Stobbs joins Livingston on loan.....

25 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

image.png.32b05ed94d22fad9da626c4cbe7b261d.png

Maybe he can find a better barbers whilst he's up there too.

:duntmatter:

"What would you like ,Sir? Short back and sides? Quiff top with fades?"

"No thanks pal, I'd like the old Norman priest landing at Hastings as part of William The Bstards invading forces  look"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Now or never for him, if it doesn't work out he'll be out of the pro game altogether by January. Baker I wouldn't even loan out, I'd just get rid. He's about 24 he was never a youngster even when he made his debut.

22, made his debut when he was 21.I agree Baker won't make it here.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

You can't forget the mighty "Waddler" as well bud. 

Look how long it took K Lee to finally start to progress up the leagues?? 

He hda that bad injury just as sg was bringing him in and around the first team and missed 18 months of development, so fingers crossed this will help him catch up and come back closer to a breakthrough. 

Fair one. Here's hoping for the lad. Certainly tearing the SPL a new one would be a start.

Back in the day it was quite common for top players to come from non league wasn't it. Waddle is a good example, so too Ian Wright. Les Ferdinand was another IIRC? Apart from Vardy it seems to happen less now. Is that because the coaches are better placed to recognise the talent?

27 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

"What would you like ,Sir? Short back and sides? Quiff top with fades?"

"No thanks pal, I'd like the old Norman priest landing at Hastings as part of William The Bstards invading forces  look"

Exclusive footage of Jack arriving up in Scotland earlier today....

giphy.gif

Edited by owlZfan84
  • Haha 5

Jack Stobbs looked as though he was going to be a great player for us, especially as he made his debut for us 5 years ago. I think we all expected him to really come on, possibly going out on loan and playing the odd game for us here and there, especially as we had no wingers to speak of not so long ago. Before I heard about his injury I would have said get rid of him, he has gone backwards and is further away from getting a game for us,  but OK his 18 months off due to injury probably prevented him from going out on loan, or playing for us a couple of seasons ago and he would have been 20 going on 21 then, so still behind our two current wingers who were already playing first team football before they were 20. Hopefully if Jack can get plenty of games and experience while out on loan, he will be able to make the step up for us, or if not deemed Championship level, for somebody else. Good luck Jack, make the most of it, I really hope that you can rediscover your own belief and show that all the belief and hard work put in by yourself and those that have worked alongside you will now start to pay off.

• Like 1

The Scottish leagues are where all washed up footballers play.

Physical though, a cloggers league, so he will come back a man, or a physical wreck.

The only decent Scottish footballers (like Liam Palmer) play for Sheffield Wednesday.

All other Scottish players are crap.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just seems none of our younger players are anywhere near up to the standard needed for our first team. Thorniley was probably the closest but since he came back early from Portugal we’ve not really heard anything about him.  

Matt Penney looked good when first came into first team. 

I rate Dawson too. 

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, Slogboy said:

Some fans.....

What's your problem? They need loans to gain experience. Too many players rot in U23s. 

5 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

You can't forget the mighty "Waddler" as well bud. 

Look how long it took K Lee to finally start to progress up the leagues?? 

He hda that bad injury just as sg was bringing him in and around the first team and missed 18 months of development, so fingers crossed this will help him catch up and come back closer to a breakthrough. 

He had a bad injury at 17 to 18 but he was only out about 4 months

6 hours ago, George said:

Fair one. Here's hoping for the lad. Certainly tearing the SPL a new one would be a start.

Back in the day it was quite common for top players to come from non league wasn't it. Waddle is a good example, so too Ian Wright. Les Ferdinand was another IIRC? Apart from Vardy it seems to happen less now. Is that because the coaches are better placed to recognise the talent?

I think in part the big teams hoover anyone that shows any promise early in there career as youths /juniors and then just keep them languishing in the u18s/u23s till eventually moving to lower league sides. 

Scouting is more of a massive thing now big money, worldwide networks etc..