burst into the box. Luongo from what we've seen so far looks a find and will no doubt get his chance very soon.

Tomorrow really is the game for him imo to lay down a claim for a regular starting place. Luongo and Lee I See really complimenting each other with Hutch allowing them the space. With two quick wingers in Harris and Murphy I can see a positive result tomorrow.

If we play Reach and Bannan in the middle I fear that the game will be gone by HT.

14 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Tomorrow really is the game for him imo to lay down a claim for a regular starting place. Luongo and Lee I See really complimenting each other with Hutch allowing them the space. With two quick wingers in Harris and Murphy I can see a positive result tomorrow.

If we play Reach and Bannan in the middle I fear that the game will be gone by HT.

It depends on how he sets us up - I would like to see us go for it from the off and pin PNE back. Get the ball in the box early and they will not want to roam forward as much.

On 21/08/2019 at 11:58, Beholder said:

Harris Fletch Reach

Bannan Luongo Lee

Palmer Borner Lees Odubajo

Westwood 

Why do people keep putting Luongo as an alternative to Hutchinson at DM? L is more of s box to box all action midfielder who would come in ideally for Lee if he gets injured. If Hutch can’t play for any reason it’ll be Joey who takes his shirt and position.