Loan Watch Rides Again!

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Did you mean cast Grim?

No I mean cap (ie capture, record, download) that stuff, so I'll have a link for it after it's over.

@Ethel The Tree if van Aken (or any of the other loanee) matches are televised and can probably get you them if you're interested.

• Thanks 2

On 20/08/2019 at 15:53, Ethel The Tree said:

Jack Stobbs to Livingston makes it three players out with the best part of a fortnight left for others to join 'em

Can't take anything for granted but with a bit of luck there'll be loads of progress updates to add each and every week  :biggrin:

Anyhow, there's no harm starting with a quick round-up of what's happened so far ...

10th August

Macclesfield  3-0  Leyton Orient             (att:  2,167)

Connor Kirby makes his debut as an 86th minute sub with the game already done and dusted ...

13th August

Blackpool  2-2  Macclesfield             (att:  3,715)

... whereas he played the whole of this Thingybob Cup tie, picking up a late booking for a foul on Jay Spearing (which I thought was allowed anyway)

The home side managed an injury time equaliser but Macc deservedly went through on penalties

17th August

Northampton  1-2  Macclesfield          (att:  4,319)

Now without a manager, it was back to the league for Connor and back to a place on the bench

He did come on shortly after the home side had made it 1-1, so played his part in another victory

They're at home to Morecambe tonight, so fingers crossed

Meanwhile .....

19th August

VfL Osnabruck  4-0  Darmstadt 98          (att:  14,101)

Joost van Aken's first start in 2.Bundesliga could hardly have gone better

Don't know much about this league tbf, so it'll be interesting to see how things pan out

VfL don't seem to be one of the bigger clubs on show but this win sees them move up to 3rd in the table

Their next game is away at FC Nurnberg who perhaps are one of the bigger clubs given their 50k capacity stadium - and they've made a poor start

I was at Kirby's game for Macc at Blackpool. He looked a bit lightweight but with some obvious skill. When he wasn't knocked off the ball he pinged a couple of Bannan-esque diagonal cross field balls about.

The highlights are worth looking up for Macc's stonking second goal and for how casually their goalkeeper (!) scores the winning penalty :)

• Thanks 1

Guest Grez Bez
2 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Penney not getting involved much. Although he’s not being passed to all that often.

Took a poor corner , didn’t beat first man 

Miyachi (ex Arsenal) looks a threat on the other flank

Is he left back or Left Wing (or Left Wing Back :) )

8 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Looks nervous, and lacking match practice. Both to be expected 

I'm watching the uk.soccerway graphics again and it all looks a bit scrappy

Two sides struggling after a poor start

I do wonder if the home crowd are behind Jos - although it's early days yet