Jack Stobbs

6 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

I don't think he's a player that will ever be good enough to play for the first team but will probably have a good career in lower leagues a bit like Danny mayor has done

Yeah think I agree with that, he’s not a 17-18 year old anymore, probably should be his last chance when he returns from his loan spell. If not up to scratch should be looking to leave the club imo. 

Too good for the under 23's really should have been loaned out for last season and possible the one before.

But these loans have to be to the right clubs, at the right level and that the player does not get guaranteed game time but does get significant game time.

I think he is in the last year of his contract like a lot of the first team and development squad are so could well be trying to win a longer contract with them. Should be a reasonable level for him and able to play a few big matches against Rangers and Celtic will show if he has a chance of progressing or not.

Just need to get Thorniley, Baker, Penney and a few of the other younger lads out for first team experience.

So glad to see us sending these lads on loan to get experience. It worked with Clare and he came back a better player, regardless of what happened after that. Also Penney came back a lot better. Keep sending these lads on loan and hopefully we will get back some really good players.

51 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Too good for the under 23's really should have been loaned out for last season and possible the one before.

But these loans have to be to the right clubs, at the right level and that the player does not get guaranteed game time but does get significant game time.

I think he is in the last year of his contract like a lot of the first team and development squad are so could well be trying to win a longer contract with them. Should be a reasonable level for him and able to play a few big matches against Rangers and Celtic will show if he has a chance of progressing or not.

Just need to get Thorniley, Baker, Penney and a few of the other younger lads out for first team experience.

Thornilly will be staying as cover for borner and Cup games no doubt its a long old season and if Lees & borner get injured, that would only leave the lad bates. Thornilly at least has experience of the championship and this level, bates has been in German 2nd div and pub league North of the border. 

Definitely see if we could get Baker snd Preston out on loan though, they desperately need first team football. 

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Good move for everyone concerned. Having brought in Harris and Murphy, Jack was always going to find it tough to get near the first team squad this season. Really do hope he takes this opportunity to develop. 

He found it tough before we had Harris and Murphy in the squad. 

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Thornilly will be staying as cover for borner and Cup games no doubt its a long old season and if Lees & borner get injured, that would only leave the lad bates. Thornilly at least has experience of the championship and this level, bates has been in German 2nd div and pub league North of the border. 

Definitely see if we could get Baker snd Preston out on loan though, they desperately need first team football. 

Thorniley played no preseason and has appeared on the first team squad a total of 0 times so far.

For what ever reason under Bruce and now Bullen the lad has been given no game time. We would need a big injury crisis for him to get any game time and should Lees or Borner get injured more likely Iorfa or Hutch will be moved to the middle instead of Thorniley.

Me personally I rate Thorniley and think he should at the very least be our option from the bench due to his ability to play centre half and if needed cover left back - he is a better option that Fox but for whatever reason Bullen does not rate him.

We may as well loan him out as we saw what has happened to Wildsmith no playing him for a season.

Edited by room0035

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

I think we need to keep Thorniley here especially now van Aken has left on loan