Club statement-north stand

43 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

SAG are covering their backs any incident it allows them to wash their hands of it.  

They are not dealing with the issues just preempting their get out excuse. 

If an organisation in charge of ensuring crowd safety is given a report from the police that says part of the ground is unsafe it takes a very, brave organisation  - which ultimately means brave people - to go against it. Given the report that was submitted it's entirely predictable.

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I disagree. The SAG is necessary; it’s just it’s the draconian nature of its policies, rulings and decisions that is the problem. The decisions coming out of this group could relate to the makeup of its membership - is it too political; is it informed enough; is it truly independent? 

If the SAG is disbanded then it’ll probably pop up again with another name, the same members and a strong agenda against SWFC and SUFC but if the membership is changed for being too draconian then those new members will have to demonstrate that their decisions are more measured and inclusive for all parties. 

Are there any examples of a SAG agenda against SUFC? I thought one of our biggest gripes was how fans enter & exit their place, yet no prohibition notices are issued to them.

Since DC bought SWFC, his agenda for the stadium has not really been made clear. Either way, this latest situation (especially if the appeal is upheld), will force his hand with regard to the Lepp and North access.

The quickest fix I feel is to remove the former gym/ now club shop and get some decent access to the rear of the North from that side, and utilise a plot of land across from the ground to build a superstore that actually belongs in the 21st century.

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Are there any examples of a SAG agenda against SUFC? I thought one of our biggest gripes was how fans enter & exit their place, yet no prohibition notices are issued to them.

56 minutes ago, A12owl said:

There didn't seem to be any noticeable segregation of Palace fans on Sunday.

From memory the away and home turnstiles are very close together, in fact the away ones are flanked by home ones aren't they? The walk away from the ground is grim with fans waiting at the corner of the ring road. Ingress and egress are impossible without fans coming together. I don't think there is space on the concourse to hold fans back and there is no pedestrian area directly outside other than a pavement. 

If we are subject to the measures imposed I cannot see any reason why united shouldnt be as well. Surely the risk of trouble is identical at both grounds. 

3 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

The quickest fix I feel is to remove the former gym/ now club shop and get some decent access to the rear of the North from that side, and utilise a plot of land across from the ground to build a superstore that actually belongs in the 21st century.

This is definitely the best solution. 

5 hours ago, rickygoo said:

If an organisation in charge of ensuring crowd safety is given a report from the police that says part of the ground is unsafe it takes a very, brave organisation  - which ultimately means brave people - to go against it. Given the report that was submitted it's entirely predictable.

I know I know, but for FFS just getting my frustration out.

4 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Since DC bought SWFC, his agenda for the stadium has not really been made clear. Either way, this latest situation (especially if the appeal is upheld), will force his hand with regard to the Lepp and North access.

Unfortunately the plot of land opposite the ground already has planning permission for retail/food outlets with construction due to start any time.

23 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

It's about time the Club looked into sueing these half wits.

Take them to court to justify their arguments, without bias against us.

Show the court precedents from other grounds around the country.

Make them pay for their blatant discrimination against us.

It's beyond a joke now.

Good idea. Would love to see them explain why it is safe for blades to share a stand with away fans at lane and their home fans can then form a pincer movement from the other to stands to complete the encirclement.!

Anyone who still believes this is not a vendetta by SY Plod against wednesday to pass the blame is living in cloud cuckoo land. Its funny this has come about as one of their own (Duckenfield )  is about to stand trial again charged eith the deaths of 95 supporters.

SYP are a disgrace and currupt to the core.

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

Unfortunately the plot of land opposite the ground already has planning permission for retail/food outlets with construction due to start any time.

Nowt to stop the club taking one of the new units.