Loan Watch Rides Again!

Think he improved a lot in the 2'nd half playing left back, and was defensively solid.

Such a shame about that 2'nd yellow card, God knows what he was thinking there.

All in all, there are 3 points won, and hopefully lesson or two learned.

So ...

26th August

FC St Pauli  2-1  Holstein Kiel            (att:  29,546)

An eventful debut for Matt Penney  :mellow:

Spies reliably informs us he made a nervy start at left wing back before settling down at LB in the second half

Picked up a booking around the hour mark as St Pauli took a two goal lead

And was then shown a second yellow card in the 93rd minute with his side clinging on at 2-1

And will now be suspended for the next game  :dry:

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Shame for him, misses the next game and then will be trying to get back in for the Hamburg derby which will be a must win game for Jos given their recent form.

Gonna watch 10 mins of Reda Johnson now for Eastleigh!

Many thanks

With your comments and uk.soccerway's 'visuals' it felt like I was actually there ... well, you know what I mean  :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Just had a look at his match stats: 48% pass success rate (13/27), "dispossessed" twice with five "unsuccessful passes" (basically losing possession 7 times)... I thought it looked bad. On the plus side, he apparently made more tackles than any other St Pauli player, so his looking good defensively translates into 'he actually didn't do too badly in that regard' vs he was flattering to deceive.

Not sure I'd be too keen on seeing himself name in the squad again if I was a St Pauli fan though

13 hours ago, marcx666 said:

It'll take a few games before he shows his potential. He hasn't played competitively for ages, and well, forst game is about 5 fays after he's moved countries, in front of a raucous crowd. I'd crap meself lol

Give it 6 weeks he will be ruining teams. 

I thought for a moment I was reading a script for 'Allo 'Allo.lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Just had a look at his match stats: 48% pass success rate (13/27), "dispossessed" twice with five "unsuccessful passes" (basically losing possession 7 times)... I thought it looked bad. On the plus side, he apparently made more tackles than any other St Pauli player, so his looking good defensively translates into 'he actually didn't do too badly in that regard' vs he was flattering to deceive.

Not sure I'd be too keen on seeing himself name in the squad again if I was a St Pauli fan though

Sounds a bit like Fox

13 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

Jos seems to be taking it quite well.

image.png.05f880008a1d035cd567a2291016a1cc.png

Oh I don't know if this is authentic tbh

I'm sure Jos does have a sense of humour, but I just can't imagine Yoda saying any of this stuff

Now if he'd said: "Suspended for the next game he'll be, so bank on him for the time being we can't."

Well that'd be different

5 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Oh I don't know if this is authentic tbh

I'm sure Jos does have a sense of humour, but I just can't imagine Yoda saying any of this stuff

Now if he'd said: "Suspended for the next game he'll be, so bank on him for the time being we can't."

Well that'd be different

Fair point that is.

I reckon his grammar was tidied up by the writer. Journalistic license eh? Pffft.

Grimsby  v  Macclesfield  2nd round League Cup tie abandoned at half time

Pity really

Connor Kirby was making his second start and Macc were edging a tight game on possession and chances created

It was goalless and now they'll have to do it again

Just a bit of watter really  :dry: