Team v Luton

Guest LittleG
7 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You quoted a post specifically about resting Fletcher and Lee, no one else.

You're wrong.  My original quote stated that no players need to be rested, there was no reference to Fletcher or Lee. Check your facts before quoting.

Fletcher.      

Harris.    Bannan.   Reach.   Luongo.    Odubajo.

Palmer.      Borner.   Lees.      Iorfa.

Westwood.

Bench.

Dawson.

Winnal

Bates.

Hutchinson

Lee.

Murphy

Rhodes.

1 hour ago, Pale Rider said:

Just a simple question, but why rest players in a home game we should be winning, to save them for an away game we would be happy for a point in. 

Simply because a seven day gap is so much better than the three day gap.

1 hour ago, Pale Rider said:

In fact this is stupidity. Risk losing 2 points at home at the risk of losing 1 away.

I think in previous seasons you have a good point. But we now have pretty much like for like quality to come in so we are not risking weakening the team.

Lee must surely be eased back in. Luongo or Reach can replace no problem.

Murphy played Saturday. FF is hardly weakening the team.

Fletcher is the one we will miss most. But surely we have to put faith in Rhodes and the team being good enough v Luton at home, so that a fresh and healthy Fletcher can refuel to play at Preston.

13 hours ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Fletcher.

Forestieri.

Harris.      Lee.      Hutchinson.     Murphy

Palmer.      Borner.   Lees.         Odubajo.

* Westwood.

Bench.

Dawson.

Iorfa.

Bates.

Luongo.

Bannan.

Reach.

Rhodes.

*(One more wee wee tail up and he's getting dropped).

Agreed but Rhodes Teaming up with FF Upfront with Fletcher on the bench don’t want to risk is season for playing two games in a row So close together

13 hours ago, savi said:

Westwood

Odubajo Lees Borner Palmer

Hutch Bannan Luongo 

FF Rhodes Harris

Although I would like to see Fletch &, Rhodes given time together in a 442

3 games in a week Rest Lee & Fletch 

50 minutes ago, LittleG said:

No it didn't you moron. Look back at the posts.

lol

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood 

Odubajo

Lees 

Borner

Palmer

Hutchinson

Bannan

Reach

Forestieri

Fletcher

Harris

Subs: Dawson, Iorfa, Pelupessy, Luongo, Murphy, Rhodes, Nuhiu

Revert to the back 4 that did so well in first two games. Lee should not be risked. Could say the same for Hutch but give him 60 minutes and then put Luongo on. Worried about Fletcher too but I’d play him here and maybe leave him out on Saturday. Nuhiu is not everyone’s cup of tea but Preston are scared shitless of him so change it there. Forestieri should definitely start as dropping him will have hopefully lit a fire under his belly. If not we may as well sell him to a foreign club this week.

5 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

How well do we think Forestieri would do playing on the right of a front three? Harris is an automatic pick for the left hand side already so he's going to have to shift to fit into the team.

He has played wide right over 30 times in his career so shouldn’t be a problem. Obviously he is likely to go outside the full-back more than he does from the left, and he possesses a superb final ball. 

We also saw that Bullen wants his widemen to swap mid-game. Swapping between the lightning Harris to the skillful Forestieri could be very difficult for full-backs.

Harris himself has had a shocking injury record. Lets hope that is behind him, but there is still likely to be plenty of LW opportunity for Forestieri.

But ultimately this is FF’s last chance to get back to near his 15/16 self. Lets hope the penny has dropped that he has to apply himself.

Guest LittleG
6 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

lol

You're wrong again. My original quote in which i stated there should be no need to rest players at this stage of the season was in response to your post which mentioned Pep and Klopp for some bizarre reason. And our debate followed on from there.

1 hour ago, LittleG said:

You're wrong again. My original quote in which i stated there should be no need to rest players at this stage of the season was in response to your post which mentioned Pep and Klopp for some bizarre reason. And our debate followed on from there.

I've shown you the evidence and you just ignore it, clear denial but I'm not surprised.

I mentioned Klopp and Pep as someone said thsg it was a Carlos tactic to rest players as a stick to beat him with, I pointed out that the best gaffers in the game do it too so I think it was relevant and not in any way bizarre.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I've shown you the evidence and you just ignore it, clear denial but I'm not surprised.

I mentioned Klopp and Pep as someone said thsg it was a Carlos tactic to rest players as a stick to beat him with, I pointed out that the best gaffers in the game do it too so I think it was relevant and not in any way bizarre.

Go back through the posts and you will see I'm right; my original response was to your post. Anyway had enough of this so this is my final post on the subject. Have a nice day.

11 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Westwood

Moses, Lees, Borner, Palmer

Hutch

Harris, Bannan, Reach, FF

Rhodes

Subs

Dawson

Lorfa

Luongo

Lee

Fletcher

Murphy

Bates

So, after screamin about bringing in some pace, you would drop MURPHY (pace) for FF WHY FFS!.

I've tried to stay off here last couple of days. After watching highlights it looks like we were just unlucky, any other day we'd have scored 3/4 goals at Millwall. It just wasn't our day. For that reason I'd maybe bring back Obadajo and give Dave a run up top to rest Fletcher. 

I was gutted we lost obviously but the effort and work rate was there as far as I can see. 

Too many changes is never a good thing unless absolutely necessary, 2 or 3 for me and that's only for the good of resting Hutch, Fletcher and Lee. The only thing we were guilty of the other day is not taking chances so I'd have no problem seeing Forestieri and Rhodes come into the side for this one, Luongo for Hutchinson perhaps too, Lee is a machine he'll be fine to play Tuesday I reckon. Oh and Bannan back in for another change but that's to be expected.