Guest LittleG
11 hours ago, savi said:

Westwood

Odubajo Lees Borner Palmer

Hutch Bannan Luongo 

FF Rhodes Harris

Although I would like to see Fletch &, Rhodes given time together in a 442

3 games in a week Rest Lee & Fletch 

The seasons just started!!!! there should be no reason to rest any players at this stage. 

3 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Comparing our squad to Man City and Liverpool is a bit far fetched. The players have only just started the season, there should be no reason to rest any of the team.

I didnt compare our team to theres, at all.

I just said that top coaches rest and rotate in easier games, it wasn't just a Carlos idea as originally suggested although he subscribed to it, as do many coaches.

7 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Comparing our squad to Man City and Liverpool is a bit far fetched.

Agreed. Can't think of anyone from their respective squads would even make it into our starting 11.

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I didnt compare our team to theres, at all.

I just said that top coaches rest and rotate in easier games, it wasn't just a Carlos idea as originally suggested although he subscribed to it, as do many coaches.

After only 3 games there is no compelling reason to rest players, they should be as fit as a butcher's dog. Rest them after 10/12 games.

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

After only 3 games there is no compelling reason to rest players, they should be as fit as a butcher's dog. Rest them after 10/12 games.

Those players he suggested to rest though arent fit as butchers dogs are they.

Fletcher is 32 years old, had multiple injuries fairly recently. He is a guy who we may have to rely on to score goals later in the year. There isn't a point to overworking him now.

Lee is 31 and has just returned from an 18 month, yes 18 month, injury nightmare. To suggest he could play 3 times a week would be akin to suicide for him, you may as well just end his career now if you want to do that. He needs to be looked after, a rest here and there regardless of if its after 3 matches or 33 matches will do him good.

There is an argument for looking after Hutchinson too.

I don't think anybody is suggesting we give rests to other important players like Lees, Borner, Harris and Reach after 3 games.

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

After 3 games!!! FFS

Well done you can count.

The players won't be burned out after 3 games, don't be silly. It's what could easily happen if players who really shouldn't be playing 3 games a week do just that, about November/December time. It's much better to look after and condition our players now, they have to rest them for a continual period later in the season.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I get the idea of resting players for the easier games.

Problem is we haven't got a huge squad rammed wih Internationals ready to step in AND I'm not sure there are any easy games in the Championship. 

spot on, go for the result, play your best side from the off and deal with the consequences as best seen.

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Those players he suggested to rest though arent fit as butchers dogs are they.

Fletcher is 32 years old, had multiple injuries fairly recently. He is a guy who we may have to rely on to score goals later in the year. There isn't a point to overworking him now.

Lee is 31 and has just returned from an 18 month, yes 18 month, injury nightmare. To suggest he could play 3 times a week would be akin to suicide for him, you may as well just end his career now if you want to do that. He needs to be looked after, a rest here and there regardless of if its after 3 matches or 33 matches will do him good.

There is an argument for looking after Hutchinson too.

I don't think anybody is suggesting we give rests to other important players like Lees, Borner, Harris and Reach after 3 games.

Well done you can count.

The players won't be burned out after 3 games, don't be silly. It's what could easily happen if players who really shouldn't be playing 3 games a week do just that, about November/December time. It's much better to look after and condition our players now, they have to rest them for a continual period later in the season.

What a load of crap! we're talking about 3 games and you're implying tbat Lee will be close to pegging it if he plays on Tuesday. You might not agree with my view but think about what you are posting.. 

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

What a load of crap! we're talking about 3 games and you're implying tbat Lee will be close to pegging it if he plays on Tuesday. You might not agree with my view but think about what you are posting.. 

He was white in the face when he came off.. he's a game fellow but his injuries mean we've got to let him back in steady.. you must see that?

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Kieran Lee has played 5 games of competitive football in EIGHTEEN months. He is 31 years of age.

He needs looking after, or do you want to see him out again for another 18?

Remembering, part of the reason why he ended up on the treatment table was him being rushed back from injury in the first place.

There is still serious doubts for me about his long term fitness, we need to be careful with him.

Also, where did I see he'd be close to pegging it? You need to properly read posts, it makes you look daft when you don't.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

He was white in the face when he came off.. he's a game fellow but his injuries mean we've got to let him back in steady.. you must see that?

He didn't have the best game Saturday either let's be honest, he did look very leggy.

It's OK though, he's only played 3 games.

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm white in the face when i leave Hillsborough. Perhaps I should be rested! 

Guest LittleG
4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Kieran Lee has played 5 games of competitive football in EIGHTEEN months. He is 31 years of age.

Remembering, part of the reason why he ended up on the treatment table was him being rushed back from injury in the first place.

There is still serious doubts for me about his long term fitness, we need to be careful with him.

Also, where did I see he'd be close to pegging it? You need to properly read posts, it makes you look daft when you don't.

You did say it would be "akin to suicide" if we played him. I think that's pretty close to pegging it!

Just now, LittleG said:

You did say it would be "akin to suicide" if we played him. I think that's pretty close to pegging it!

It would be. For himself, this club, and his career, if he was forced to retire early because he had been overplayed when he shouldn't have. Akin to suicide.

Guest LittleG
8 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

My point was about resting any players and not focused on Kieran Lee. If  any player needs resting after 3 games, we should not be employing them.