Is anyone actually happy ?

I actually thought second half we played exceptionally well. Bullen tweaked the style and the players responded superbly. Yes the keeper made a mistake for the goal, but we were pressing and pushing them back relentlessly. Forced them into making mistakes and that’s how the goal came about. 

Haven’t seen a Wednesday side play with that much energy in a long time. If ever. 

17 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I’m happy Meggo lol

I’d be happier if we’d got an experienced Championship manager with a record of getting teams promoted to the Premier League though, a replacement for Bruce. I still don’t think that Bullen is managerial material. I’d keep him on as a coach though

What did Wagner, Farke, Wilder, Warnock, Jokanovic & Smith all have in common the last 2 Championship seasons?

It wasn't an abundance of championship experience with the exception of Warnock, it was togetherness, work ethic, freedom to play and respect from the players. 

If the players are playing for good old familiar Bully then it's as good a chance as any he can get us up too in my opinion. Better than a new man that most of the squad won't have worked under and have to re-establish themselves.

18 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Forestieri can play in more than the position "Harris" takes up...and I think he would have done more than Winnal did when he came on...

Needs to realise like others on here he'd not a big strong athletic 6ft plus centre forward and needs to play either in a two with one alongside him or out wide (which personally I've always felt was the best way to accommodate him) 

We've fletcher, Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes competing for one place up top. 

Therefore Bullen has Murphy, Harris, Nando and if needed reach competing for the two wide spots, makes sense to me from both a practical and tactical standpoint to utilise him on the wing. 

The problem for Fernando is that 

Harris & Murphy are beginning to settle in well, three goals between them in 4 games is so far is a very good return.

Especially with 3 wins out of 4.

Why change things.?? 

For me bully will bring Nando in for one of them out wide when either one gets injured or deemed needing a breather.. 

There's an old English saying especially up north "if it ain't broken, then don't fix it". 

Jos really should have learned that one lol

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, bobness said:

It's not about being negative, it's about whether I believe we will be able to compete based on what I've seen so far. Of course I would like Bullen to be the answer, why wouldn't I? But if I'm being honest with myself, I just don't think he is, and I'm not sure what he's substantively done to suggest he is up for the task. For what it's worth, I wanted Jos to be a smashing success, and the same goes for every manager we've ever hired.

Would be well chuffed to be proven wrong, even more so because Bullen has been an outstanding servant for the club.

Agree with most of what you're saying, the performance over a few games is possibly more important than the results we get from them. So under Jos last season we were far from convincing despite getting a few results and being in an artificially high 6th (in relation to how we were playing). But I'm not sure what more we could do last 4 games, performances have been good for me. Deserved wins vs Reading and Barnsley, performance was decent against Millwall but there was a lack of quality. Thought last night was the worst performance so far but was still a win we deserved on balance

19 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I’m happy.

Was bored for 45 mins though.

And I’m disappointed FF didn’t get a run. That game was made for him

We won. I'm happy.  Don't mind if it's boring every match all season if we keep winning 1-0. Prefer attractive footy of course, but in recent years we would have let them score in the dying seconds.

We were baffled that Winnall came on and not FF, he would have held onto the ball and caused problems. Although that ref would probaly have sent FF off for simulation in seconds after giving them 20 fouls for the slightest touch:bullen:

3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Which are?

Who will score the goals?

Winning aerial duels especially when defending.

Seen all 4 games and only played well against Barnsley, Last 2 games were not good. Looked lacking in confidence first half yesterday. Westwood has looked shaky he normally gives others confidence. Hoping his first clean sheet restores confidence.

We have variety of players who are suited to different opposition styles this is mainly in midfield areas. Think Bullen will stick with some when others may be more suitable.

To beat Millwall we needed to go wide particularly in 2nd half. Instead we often tried to pick our way through team. It called out for 2 guys in box instead we had Fletcher coming deep. Nuhiu is probably suited to 4 games a year (Cardiff and Millwall) he remained on bench. Did not understand why we took Iorfa off apart from goal did well and they had 4 monsters in side and he was only one nearly as big as them.

Easier to recruit a manager before season than during, managers will start getting sacked and choice that existed may dry up. Think recruitment of manager is being driven by need to reduce costs hence why Hughton not interested. 

Think it is inevitable we will bring manager in and worry we may get another ill suited to job.

There are pluses, recruitment we now have more balanced squad and more talented players for a long while. We have players who have pace and also good energy. 

Team are fittest and best condition for a number of years.

We have won despite not playing well.

Team are still gelling with new players not yet settled so will improve.

Happy - who wouldn’t be with our league position?

...enjoying it whilst it last as I don’t think it will.

We haven’t played anyone decent yet and Bullen still hasn’t proved he is the man to get us up imo.

10 matches in will give us a pretty good idea of where we are going

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

3 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Happy - who wouldn’t be with our league position?

...enjoying it whilst it last as I don’t think it will.

We haven’t played anyone decent yet and Bullen still hasn’t proved he is the man to get us up imo.

Well he cant prove that till he gets promotion ........no pressure Lee !

9 minutes ago, the monk said:

Well he cant prove that till he gets promotion ........no pressure Lee !

Based on the matches and results so far under his charge

..put it this way, if someone becomes available/found who has a decent record at this level with a promotion(s) elsewhere then it’s a no brainier for me.

5 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Based on the matches and results so far under his charge

..put it this way, if someone becomes available/found who has a decent record at this level with a promotion(s) elsewhere then it’s a no brainier for me.

Name names!