Fletcher’s importance

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

Get Fletch to January then replace him with Tammy Abraham - the way he’s playing for Chelsea at the moment they’d probably pay us to take him.

I we can maintain this start playing this system, come January depending on our goals for column, we could do with looking at situations with ;

Gayle - Newcastle - if getting no game time has been loaned out to Championship before

Andre Gray - Watford - if no game time - had been talk of  a loan to WBA in last window

Che Adams - Southampton - see if he makes step up to Prem or needs loaning back to Champ

6 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Is Fletch vital because of the way we play?  Obviously I’m happy because we won but too often yesterday (and at times in the other matches) we have not moved the ball fast enough through the midfield to find the gaps, so we end up having to hit a hit a long one to Fletch, which makes him vital because he holds the ball up or brings others into play so well.  I’d rather see us work the ball to Harris and Murphy faster (which is where most of our goals will come from imo) so we don’t rely so much on Fletch. 

I think losing Bannan then resting Lee affected the way we play. In tandem we get the ball down and can play through the midfield or wide. This falls down when Adam replaces one of them as he doesn’t have the instinct or skill set of a busy CM.

I hope our game will look more fluid when they are paired v Preston and QPR.

But hey, no complaints. I’m picking hairs here. No Bannan pun intended.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweet Shezza said:

24 goals and five assists in three seasons for Fletch.  Rhodes has scored fewer but played a lot less games. His ratio is better. 

Do you think an average of eight goals and 2 assists per season is a good return for a striker? 

His 17/18 season was wrecked by injury. Only played equivalent to 12 games and only scored 2.

Better to judge him on his most reason season and his new-found fitness.

But no, his goal record for us is decent, at one every 220 minutes last season, but he is not prolific.

On 21/08/2019 at 00:44, Holmowl said:

I think OT is for once unanimous (?) that Fletcher starts every game he can. Clearly Bruce thought so, and so does Bully. 

Great to see him so fit and healthy. He has played 82,77,90 and 85 minutes, and run around, pressed and battled looking more like a 22 year old than a 32 year old. 

If we can get Fletcher through Preston and then QPR he gets a two week break during the internationals. That would be a great Stage One of the season put to bed. 

Touch wood.

Question to you - If he has to sit a game out, who should come into the 433?

Rhodes - does he do enough to lead the line?

Or Nuhiu - can definitely lead the line and does harry. Good enough?

Or Winnall - I thought giving him even 5 minutes as lone-striker was an odd call. Not for me.

Or Forestieri - never as lone-striker

Or, is Fletcher the only one who fits the role in 433, so no Fletcher = 442?

My opinion is that 433 is working, so stick with it. The obvious two to try are Rhodes and Nuhiu. In that order.

when does atdhe do harry i missed that. which harry ?? poor harry

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

I we can maintain this start playing this system, come January depending on our goals for column, we could do with looking at situations with ;

Gayle - Newcastle - if getting no game time has been loaned out to Championship before

Andre Gray - Watford - if no game time - had been talk of  a loan to WBA in last window

Che Adams - Southampton - see if he makes step up to Prem or needs loaning back to Champ

Edited by hirstys_achilles
wrong post

Sorry holmowl. I try to make a point of not commenting on anything other than the opinion but I couldn't resist. You spot on with FF, all the others need good service to be effective. Atdhe is probably the most adept at creating goals for himself. The end of season before last AN was on fire. If he can recreate the Jos form we would have a formidable championship team. Now we have pacey wingers to put some crosses in from counter attacks this should be Rhodes time to show what he was bought for all be it 3 seasons late. Winnall is chomping at the bit to play. But you right in saying 15 mins is not enough to get the rustiness out of his bones.

LB is going to have to be brave and take a bit of flack for giving Rhodes and Winnall a run of games. Not together ideally. Bury game would have been ideal for the fringe players to show what sort of form they are at. Now closed door friendlies only option and they not really the same as league games.

The team is still gelling and havent yet got a rhythm going together. When things fall into place any striker should be sniffing in the box for those poachers goals. It would be sooooo good to see Rhodes scoring after being written off by the majority at hillsborough for being past his best (possibly rightly so)