Loan Watch Rides Again!

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

If Penney performs well for St Pauli I wonder what will happen to him here, out of contract in the summer and with European rules the Germans could snap him up for pretty much zero tribunal fee.

We wanna be looking to tie him down now.

Am I right in thinking he can sign in January for a team abroad ?? Yes they would have to pay the minimal tribunal fee as he's under 24 but he can sign the pre contract.

1 hour ago, SwellOwl said:

If we wanted to, can he be recalled?

I'm sure Lee Bullen said in interview that although the loan was for the whole season it would be reviewed around Christmas time

As for him being lured abroad for peanuts?

I can't imagine the club would walk into such an obvious trap

I'm guessing we have an option to renew, similar to Keiren Westwood over the summer

We thought we might lose him but were in the driving seat all along

51 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

image.png.94f4a3a8ed183e619e8d9c66b32b0bd8.png

:laugh:

He's hardly likely to say:  "Can't stand the bloke. He gives me the creeps!"

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I'm sure Lee Bullen said in interview that although the loan was for the whole season it would be reviewed around Christmas time

As for him being lured abroad for peanuts?

I can't imagine the club would walk into such an obvious trap

I'm guessing we have an option to renew, similar to Keiren Westwood over the summer

We thought we might lose him but were in the driving seat all along

:laugh:

He's hardly likely to say:  "Can't stand the bloke. He gives me the creeps!"

Permanent contact though - quite a definitive statement that.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

17th September

Macclesfield  1-1  Newport Co               (att:  1,435)

Newport went ahead in the 1st minute, but despite drawing level and having the better of things throughout most the game

The point leaves Macc pretty much rooted in mid-table

For Connor Kirby. this was his 6th start in eleven appearances in all competitions

And if the BBC live texts are anything to go by, his most influential game for them so far ...

3'

Attempt saved. Connor Kirby (Macclesfield Town) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Emmanuel Osadebe.

17'

Attempt saved. Connor Kirby (Macclesfield Town) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Arthur Gnahoua.

18'

Attempt blocked. Virgil Gomis (Macclesfield Town) left footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Connor Kirby.

28'

Attempt missed. Fiacre Kelleher (Macclesfield Town) right footed shot from the centre of the box is too high. Assisted by Connor Kirby following a set piece situation.

31'

Attempt saved. Connor Kirby (Macclesfield Town) right footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the top left corner. Assisted by Corey O'Keeffe.

53'

Attempt missed. Fiacre Kelleher (Macclesfield Town) header from the centre of the box misses to the right. Assisted by Connor Kirby with a cross following a corner.

54'

Attempt missed. Connor Kirby (Macclesfield Town) right footed shot from the centre of the box is too high.

62'

Attempt blocked. Emmanuel Osadebe (Macclesfield Town) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Connor Kirby.

66'

Attempt saved. Emmanuel Osadebe (Macclesfield Town) right footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Connor Kirby.

81'

Attempt missed. Connor Kirby (Macclesfield Town) right footed shot from more than 35 yards.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

I’m a Jos believer too

in the sense I believe he hasn’t  actually ever worked in football and he somehow blagged his way into our club 

like that whole Georga weah cousin thing and souness thingy years ago 

In all honesty Luhukay came here with good reputation from Germany. He is known there for taking Bundesliga 2 clubs, wuickly improving and turning them into promotion contenders. If he wasn't highly rated over there he would never got St Pauli job.

He did great for Wednesday in his first season helping us to mid table security when relegation seemed as real possibility. His 2'nd season was laregely catastrophic for whatever reason. 

10 hours ago, malek said:

In all honesty Luhukay came here with good reputation from Germany. He is known there for taking Bundesliga 2 clubs, wuickly improving and turning them into promotion contenders. If he wasn't highly rated over there he would never got St Pauli job.

He did great for Wednesday in his first season helping us to mid table security when relegation seemed as real possibility. His 2'nd season was laregely catastrophic for whatever reason. 

Ah but you must remember Malek, he only came to us for one last paycheque before he retired.  Yes it went titsup but some of theshit talked on here is being exposed for what it was.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, malek said:

There was plenty of reasons mainly over playing kids and banishing senior pros from the first team. Complete inept and far too stubborn to change. Quite possibly our worst appointment as a manager in the clubs history  

11 hours ago, malek said:

This, he had the right idea bringing youth through but most of them weren't ready, and leaving out the old guard who had done a lot for the club clearly alienated the dressing room, in October last season we were sat 6th going into the international break, after that it was probably one of the worst 2 months watching Wednesday I can remember. His record in Germany is not to be sniffed at and he'll probably have St Pauli pushing for promotion at some point. Some clubs it doesn't work out, at others it does. Look at Brendan Rodgers at Reading for example. 

10 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

This, he had the right idea bringing youth through but most of them weren't ready, and leaving out the old guard who had done a lot for the club clearly alienated the dressing room, in October last season we were sat 6th going into the international break, after that it was probably one of the worst 2 months watching Wednesday I can remember. His record in Germany is not to be sniffed at and he'll probably have St Pauli pushing for promotion at some point. Some clubs it doesn't work out, at others it does. Look at Brendan Rodgers at Reading for example. 

I think there was a lot going on behind the scenes as well during his tenure but without doubt his biggest failure was the constant chopping and changing.

Must admit, I was dazzled by the way we finished Jos' first season

Six wins in his last nine games (compared to three wins in Bruce's last nine)

I gave Jos most of the credit but that run also coincided with Bannan & Forestieri returning from injury and Nuhiu scoring goals like there was no tomorrow

So what went wrong?

Lots, probably. But I'll always be convinced communication (or lack of) was part of the problem

His English was atrocious whereas his German is no doubt spot on

He maybe should've taken some classes during that first summer

2 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Must admit, I was dazzled by the way we finished Jos' first season

Six wins in his last nine games (compared to three wins in Bruce's last nine)

I gave Jos most of the credit but that run also coincided with Bannan & Forestieri returning from injury and Nuhiu scoring goals like there was no tomorrow

So what went wrong?

Lots, probably. But I'll always be convinced communication (or lack of) was part of the problem

His English was atrocious whereas his German is no doubt spot on

He maybe should've taken some classes during that first summer

You realise he's Dutch right?