Team v Luton

6 hours ago, ES6owl said:

Westwood

odubajo.    Lees. c   Bates.    Palmer.

murphy.     Bannan.   Hutch.    Harris.

Fletch.     Nando.

harris has the pace to switch to a 433 on attack. Back to a solid flat 4 on the defence. I like to see us sit back and play in the counter. Nice and quick.

subs: dawson, Börner, Lee, Iorfa, Nuhiu, reach. Luongo.

Interesting selection.

Any particular reason for dropping Borner?

6 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Could be. Possibly Lee in midfield, Reach in wide attack and Murphy benched after a poor performance yesterday. One of 2 scenarios for me.

Don't get me wrong, if Lee is up to it I'd start him. I think he's been super since his return. Just wondering if the games might be a bit thick and fast after so long out. 

11 hours ago, Holmowl said:

This could be a feisty thread.

Lets have your Xl and your subs, seeing as how there has been much said about our bench v Millwall.

Westwood

Odubajo Lees Borner Palmer

Forestieri Bannan Hutchinson Reach Harris

Rhodes

• Iorfa didn’t do enough to take the shirt off Odubajo
  • Lee shouldn’t play Sat Tues Sat yet
  • Surely FF must start unless he’s blotted his copybook with Bully
  • and the big ? Rhodes v Fletch? Not worth risking Fletcher’s season for one game.

Subs 

Dawson

Iorfa

Fletcher

Murphy

Luongo

Lee

Just a simple question, but why rest players in a home game we should be winning, to save them for an away game we would be happy for a point in. 

8 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Just a simple question, but why rest players in a home game we should be winning, to save them for an away game we would be happy for a point in. 

If you are going to rest and rotate, it is usually standard practice to rest in the so-called easier matches. Especially if the match is a home game!

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I'd go two upfront at home!

Westwood

Odabajo  Lees Borner Palmer

Reach  Hutch Bannan Harris

Fletcher Rhodes

There is an argument for doing so, but can Fletcher and Rhodes play as a 2? I'm not sure.

We've also played well with our previous formation so far this season so there's an argument to keep it.

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If you are going to rest and rotate, it is usually standard practice to rest in the so-called easier matches. Especially if the match is a home game!

That did seem to be the Carlos method, backfired many times. Points in the bag are better than hopes and dreams. 

Just now, Pale Rider said:

That did seem to be the Carlos method, backfired many times. Points in the bag are better than hopes and dreams. 

It's also the method of top coaches such as Pep, Klopp etc...

So what do you suggest, rest in the matches where it'll be a struggle to earn points?

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

In fact this is stupidity. Risk losing 2 points at home at the risk of losing 1 away.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Interesting selection.

Any particular reason for dropping Borner?

Nothing major, I think if Bates was on the pitch Saturday at 6ft 4 maybe that goal wouldn’t have gone in that’s all. Borners been good. But I just wanna see how Bates does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pale Rider said:

The fact Pep and Klopp follow this theory. The real point is we are not Liverpool or City and any success we have will be built on solid home form. 

Do you not watch premier league football or something? A quick check of their team sheets from last season will tell you what you want to know.

Guest LittleG
14 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It's also the method of top coaches such as Pep, Klopp etc...

So what do you suggest, rest in the matches where it'll be a struggle to earn points?

Comparing our squad to Man City and Liverpool is a bit far fetched. The players have only just started the season, there should be no reason to rest any of the team.