Club statement-north stand

Sheffield Wednesday have lodged appeal paperwork at Sheffield Magistrates Court in respect of the recent Prohibition Notice served.

The club have also requested that the Licensing Sub Committee of Sheffield City Council considers the matter in the meantime.

Consequently, we are not able to make any further public comment at this time.

In the interim, fans are reminded that the North Stand is currently running at capacity with Season Ticket holders, therefore match by match tickets are not available for this area of the stadium.

This situation will be ongoing until we advise otherwise.

Supporters are also reminded that there will be no access to the South Stand from Leppings Lane and exiting the North Stand is via Penistone Road only.

The exception are disabled supporters and one career, who can gain entry from Leppings lane through the blue gates to the South Stand underpass.

Disabled supporters will also be allowed exit on to Leppings Lane at the end of the game.

Please listen to the advice of our stewards at all times - thank you for your co-operation and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

• Thanks 3

It's about time the Club looked into sueing these half wits.

Take them to court to justify their arguments, without bias against us.

Show the court precedents from other grounds around the country.

Make them pay for their blatant discrimination against us.

It's beyond a joke now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

It's about time the Club looked into sueing these half wits.

Take them to court to justify their arguments, without bias against us.

Show the court precedents from other grounds around the country.

Make them pay for their blatant discrimination against us.

It's beyond a joke now.

Pussed you on that but the magistrates will not support a private company against a council QANGO so the subsequent appeal will have to go the time consuming High Court route. All I can say think very carefully when choosing your next Police Commissioner.  

29 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Pussed you on that but the magistrates will not support a private company against a council QANGO so the subsequent appeal will have to go the time consuming High Court route. All I can say think very carefully when choosing your next Police Commissioner.  

Voting for a Labour Police Commissioner was always going to be a monumental idiocy.

32 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I sent him an email when this. Was first announced. Very polite and asking if he had read the report and if he thought the decision put Wednesday fans in danger. Had an automated response and then nothing. Not so much as an acknowledgement. Still I’m sure he’s enjoying his salary and nice warm office without the need to respond to the lowlife that elected him 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Voting for a Labour Police Commissioner was always going to be a monumental idiocy.

Hmmm... I don’t think you can use that argument. David Cameron, the ex-Conservative PM, “bent over” for all and sundry to avoid taking the difficult decision. Sometimes it was the right decision; other times it wasn’t and, intentionally or not, he threw various people and organisations under the bus. 

It’s is lunacy of the highest order

I wonder what the MMU student, SAG and SYP would make of the egress arrangements at Millwall on Saturday where fans of both clubs mixed without bother in crowded conditions near to South Bermondsey station? 

SAG and SYP should do the jobs they are paid to do, not pass the buck.  

6 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Continues to add to the debate about the long term sustainability of the old lady. SAG will never let this rest unless Hillsborough is seriously updated or we move. 

The fact is no matter what neglect the stadium has suffered over the years the problem that syp are grumping about is totally different 

Its the entrance and exits mixing of fans that has suddenly become unmanageable after a hundred years !

2 minutes ago, the monk said:

The fact is no matter what neglect the stadium has suffered over the years the problem that syp are grumping about is totally different 

Its the entrance and exits mixing of fans that has suddenly become unmanageable after a hundred years !

I agree, But now this is on their radar it will stay there. SAG are a ridiculous organisation. Bad for football and bad for the city 

1 minute ago, Sensible Soccer said:

I agree, But now this is on their radar it will stay there. SAG are a ridiculous organisation. Bad for football and bad for the city 

I disagree. The SAG is necessary; it’s just it’s the draconian nature of its policies, rulings and decisions that is the problem. The decisions coming out of this group could relate to the makeup of its membership - is it too political; is it informed enough; is it truly independent? 

If the SAG is disbanded then it’ll probably pop up again with another name, the same members and a strong agenda against SWFC and SUFC but if the membership is changed for being too draconian then those new members will have to demonstrate that their decisions are more measured and inclusive for all parties. 

24 minutes ago, shandypants said:

The decisions coming out of this group could relate to the makeup of its membership - is it too political; is it informed enough; is it truly independent? 

I think this is exactly the problem - leading to people being very suspicious of them. I’m not saying there is an agenda, but who is to say there isn’t either. Who is to say who their allies are - where as a Wednesday only have themselves to call upon. 

Football fans take things at their club personally - and football fans always want freedom to do what they think they are entitled to do - having some outside organisation (who we don’t know thoroughly) tell us what we can and can’t do won’t ever sit right. 

27 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I disagree. The SAG is necessary; it’s just it’s the draconian nature of its policies, rulings and decisions that is the problem. The decisions coming out of this group could relate to the makeup of its membership - is it too political; is it informed enough; is it truly independent? 

If the SAG is disbanded then it’ll probably pop up again with another name, the same members and a strong agenda against SWFC and SUFC but if the membership is changed for being too draconian then those new members will have to demonstrate that their decisions are more measured and inclusive for all parties. 

I felt it was ridiculous but I do feel it is necessary. We obviously can’t have no safety checks etc. I agree that any organisation would be the same in the hyper sensitive world we live in.