How did we lose that

16 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Tonight will be a good teat of the team. Can we bounce straight back from a defeat  with 3 points or will we drop more points through lacking a cutting edge.

It will be an interesting team selection by Bullen.

I didn’t realise we were playing tonight where is snoots OMDT?

13 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Real shame the ref didn't see their centre half tent - pegging Rhodes shirt to the floor on that header

We’d Have missed the penalty though, you just know it!

:duntmatter:

12 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It’s exactly what Hector would have done to Smith. It’s no coincidence, that last season we pretty much stopped conceding those six yard box headers when we had an aerially dominant centre back. This season, we’ve already conceded two in three games

Already an obvious ***** in our armour.

29 minutes ago, debram said:

But will Bullen, he should have dealt with it Saturday. 

I’m not anti-Bullen, I love Bully, but I don’t think he’s the answer to our managerial vacancy.

I’ll stick with my standard line, we need an experienced Championship manager who has had success at this level, and knows how to get a team promoted to the Championship.

Bruce was a good fit. We now need to replace Bruce with a manager as experienced as he was at this level.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1

Looked at the highlights and basically we gifted them a goal and our shots on target were poor and didn't make their keeper work hard enough. Another day we could easily have won by 3 or 4.

Put it behind us and move on. It's not the end of the world (in spite of the reactions of a good number on here).

19 hours ago, DidOwl said:

Well, it wasn’t through lack of effort! The boys worked tirelessly and, while I only listened to the commentary and watched the highlights, I refuse to be too down about it. Just wait ‘TIL Tuesday.

It's always going to be a bitter pill to swallow, but there have always been teams who have an 'unattractive' approach to football that gets them results. We won't be the last team to travel to Mirrwwaarrwrr and drop points, and we certainly weren't the first.

There's no cause for any doom-mongering just yet. We've got a strong team, but we need one of our strikers to really step it up with the goals this year.

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I’m not anti-Bullen, I love Bully, but I don’t think he’s the answer to our managerial vacancy.

I’ll stick with my standard line, we need an experienced Championship manager who has had success at this level, and knows how to get a team promoted to the Championship.

Bruce was a good fit. We now need to replace Bruce with a manager as experienced as he was at this level.

spot on.

Watched the highlights today. We played well TBH but obviously the criticism will be levelled at the team because of the numerical advantage we had but we showed just as much movement going forward against 11 as we did against 10. Harris in particular looks a real player. Let’s just see where we are at the end of the month before we go full on meltdown ;-)

5 hours ago, theowlsman said:

To the Premier League / from the Championship.