Live video stream of Luton game - £10 to UK supporters

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Might be thinking about my sky go link on mobile. I think I might access sky go from my sky account on laptop. Not 100% sure though. I have a shortcut on desktop for sky go but possibly not the app. 

Yep, I can use SKYGO on my mobile, Windows 7 PC and the wife's iPad,  but not with a Windows 10 operating system as I found out to my disgust when I upgraded the laptop.

I'll just watch it on the telly :biggrin:

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Can someone translate this into English for us techno dummies . Cheers.

Basically, you are turning your TV in to a large monitor, and that's done by connecting your Laptop or PC up to the TV, via a HDMI cable, so they are connected. Then you have to "tune" your TV to the correct HDMI input by selecting the Source button on your TV remote, and selecting the corresponding HDMI port that you plugged the cable in to. They are all labelled but you may need to move your TV to see what it is called. It will be HDMI1, HDMI2, etc. However, just select them in order and once you see your Laptop/PC desktop screen on your TV, bingo, you are done.

Does that make sense and answer your question?

The variables of following football are constantly changing and it's so annoying.

So you buy tickets when they go on sale, to get the better seats, 2 adults please...That'll be £72...chuff me

A week later, Oh it's on ifollow, £10 - could have saved £62 plus the rest it costs (drink, transport, food)

It almost makes you want to hold off buying and risk not bothering.

Goal...hold on a minute...VAR check...no goal, scraped his little finger nail.

9 hours ago, prowl said:

How does that work?

Both the TV and the PC need HDMI ports, which a HDMI cable will connect. Select the HDMI input on your TV. You may also need to press Windows Key + P to switch on projection on your PC.

Use the web browser to login to iFollow, and you're watching the match on your PC, via your TV.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

The variables of following football are constantly changing and it's so annoying.

So you buy tickets when they go on sale, to get the better seats, 2 adults please...That'll be £72...chuff me

A week later, Oh it's on ifollow, £10 - could have saved £62 plus the rest it costs (drink, transport, food)

It almost makes you want to hold off buying and risk not bothering.

Goal...hold on a minute...VAR check...no goal, scraped his little finger nail.

Get a season ticket  - won't be £72 a match

No Var in our league 

No need to wet panties 

43 minutes ago, torres said:

Get a season ticket  - won't be £72 a match

No Var in our league 

No need to wet panties 

I work every other saturday, I'm screwed every way possible.

Went from a season ticket holder to a member, now not even a member.

So I'm probably falling out with it.

1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

Just worth reminding people that you still can’t access red button matches if you’re using a NowTV sports pass on your IPad or IPhone.

Does the red button thing work with Sky Go via Android?

Similarly, can you use the Now TV pass to access any of the red button games?

OK folks, first time ever on the site. Definitely won't get away from work in Bury in time to get to Hillsborough for tonight's game against Luton so I guess iFollow is my best option as I don't have Sky and doubt if any of the pubs round here will have it on. Question, how do I actually get the game on my PC's screen? Do I google iFollow and follow links or do I have to go to the club website and click on iFollow there?

Lots of you seem to know what you're doing, but keep it simple, you're dealing with a total technophobe! (Surprised I've gotten this far)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, apswfcowl said:

Does the red button thing work with Sky Go via Android?

Similarly, can you use the Now TV pass to access any of the red button games?

No idea about Sky Go but, as I said ,you definitely cannot access red button matches on a NowTv sports pass

If I pay £10 for this match, can I watch it in the States, where I’m currently on holiday?

Just remembered that I paid £10 for a game last year then couldn’t access it, and didn’t get a refund for my £10 either due to trying to access it via a VPN set to a UK server. Apparently, you can’t do this. Was told they don’t do refunds either so they got a tenner off me for providing naff all.

My account is in the UK, I’m in the States, will I be able to access the stream? Or do I have to buy the $7.00 version for the states and use without a VPN, in which case how does this work when my account is in the UK?

Anyone know? I ask you this, and not iFollow as from past experience I know I won’t get an answer in time from iFollow for tonight’s match.

Cheers

18 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

If I pay £10 for this match, can I watch it in the States, where I’m currently on holiday?

Just remembered that I paid £10 for a game last year then couldn’t access it, and didn’t get a refund for my £10 either due to trying to access it via a VPN set to a UK server. Apparently, you can’t do this. Was told they don’t do refunds either so they got a tenner off me for providing naff all.

My account is in the UK, I’m in the States, will I be able to access the stream? Or do I have to buy the $7.00 version for the states and use without a VPN, in which case how does this work when my account is in the UK?

Anyone know? I ask you this, and not iFollow as from past experience I know I won’t get an answer in time from iFollow for tonight’s match.

Cheers

Seems the answer is covered in the Q&A section. I’d have to set up a separate account for the US. After streaming the game though, this would prevent me from accessing future streams in the UK.

What a crap service. Commentary only again for me then.

Oh yeah, and yet again, my existing password has been changed by iFollow without letting me know they have changed my password. Bloody useless. Had to reset it again.

Edited by theowlsman

15 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Basically, you are turning your TV in to a large monitor, and that's done by connecting your Laptop or PC up to the TV, via a HDMI cable, so they are connected. Then you have to "tune" your TV to the correct HDMI input by selecting the Source button on your TV remote, and selecting the corresponding HDMI port that you plugged the cable in to. They are all labelled but you may need to move your TV to see what it is called. It will be HDMI1, HDMI2, etc. However, just select them in order and once you see your Laptop/PC desktop screen on your TV, bingo, you are done.

Does that make sense and answer your question?

Cheers. 

Still none the wiser :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Cheers. 

Still none the wiser :duntmatter:

I understood it!

Plug in one end of your HDMI lead into your laptop, and the other into your tv. You should now be able to see the content of your laptop on your tv. If not, press your TV remote “source” button. Use the arrow keys after pressing the source button to select the Various HDMI1 HDMI2 channels until your laptop screen appears on your TV.

Is this a better explanation?

Where you plug in your HDMI cable into your TV, it should tell you which HDMI port you’re plugged into, HDMI1 for e.g. so using your remote source button, you select HDMI1 in this case.

Edited by theowlsman

Tempted to take a punt whilst holidaying in Cornwall. Only got a 3G signal but YouTube videos have been playing OK.

Anyone any thoughts or experiences that will justify me paying out? 

Also pubs used to be able to do it didn’t they but according to the nearest Pub down here Sky put a stop to it 

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Tempted to take a punt whilst holidaying in Cornwall. Only got a 3G signal but YouTube videos have been playing OK.

Anyone any thoughts or experiences that will justify me paying out? 

Also pubs used to be able to do it didn’t they but according to the nearest Pub down here Sky put a stop to it 

What about the red button option Ash? Can the pub do that for you?

Owlstalk Shop