Live video stream of Luton game - £10 to UK supporters

I’ve got a couple of mates that probably won’t visit Hillsborough any time soon due to the option of watching it from home. 

Understandable but a real shame. 

However, going to games is a bit routine, along with other scenarios - and if you can’t do it then it’s ideal for some. 

1 hour ago, prowl said:

How does that work?

HDMI stands for "High-Definition Multimedia Interface." HDMI is a trademark and brand name for a digital interface used to transmit audio and video data in a single cable. It is supported by modern audio/video equipment, such as 4Ktelevisions, HDTVs, audio receivers, DVDand Blu-ray players, cable boxes, and video game consoles.

While other types of A/V connections require separate cables for audio and video data, a single HDMI cable carries the audio and video streams together, eliminating cable clutter. For example, an analog component cable connection requires three cables for video and two for audio, totaling five cables in all. The same information can be transmitted digitally using one HDMI cable.

Because HDMI is a digital connection, HDMI cables are less prone to interference and signal noise than analog cables. Also, since most components, such as DVD players and digital cable boxes process information digitally, HDMI eliminates the digital-to-analog and analog-to-digital conversion other interfaces require. Therefore, HDMI typically produces the best quality picture and sound compared to other types of connections.

HDMI cables are often more expensive than analog cables since they cost more to manufacture. But it is important to remember that a single HDMI cable can replace multiple analog cables. The single all-purpose connection simplifies setup and makes it easy to connect and disconnect devices. It also supports digital commands, allowing devices to communicate with each other. For example, if your TV is connected via HDMI to a receiver, the TV can automatically turn the receiver on and off when the TV is turned on and off. It can also synchronize the volume between the TV and receiver. Modern HDMI receivers allow you to visually configure the receiver settings using your TV as the interface.

1 hour ago, Adam1867 said:

if you was to attend the game it was cost you minimum £36, add travel on top, plus food and drink, maybe a programme you are looking at nearly £50 for 1 match only.

Or you can pay £10 to watch it on the box. 

The value for money seems about right.

Or get a season ticket for better value.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Or get a season ticket for better value.

Indeed, that's what I do. 

However I am not naive enough to understand some fans can't afford that luxury and services like this bring the club and the the fans who can't afford to attend much closer together. 

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Can see the attendance taking a hit with the game available across 2 platforms.

I'm calling 14,897

You know it's a league game not a cup game?

Be 19000 at least.

2 hours ago, Adam1867 said:

if you was to attend the game it was cost you minimum £36, add travel on top, plus food and drink, maybe a programme you are looking at nearly £50 for 1 match only.

Or you can pay £10 to watch it on the box. 

The value for money seems about right.

I know ticket are expensive when not committing to a season ticket, but why chuck in food costs?

Don't you eat when you're not at the match? Take your own if you are not local.

And leave out the programme if you wish, they're hardly a collectors piece when every bugger has got an attic full.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I've just googled "iptv" and have a list of various providers. Do you have one you recommend and works without virus warnings. Can you get every Wednesday game? Can you cast from a laptop or Android phone to tv via a Chromecast dongly thingamajig? 

Sorry for all the questions. Perhaps others may find your answer helpful. I'm in UK in case it makes any difference. Average price seems to be £60pa .

Thanks 

I'll PM ya :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

I know ticket are expensive when not committing to a season ticket, but why chuck in food costs?

And leave out the programme if you wish, they're hardly a collectors piece when every bugger has got an attic full.

I'm not saying every fan will purchase food, however tomorrow many fans will attend the game straight from work. Like myself, I won't purchase food from the ground, but will spend money somewhere to get myself some tea. 

Taking your own is also an option granted. 

Programmes are for sale, I don't buy one, but obviously people do otherwise they wouldn't sell them, understand once again this a choice situation rather than a necessity when attending a match. 

It's just costs to consider, imagine if you are bringing a child, more cost involved there. 

Some fans think it is very black and white, when in fact there are a lot of different circumstances. 

2 hours ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Made me smile this.

People always add the expense of a meal at the Ivy, 3 rounds at the Ritz, the fuel costs of a small jet and the obligatory programme that no one reads anymore