Is anyone actually happy ?

14 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Is pleasantly surprised OK?

I enjoyed the second half...Luton have put 3 past #Boro and lost narrowly at West Brom....Shouild we be hitting them for 6 or summat...?

That’s the championship for yer - just never know.

but why is that? It’s quite maddening 

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I think it’s more about competition.

He’s competing with Harris who is killing it right now.

Yeah absolutely, you could be right , I just think I’m happy trusting Bullen on this one regardless 

17 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Are we scared to be happy or something?

9 points out of 12. 

I’m not trying to suppress anyone’s opinion, but come on... it’s like we’re waiting for things to go wrong while they’re going right. 

Not any glaring/major faults so far that I can see. In fact we might even start putting more chances away that we’re creating - then what do we do ? 

Lets enjoy it, at least a bit.  

Very frustrating reading some of the crap on here tonight. But hey Trumps president and Johnson's Prime Minister so I guess world's full of ignorance.

Come on, even if some other teams have a game in hand, how great isn't it to read sports articles with the headline "Sheffield Wednesday beat Luton to go top of the Championship" or "Kadeem Harris sends Owls top"...

Got to appreciate the moments as they come along, we got the win that's the most important part!

• Like 1

Being a Wednesday fan, we are conditioned to expect a kick in the balls at any given moment.  We cannot enjoy until something is certain.

Everyone is waiting for a run of 3-5 games where the results and performances are terrible, Bullen is under pressure, and we end up in a situation that should have been sorted a 6-8 weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

Being a Wednesday fan, we are conditioned to expect a kick in the balls at any given moment.  We cannot enjoy until something is certain.

Everyone is waiting for a run of 3-5 games where the results and performances are terrible, Bullen is under pressure, and we end up in a situation that should have been sorted a 6-8 weeks ago. 

Yeah, me too, I'm just trying something new this season! Positiviteh!!! BELIEVE!! :D

• Like 1

9 points is good going, still not convinced by Bullen though. 

Tonight wasn't what I was as hoping for, too negative, if  Harris hadn’t been on the pitch I we would have struggled.

Cant understand why FF didn’t get on the pitch early in the second half, he may have supplied the spark we were missing.

A win on Saturday and I will be very happy (though still not convinced by Bullen).

I’m not saying everything is perfect (perfect in football is unbelievably hard to achieve), but if I was to compile a list of observations about our squad/current situation then I’d say it’s about 85% positive. 

I definitely didn’t expect to leave the ground after a win, and see some of this dull pessimism. EDIT (In other threads) 

We’ve got to take these shackles off of trying to subdue our own enjoyment. 

Edited by Kopparberg

I was genuinely staggered to see a bully out thread with more agrees than negs on here. This is the championship! We aren’t going to thrash every team every week. Luton had 1st half, we had 2nd and we have more experience and talent so we managed to find a goal. And Bullen obviously did a good halftime team adjustments because we improved. If he gets 20 points from first 10 games it’s his job, he’s on 9. Keep going Lee. Good win tonight, shame Luongo goal didn’t go in for 2. Up the owls! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Very pleased with the start, but wary that we haven't played anyone good yet. And Millwall beat us at their ground.

We should be beating those sides, so tougher tests ahead. Lets see how we do vs those first.

Said it before in another thread, by what right?

We all know this is the most competitive division in the entire league, we need to earn the right to beat teams on the day, not just show up!

On top of all that on Saturday we were just downright unlucky.

• Like 1