International Break - The Ideal Time

If Mr C is going to appoint a new permanent Manager then the International Break would be the ideal time to do it. By then Lee Bullen will have had plenty of time to stake his claim, and if he has impressed could be confirmed. If results have been mixed or start to deteriorate it's the ideal time to bring the new man in with a couple of weeks to work with the squad before his first game.

So far Lee has been OK but some of his substitutions on Saturday had me perplexed. I would have thought that Adthe would have been an ideal foil against a packed defence, but I'm no expert. I have absolutely no insight into football at all and even less knowledge of the current fitness situation or the internal politics at S6.

I actually think doing the job in a caretaker capacity is bringing more scrutiny than doing it full time, daft as that might sound.

Either way, whether it's Bullen or an external appointment I think it needs addressing ASAP so that we can put a proper staffing in place, plan for the future and everybody get behind it.

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I actually think doing the job in a caretaker capacity is bringing more scrutiny than doing it full time, daft as that might sound.

Either way, whether it's Bullen or an external appointment I think it needs addressing ASAP so that we can put a proper staffing in place, plan for the future and everybody get behind it.

Whilst I see your point I rather think that Mr C will have seen the Man U example and see parallels to our current situation and follow that model. Of course this is pure conjecture on my part.

I totally agree wait for international break, this gives Bullen a fair chance. Chansiri in the meantime can continue to judge the candidates out there and can see who is interested in the role. Plus by then someone may have sacked a manager that would actually do a good job for us.

Despite Saturday we have started the season well, look at how bad the season has started for clubs with managers who had the whole summer to put plans in place. I think waiting a few more weeks will not hurt anything.

Hate to mention the guy, but didn’t Jos get through 2 international breaks where you’d have thought he’d be sacked. 

Just throwing it out there.

DC does things on his own time - and is so again. We just have to sit tight I guess. 

All I currently know is that if we won 2 games out of every 3 I’d be happy (not that it’s going to work like that). 

Edited by Kopparberg

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

Hate to mention the guy, but didn’t Jos get through 2 international breaks where you’d have thought he’d be sacked. 

Just throwing it out there.

DC does things on his own time - and is so again. We just have to sit tight I guess. 

All I currently know is that if won  2 games out of every 3 I’d be happy (not that it’s going to work like that). 

Yes but he was in post unlike Lee.

9 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Whilst I see your point I rather think that Mr C will have seen the Man U example and see parallels to our current situation and follow that model. Of course this is pure conjecture on my part.

Oh yes, I think that quite possible. 

4 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Yes but he was in post unlike Lee.

True.

In England we expect the international break to be a good time to change things up (and I agree) but with DC he’s generally very fair to his manager/coach, and probably just decides when enough’s enough.