Jump to content

Let's give Bullen some credit.


Recommended Posts

For changing it up at half time in midfield.

 

That's what managers are paid to do.

 

He changed the set up in midfield and it transformed our play.

 

People are quick to criticise when he gets it wrong so lets praise him for getting it right and getting us the win.

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep credit where it's due. I'm a football fan and as such never satisfied as i thought he should have changed our tactics earlier  but I'm also aware and grateful that he recognised what needed changing and did it. We've had many too managers unable to see what's needed changing and too many unable to do anything about it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Bonus points to anyone who could spot what that change actually was.:image: 

A higher press...an' givin' Reach a tablet that made him run about like maniac for 10 minutes...ending in a substitution due to exhaustion....bloody obvious

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m guessing Bullen will get up until the international break to stake his claim for the job. 2 more games against PNE and QPR. 2 wins and I will be shocked if he isn’t given the permanent job before our first game in September. To be honest I will be shocked if he doesn’t get the job whatever happens. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, asteener1867 said:

A higher press...an' givin' Reach a tablet that made him run about like maniac for 10 minutes...ending in a substitution due to exhaustion....bloody obvious

Yeah that's what was visible to me...Reach's work rate. 

 

I dunno where Reach was playing in the first half he was practically invisible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beholder said:

Yeah that's what was visible to me...Reach's work rate. 

 

I dunno where Reach was playing in the first half he was practically invisible.

He was winding himself up..It was like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde...sorta dipped under the counter..drank the thingy and came up a monster...like them old films  on hammer house of horror

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we'd won 3 out of 4 under Bruce we'd all be saying how good it is that we've got a proper manager at last and look at the difference it makes. 

 

3 wins out of 4 and top of the league, albeit for 1 day only, but we'd have all taken that at the start of the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

If we'd won 3 out of 4 under Bruce we'd all be saying how good it is that we've got a proper manager at last and look at the difference it makes. 

 

3 wins out of 4 and top of the league, albeit for 1 day only, but we'd have all taken that at the start of the season. 

 

it's not good enough for some people, threads wanting Bullen sacked, criticism of players, performance not good enough, it makes you wonder what some people were expecting.

 

I would have bitten your hand off for 9 points from our first 4 games and to be top of the league or amongst the top 6 by tomorrow. as you say if this was all under Bruce, people would be wetting themselves and talking about automatic promotion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it wrong in the first half or the players were not listening.

 

He saw this and at half time he got into them.

 

Second half different game, we are so much better and pretty composed and comfortable when pressing teams high up this will give us a good season, play like the first half siting back and slow was like under Jos and we will get found out pretty quick and will struggle - this team is not made to sit back.

 

He saw it and changed it, credit where credit due. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Beholder said:

For changing it up at half time in midfield.

 

That's what managers are paid to do.

 

He changed the set up in midfield and it transformed our play.

 

People are quick to criticise when he gets it wrong so lets praise him for getting it right and getting us the win.

There was no change in set up. We probably worked harder as a unit. The co-ordination between parts of the team in first half was poor and it was a very lack lustre effort. We were lucky not to go behind in first half as Luton have one or two busy players who denied Bannan space to go forward and he was ineffective and as most things go through him we did not function. In second half they were trying to play out through back and a mistake was made we capitalised on it and tempo lifted and we suddenly had energy from this point.

We have several talented players but they are not gelling together yet properly, if this happens we will be ok.

This was not a good performance against a poor side who are struggling, If anything this game showed a weakness in preparation for the game and certainly did not shout out the coach did well. 

I have seen all games this season and only against Barnsley did we look like a unit. The last two games have convinced me we are badly lacking in coaching department.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...