Is anyone actually happy ?

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Are we scared to be happy or something?

9 points out of 12. 

I’m not trying to suppress anyone’s opinion, but come on... it’s like we’re waiting for things to go wrong while they’re going right. 

Not any glaring/major faults so far that I can see. In fact we might even start putting more chances away that we’re creating - then what do we do ? 

Lets enjoy it, at least a bit.  

I’m happy Meggo lol

I’d be happier if we’d got an experienced Championship manager with a record of getting teams promoted to the Premier League though, a replacement for Bruce. I still don’t think that Bullen is managerial material. I’d keep him on as a coach though

9 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

9 points out of 12. 

I’m not trying to suppress anyone’s opinion, but come on... it’s like we’re waiting for things to go wrong while they’re going right. 

Not any glaring/major faults so far that I can see. In fact we might even start putting more chances away that we’re creating - then what do we do ? 

I'm delighted, never known a fan base like ours 90% absoloute muppets, felt like clipping a bloke walking out of Hillsborough last night, dont you sheffielders like to moan? jesus christ.

10 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

9 points out of 12. 

Yes - apart from when some brain-dead in the crowd decide to boo one of our own players.  Wouldn't boo him to his face, would they...

I'm very happy, best start to season for a long time, new good players, top of league, brilliant.  But also I am old enough NEVER to get carried away,  been watching the Owls too long.  Enjoy it whilst it lasts everyone.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Yes - apart from when some brain-dead in the crowd decide to boo one of our own players.  Wouldn't boo him to his face, would they...

No they wouldn't, like those who racially abuse Pogba on line, wouldn't dream of doing it to his face. 

16 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

9 points out of 12. 

I think you make a good point. We cant be unhappy, were top of the league for crying out loud. Last nights performance was uninspiring and we looked vague. Bannan and Reach didnt look 100% and fletcher at his age can't keep theat sort of effort up all season. Harris, murphy and Borner all looked good.

preston will be a far stronger test for us to evaluate how well (or not) we are actually doing.

• Thanks 1

Going into the international break under Jos, weren't we in 6th? Were fans expressing concern then also just "scared to be happy"?

When  the football on the pitch is disjointed, it simply doesn't bode well. The same fans accused of being downers will feel positive when it looks like things are coming together. Unfortunately, besides for our current league position, it appears we are lacking something if we intend to compete. While we may sort it out, losing to 10-man Milwall and scraping out a win (at home) against Luton, is hardly reason to celebrate.

Edited by bobness

3 minutes ago, bobness said:

Going into the international break under Jos, weren't we in 6th? Were fans expressing concern then also just "scared to be happy"?

When  the football on the pitch is disjointed, it simply doesn't bode well. The same fans accused of being downers will feel positive when it looks like things are coming together. Unfortunately, besides for our current league position, it appears we are lacking something if we intend to compete. While we may sort it out, losing to 10-man Milwall and scraping out a win (at home) against Luton, is hardly reason to celebrate.

You don't celebrate when your team wins a game?

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

He won't be happy until bullen loses a couple on the bounce or he'l never get to say i told you so. When that happens he will be reyt happy cos we will end up with another jos, or an out of work talking head. With guaranteed promotion though and very exciting football.

lol

28 minutes ago, bobness said:

But we didn't look disjointed in our first two games and we certainly looked much better in the 2nd half last night.

I'm sorry, but you are looking to be negative for the sake of it.

57 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Sure. Ok, then replace the words "hardly reason to celebrate" with "hardly a reason to get excited"

Edited by bobness

33 minutes ago, SiJ said:

But we didn't look disjointed in our first two games and we certainly looked much better in the 2nd half last night.

I'm sorry, but you are looking to be negative for the sake of it.

It's not about being negative, it's about whether I believe we will be able to compete based on what I've seen so far. Of course I would like Bullen to be the answer, why wouldn't I? But if I'm being honest with myself, I just don't think he is, and I'm not sure what he's substantively done to suggest he is up for the task. For what it's worth, I wanted Jos to be a smashing success, and the same goes for every manager we've ever hired.

Would be well chuffed to be proven wrong, even more so because Bullen has been an outstanding servant for the club.

I'm happy. Very much so. 

We cannot control who leads the team. Not down to us. If its Bullen its him, someone else I will get behind them too.

But, for, what, 25 years things have become synonymous with Wednesday;

We start badly

We always lose or draw to "smaller" teams

We have done neither of those things, and we always play better against those who are more expressive. 

And for those who say "I always expected us to win the first 6" that's a ludicrous statement to make as a championship team.

So for anyone who is scaremongering about when we play the big boys, we will get chances probably more so than against the lutons of the world.