Midfield Dilemma

That balance needs sorting out and fast across the middle 

Personally think we’re way too defensively minded with Hutch at home and we’re accomdating Reach who looks lost at the minute apart from putting groundwork in

Luongo and Lee both look took good to leave on the bench and look like the creative spark that was missing 

Reach was only stuck there originally because Bannan was injured and Bullen didn't want to change a winning team.  

Now he needs to bite the bullet and put Reach back to RW and Murphy needs to sit out the next game.  

Should be Hutch, Bannan and Lee again next week.  Luongo to sub on.  

I’ve always had an issue with Reach in the middle On the face of it, he should be able to excel in that role, but he looks totally lost He’s a very difficult player for us to accommodate, his long range strikes are a thing of beauty, especially in a side that isn’t prolific, but unfortunately, that’s it. 

12 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Reach is embarrassing in the centre midfield , second half he actually broke sweat so thankful for small mercies i suppose .

Some absolute drama queens on here.

He wasn't fantastic tonight, but embarrassing? Get a grip

20 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

That balance needs sorting out and fast across the middle 

Personally think we’re way too defensively minded with Hutch at home and we’re accomdating Reach who looks lost at the minute apart from putting groundwork in

Luongo and Lee both look took good to leave on the bench and look like the creative spark that was missing 

I think it was tactical.

A tactical error I mean.

We need to have Reach and Bannan on the front foot, otherwise we’re pedestrian.

Once we did that they could not deal with us at all.

We’re awful when we play in 3rd gear.

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Simple 

Reach out, Lee in

Then when Lee’s unfit Luongo comes in. Reach can compete with the 2 wingers who I wouldn’t drop at the moment, we’ll Harris is undroppable at the moment 

This

CM needs to be combos of Lee Hutch Bannan and Luongo.

Wide needs to be combos of Harris Murphy, Reach and Fessi.

Just now, WayneTheOwl said:

Reach was a passenger again. He’s got his uses but should be made to battle with Murphy and Harris for the wing spots only. Shouldn’t be anywhere near that centre midfield.

I suppose the thinking was, we needed to rest Lee, and Reach, in theory, was the most likely of the three to make runs into the box. It never happened though. With his height, and his finishing skills, he should be the ideal player to make those ghosting runs into the box, but he doesn’t 

Just now, gurujuan said:

I suppose the thinking was, we needed to rest Lee, and Reach, in theory, was the most likely of the three to make runs into the box. It never happened though. With his height, and his finishing skills, he should be the ideal player to make those ghosting runs into the box, but he doesn’t 

Not just talking about one game though. He has played this role time and time again and isn’t suited to it at all. I’ve never been a big fan of his I’ll admit but centre midfield just is a waste of a player. 

4 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Not just talking about one game though. He has played this role time and time again and isn’t suited to it at all. I’ve never been a big fan of his I’ll admit but centre midfield just is a waste of a player. 

I’m not really a fan either, he throws up more problems than he solves, and on that basis, I would have sold him instead of Joao

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not really a fan either, he throws up more problems than he solves, and on that basis, I would have sold him instead of Joao

Some idiot came in and gave us good money for Prancing pony, Jaoa,  but no one came with a bid for Reach.

We cannot sell a player if no one wants to buy him.

Hutchinson

Lee        Bannan

Murphy Fletcher Harris

That's my front 6 for the next game. With Forestieri 100000% on the bench and ready for an appearance. Bullens biggest mistake was not having him available to come on against Millwall when the game was crying out for someone like him with the ability in tight spaces and to get a goal out of nothing.